“After seeing Blue...I'm sad”
Review of Blue Man Group

Ranked #5 of 47 Concerts & Shows in Boston
Dutchess County, NY
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“After seeing Blue...I'm sad”
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Missed this show in Vegas & NYC, so after hearing raves from others...I decided to see for myself. Yes-(at times) it's entertaining, yes-it makes you laugh, yes-kids will have fun, but it's only worth half the price of admission. Why? Only one hour, of the 90-minute show, has real substance & creativity...it's all about the drumming. As I watched, I thought, 'These are "street performers", who moved indoors, using visuals in a energized production with lighting, audio & video effects. I appreciate all artistic forms of expression, so the next time I come to town, I'll see you at the BSO.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Marlborough, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Greatest show ever”
Reviewed December 13, 2009

This show is downright amazing. They keep you entertained and laughing the entire time. The theater is small so even up in the balcony, you're still so close, and you have to get involved. Everyone is a part of the show in some way. I was lucky enough to go onstage and be a part of a skit. The theater is also very close to so many restaurants so you can see the show and catch dinner nearby afterward.

If there was any show that should be categorized as a "Must See", this is it.

New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great night out in Boston”
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Blue Man Group is a fun show to see either with your children or partner and the Charles Playhouse is a great theatrer. Only 500 seats, it's intimate so you fell really connected to the performers and audience members alike.

I really enjoyed it.

Charlotte NC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Everyone should see the Blue Man group”
Reviewed August 27, 2009

My husband and I just got back from Boston and we went to see the Blue Man group. We had heard about it, but had no idea what to expect. We took a chance. Everyone should experience this. It was so much fun. It is hard to describe other than to say you will totally enjoy your time watching them You will laugh and be amazed. Just do it. We did and are glad we did. So worth it.

Weaverville, NC
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed August 9, 2009

One of the best shows I have ever seen. My family of four was fully engaged from start to finish. I would highly recommend this show to anyone who likes to laugh and have a good time. There's nearly continual music and crazy antics and audience participation - very high energy. The Charles Playhouse is a small venue. We were about nine rows back but every one had a good view of the stage - plus the Blue Men come into the audience for a few of their routines so everyone feels involved. One word of warning though about parking when arriving for the show - We were unfamiliar with the area so we took the first parking garage near the theater and "Special Event" pricing was in effect for $27 one price for all (Not per hour) - so I would suggest looking a few blocks away and possibly a better rate could be found.