“Successful evening for my teenage daughter.”
Review of Blue Man Group

Ranked #5 of 47 Concerts & Shows in Boston
Boston, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Successful evening for my teenage daughter.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had seen this show many years ago, and decided that it would be a great evening for my 14 year old. With busy lives and her 8 year old sister, it is rare that we get to spend quality 1 on 1 time together. We went to Rock Bottom for dinner for fabulous burgers, and I shared my excitement about the show, but of course you can't really explain it. Then I was worried that I had hyped it up too much and that she would be disappointed. My daughter was so impressed with the show that she said it was "20 out of 10"!

The show is very interactive, balcony seats will allow you to only "view" the show, which really doesn't give you the full effect. In my opinion, this isn't really a kid show, It is for adults and maybe teenagers that appreciate art and loud music.

If you are going for a special occasion or want to single out a friend, let them know and they can probably incorporate their name into the beginning announcements - which are hilarious. :-)

Oh and don't come late, or you will be part of the show....

1 Thank NewtonMOM101

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
chester, nh
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Ranked 10 out of 10 from our 14 Year Old!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We surprised our son with tickets to this show for his 14th birthday. My husband purchased tickets at the theatre and were able to get 3rd row seats from the stage. They were more pricey, but we wanted the best experience possible as this was a gift. Worth every penny! Without giving the show's details away (and who can really explain it anyway?), the poncho he needed to put on (for those sitting close to the stage) just added to his anticipation!
We called the Playhouse the week of the show and asked to have a Happy Birthday message on the sign before the show started and they were able to do that :-)
Looking forward to seeing it again!

Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awesome fun”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We took our daughters to this show (11 yrs and 9 yrs old). They were a bit wary since they heard it was dark and the Blue Men "stare at you." Well, sometimes it is a bit dark and they do stare, but it's hysterical. The theater is pretty low-brow, but when you see them throw twinkies and jello into the audience, you understand why (if you like this sort of thing, sit in the center. Don't worry, they give you a poncho). It's a very interactive show and at the end it's like a big party. The band rocks and my kids are still talking about what good drummers the Blue Men are. Such fun that it ended up being fine for both our kids. Plus as an adult, you can watch the show with a beer or drink from the lounge downstairs. I would totally go back (and maybe even sit in the center).

1 Thank ShelbyJune
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“For the kids...”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is definitely not sophisticated fare and the producers do not hide this fact. The show is clearly intended for families with pre-teens. However, even as a spectacle, much of the optical tricks (iPod segment), rock concert inspired conventions (i.e. giant balls, toilet paper hurricane), and low brow cheap laughs (the projectile vomiting of "Twinkies") failed to impress. I'm all for "art for art" but did it really incite all my senses and maintain my interest? No. "Content" is in dire need of some updating. But again, I can imagine that my grade eight students would enjoy this.

Not worth the full price. Balcony seats at half price with obstructed views will NOT be a huge issue should you not want to fork out more than $40 (I paid $38 at Bostix) because you will not be MISSING much.

1 Thank CareeningCorrinne
Lynn, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Such a treat for anyone...”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My son (35)visited for Christmas and we LOVED this show! we laughed so much our sides hurt and I know we'll go again one day. The 'toilet paper' and big floating balls really add to the fun but the BLUEMEN are just terrific---music is great TOO! you'll never be sorry if you go. ENJOY!

Visited December 2012