“Got not the ordered room, but the alternative one and exspecially the service were okay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Copley House

Copley House
Ranked #69 of 83 Hotels in Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

They did their very best to solve the overbooking issue!
We were therefore very satisfied with the service that they provided!
The hotel was perfectly located, only about 5 minutes walking distance from the Prudential Center in downtown.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Plainfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I found the Copley House when searching for a place to stay that would be near to the Marriott in Copley Square where my son was going to attend a conference. We were unable to afford the big hotel rates so searched in a wider circle and found this accommodation. It ended up being super convenient! A 5 minute walk at a reasonable pace. In addition, at the end of W. Newton St., 3 minutes away, right on the corner with Huntington Ave is a T stop and the Prudential Center shopping area (if you ask at the shopping area information desk they will give you a welcome packet, inside of which is a coupon for a free cup of soup or chowder at one of the food court restaurants, along with other coupons). The hotel is also located a reasonable walking distance to Northeastern and the Museum of Fine Arts, in the other direction on Huntington from Copley Square. All in all a great location for what we needed to do, and a much better price than the rest of the hotels. In addition, there was a small kitchen which allowed for me to bring food and prepare some meals for myself, so I saved even more money while my son was at the conference. The parking was handy and off the street, right behind the building. Since I arrived early, well before check - in, there was a space available and at $15 per day was half the price of a garage and much more convenient for loading and unloading. I was told that the parking is on a first come basis, so not every room has a guaranteed spot - so it is good to call the night ahead to gauge whether there will be a likely spot for you depending on how many people will be checking out prior to your arrival.
Since I had time before check in, I was told by the woman at the desk that there were several medium studios, the size I had reserved, available and she gave me a key to go check them each out, which I thought was very nice and trusting and since I had time to kill I took her up on it. Each one was different and located in one of their several different buildings. It was a difficult decision because each had great reasons to be chosen. I ended up deciding to go down in size and chose a small studio because it was available right in the main building where I had already parked my car and it was also available right then to move into, so I chose the easiest option of not moving the car and being able to move right in even though it was much smaller (think small dorm size with a kitchenette).
There is quite a difference in room style and quality that I saw. Some of the rooms I looked at were stunning - nice enough to consider a long term rental in, and made me jealous in comparing the quality and style to my own home. The room I chose was due for a renovation however, and had not been recently done like the others I saw. The tub had chips of missing enamel, the wall had a plaster repair that was not smoothed and painted over, the television loomed over the wobbly dining table, the toilet seat was a bit askew, and there was an area over the sink where you could tell a different sink had been there in the past. BUT, it was cleaner than many chain hotels I have stayed in, and having seen the other rooms that I could have chosen in the other buildings but decided to stay in the main building, I knew the room will have potential when they get around to renovating it like they have the others I saw. It was still better than my son's dorm room that he stayed in all year, and had some lovely tree branches swaying out the 3rd floor window, and was very cute. The rooms are all quaint and unique with odd shapes, different views, interesting colors, and comfortable beds. If you are looking for a standard cookie cutter name brand hotel this is not it. It is akin to staying at your grandparents old regal home with moderately narrow stairways with carved wooden handrails, that could use some work in places, has had some recent work in other places, but has the solid bones that nice old houses have.
The people were very nice to us, and it was definitely a bonus for us that we stayed in the same building as the office because we had access to the office staff, who were there quite early in the morning and fairly late at night. We unexpectedly needed to send documents to a family member, access email, and make some printouts. All of this was accommodated easily by a brand new computer and printer that had been installed recently in the entry area, easily accessed by all, and the staff is very willing to help with the technology for those who need it. There was no use or printing fee.
I was allowed to leave my car there after check-out at noon (which is at least an hour later than many places, and very helpful), until later in the afternoon when my son's conference was done - which was extremely helpful in not having to move the car and pay more parking fees as well.
The prices on the website do not quite seem to match the quotes however. What I payed for a small studio seemed higher than what they have as a price on their website for an economy studio - and our studio seemed smaller than the economy size. When I asked about this during my initial inquiry they said the prices on the website need to be updated, but in the month or so between my initial call and today, the internet prices haven't changed - so I'd think they should be in touch with their web person to make the changes before other people are as puzzled. My small studio was $155 per night and on the website the economy is listed at $125 - 135, and there is no small price quoted. The picture they have for the economy however is much bigger than the small studio I had, so that part is a little perplexing. (Was I in an economy size or a small, or are they the same thing?) In the small studio we had on the 3rd floor, I'd just like to say that I am glad my son and I are thin.
We'll go back. I felt that I was staying in a lovely old home, with nice helpful people taking care of it. The cleaning staff was pleasant. All told, we made the right choice and will definitely return. I would recommend this place to anyone, as long as they weren't looking for the sameness of the big chains. Good job Copley House!

Room Tip: Arrive early to get a parking space - call the night before to assess how likely you are to get one...
1 Thank 8pony8
Lambertville, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Start with the (only) positive: When I finally got to the 'hotel' the front desk staff at the time tried to be helpful. I booked this place about 10 days in advance, as it was near where I was to have a business meeting. My flight (United!) was delayed by 3.5 hours, so just to be prudent, I called the hotel at 5:30 pm to confirm my arrival and was told room would be ready. Got to hotel at 11:00 pm only to be told that due to a 'glitch' there were no rooms available, that two others also got bumped out, that they had been working on trying to find rooms all day - which meant that they knew this when I first called them. This after first telling me they did not have my phone number so they could not contact me. I asked them how that could be since they had my corporate travel agent contact and THEY could have contacted me, but of course, my number and email are in my travel profile. Anyway, after trying every hotel in Boston and surrounding areas, at 11:30 they sent me to a 'hotel' in Allstot - 15 miles away. Place turned out to be a really sketchy boarding house, with no private bathroom and a 3 story staircase that I can't believe passes pass fire code. I encourage all travelers to avoid Copley House like the plague. I will report them to BBB.

Room Tip: Another hotel - any other hotel
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank trinzeon

Travelers are raving about these Boston hotels

Vinhedo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

A friend and I spent a week in Boston for a Conference and chose the Copley House for lodging. The price was very reasonable considering the excellent location (close to the Symphony T stop at the green line and walking distance from the Prudential). The hotel has 3 different buildings, so when we got there we went to the office and the nice girl in the reception told us that our room was in the St. Stephen St, which was fine because the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to drive guests and suitcases to their building. The room was big with comfortable bed a nice couch, dinner table, decent bathroom and a small kitchen with appliances. We had a basement room with a nice yard space in the back. The only really annoying point was the lousy internet connection; they must work on that once they announce they provide free wi-fi. As most people know Boston is full of mice (I was aware of that since I lived there for a while), we stored a couple of bags with cookies and chocolate to bring home and while packing we realized some of them were attacked by a mouse. Thank God we did see it but we got really upset. The room was clean and as I said Boston was tons of mice, so take care of your stored food. Overall we had a great experience and would stay there again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PriscilaGM
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

This place is really convenient and located in historic Back Bay area. The friendly staff offered me off-street parking which is pretty hard to find in downtown Boston. Close to all amenities (grocery, subway, concert halls, Copley square, etc.). I recommend it to everyone.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great Location. Surrounded By Great Resteraunts And Shopping. Beautiful Parks And Easy Access To Public Transportation. Great Apartments!!! If
You Enjoy Walking, Historic Sites Are Just A Shirt Walk Away.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

At first, I reserved different hotel, however, I changed to Copley House by an accident.
It was very happy to have staying here because rooms are pretty &comfortable and also staffs are so kind!!
I 'd like to stay here again when I come to Boston.