“Fun & unique”

90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“Fun & unique”
Reviewed May 14, 2010

I had no idea what to expect the one and only time I've seen Blue Man Group -- and I feel like if I went again, I'd still have little idea what to expect! That's just the nature of this show, but it is fun and unique. It truly dazzles multiple senses -- sight, sound, etc.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Northampton, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Blue Man Group”
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Blue Man Group. They’re exactly what they sound like: A group of blue men. But they’re not just any blue men. No, they are blue men who make you double over laughing, blue men who make you look around in awe to see the weird and amazing things they do, all while they keep their faces as straight as a pencil. You never know what’s going to happen next; with things from marshmallows to toilet paper, the blue men keep you guessing: they’re an ocean of activity. With the music blasting from the speakers, and the strobe lights flashing, I could not have been more excited.
I really loved this show because it made me crack up at every scene – it was so funny! I would have never thought that a simple Twinkie (those creamy snack-cakes) could be turned into a hysterical act that you will talk about for the next month.
My favorite part was when they played this recording (How To Be A Mega Star) and it said things like “rock movement number one – the basic head bob” and the Blue Men started do it. They did all of the funny movements perfectly, except for “rock movement number forty-two – the leg behind head stretch” They just tumbled onto the floor – they were bumbling bees.
All of that is only half of the show – the music is a whole other factor of the show! It’s played by a band in a “secret” nook in the upper right corner of the stage. The only part you can see is patches of glowing paint-like substance, and just enough of it to clarify what the people and instruments are. One of those band members was one of my family’s friends. He let us tour backstage after the show – we saw all of the props and band instruments behind the scenes – it was like a mini tour. My favorite part of the tour was when we saw the place the band goes in. We also saw how they made their instruments (and people) glow in their various ways in the band. My brother’s favorite backstage part was the drumbone – an instrument made of PVC piping. It’s played by hitting the pipe with drum sticks and moving the pipe into different positions as you do with a trombone (thus the name, drum-bone).
I would definitely go back to see Blue Man Group again, and I hope I do. It was one of the best shows I have ever seen, and I’ve seen a lot shows. Next time you’re in a big city with a Blue Man Group in it, I say go see it!

Shamong, New Jersey
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“So Much Fun!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I wasn't expecting too much from this show and I was blown away. It was so much fun and so unique. You have never seen anything like this before!! Pricey, but worth it..

Dutchess County, NY
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“After seeing Blue...I'm sad”
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Missed this show in Vegas & NYC, so after hearing raves from others...I decided to see for myself. Yes-(at times) it's entertaining, yes-it makes you laugh, yes-kids will have fun, but it's only worth half the price of admission. Why? Only one hour, of the 90-minute show, has real substance & creativity...it's all about the drumming. As I watched, I thought, 'These are "street performers", who moved indoors, using visuals in a energized production with lighting, audio & video effects. I appreciate all artistic forms of expression, so the next time I come to town, I'll see you at the BSO.

Marlborough, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Greatest show ever”
Reviewed December 13, 2009

This show is downright amazing. They keep you entertained and laughing the entire time. The theater is small so even up in the balcony, you're still so close, and you have to get involved. Everyone is a part of the show in some way. I was lucky enough to go onstage and be a part of a skit. The theater is also very close to so many restaurants so you can see the show and catch dinner nearby afterward.

If there was any show that should be categorized as a "Must See", this is it.