“Great place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Abigayle's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 37 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was in Boston during the week of the bombings and the manhunt. My room at the bed and breakfast was very spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The hosts were very kind and helpful. I did call them three days prior to my late evening arrival as requested, to make sure they were waiting for me. My only concern is that bedandbreakfast.com (NOT the proprietors of Abigayle's) did not disclose that the brownstone directly next to Abigayle's was undergoing major renovation. The workers began every morning at 7am, making it impossible to sleep beyond that time. Out of courtesy, this information should have been shared. I would have used earplugs...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank B K

Reviewed April 15, 2013

it is a nice house from the 19th century very well preserved. it is located in a quiet and beautiful neighbor, very well comunicated to the city center because the subway station is two blocks far.
The owners are very warm and friendly, and they are at your disposal to solve any kind of problems. The breakfast is very good. the only weakness is that there is not a lift and you have to go upstairs in order to go to the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sergio R
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The property is conveniently located to a main Train station and many good eateries in a fun neighborhood - University student housing. The rooms were very clean and in perfect condition. The Host and Hostess were absolutely delightful to talk with every morning and evening. The breakfast was great. The WiFi connection worked perfectly. I highly recommend staying here to get a good "home" feeling while working in this big, beautiful city. I WILL stay there next time I visit Boston.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DebraF731
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Perfect place to stay a couple of days in Boston at moderate budget. Very charming and supporting landlady and landlord. Nice room with WiFi, perfect. The room has a lot of power connectors, so easy to have powered all my devices. The breakfast I liked a lot. Best thing were the friendly other guests which guaranteed a pleasurable conversation during breakfast with the chance to get tips from them or advise. If I ever come back to Boston, I will go to Abgayle's.

1  Thank MartinKiemes
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at Abigayle's B&B for two week nights. The location is very convenient to Fenway Park, B. U. and lots of restaurants as well at the Kenmore Square T station. Lee, the owner/hostess was very pleasant to deal with and most hospitable. My room was very neat and clean...not fancy, but just what I needed/wanted. There were plenty of choices for the continental breakfast including fruit, yogurt, cereal and various breads for toasting. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Boston.

Room Tip: Be sure to pack lightly, as my room was on the fourth floor and there is no elevator!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here again and every thing was perfect.
Location, hosts, breakfasts.

Very easy to get to the B&B by the T. Convenient to every thing.
Very considerate and caring owners. I have stayed here before and will stay here on my next trip to Boston.

1  Thank ASC4871
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Room:
I recently stayed at Abigayle's (also: The Brownstone) Bed and Breakfast and I couldn't have had a more pleasant stay. I was traveling alone for a conference and stayed in one of the single rooms for 5 nights. I was a little nervous about this choice because the bathroom was in the hallway (although it was a private bathroom.) This turned out to be fine; my room door was directly next to the bathroom door. My room was small, but it was really all I needed, plus it was way more affordable than all the hotels I was looking at originally.
My room was located at the rear of the house and I had read reviews that complained of the noise from the postal trucks in the morning. Li gave me a white-noise maker and I slept better than I usually do, it completely blocked out the sound.

Overall:
The B&B is very charming and decorative. The owners (Vic and Li) are friendly and interesting, but they don't bother you unnecessarily. The breakfast in the morning is continental. I was occasionally late for breakfast and they were very accommodating when I came down as they were going to start cleaning up.

Cleanliness:
The cleaning lady was at the b&b every day, cleaning every room, bathroom, and all the public spaces. I always had clean towels and a very clean bathroom, and my bed was always made when I came back in the evening. There wasn't even any dust on the wood floor underneath the bed. This place is VERY clean!

Location:
Finally, the location CANNOT be beat! It's a block from a slew of great restaurants, from the Kenmore T-stop, from a bus stop, and it's in walking distance of virtually everything you might want to sight-see in the city.
Overall, an awesome stay and I will definitely be back!