“Great experience!!”
Review of Sportello

Sportello
Reserve with OpenTable
Sportello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #279 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: A Street
Transit: For those taking public transportation, we are a short walk from South Station.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great experience!!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a great experience there! Parking was ok because we have south boston stickers. The service was amazing, the waiter had great suggestions for wine and food! The bolognese was to die for and the desserts was a pumpkin whoopie pie with homemade cinnamon ice cream! It was delicious:).

Valparaiso, Indiana
“For a special dining experience - Sportello is a must!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was working in Boston, and trying to get over a horrible case of the flu. Finally well enough to go for a walk, and to seek out some healthy comfort food, I stumbled upon this restaurant. With such a simple layout, I knew absolutely nothing about their reputation, but judging from the warm atmosphere and captivated patrons, I just knew that I was about to experience some phenomenal cuisine. I was right!

The seating area is quite unique as everyone is seated at a common counter. The chef is situated at the south end so we could see him preparing the meals, mostly from scratch. Don’t be in a hurry; just enjoy a glass of wine and soak in the wonderful aroma of freshly prepared pasta. I started with a bowl of the spicy tomato soup, and settled for a main entrée of Pasta Bolognese. The service is very friendly and accommodating, I was just wishing the entire time that my wife could have been there, during my project. She would have loved this place. I can tell you that my first stop during my next visit to Boston is going to be Sportello.

Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Food--Great Staff!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had such a good experience in this restaurant! The spicy tomato soup and the whipped feta and pepper appetizer were just a prelude to the wonderful homemade pasta to follow. The potato gnocchi was the lightest I've had since a visit to the Cinque Terre in Italy many years ago. The tagliatelle was rich and succulent, the braised rabbit pasta was also wonderful, as was the butternut squash pasta. Our waiter, Eric, was so attentive and charming that he made the evening a delight.

• Visited December 2013
London
“Buzzing, inviting, good food”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I loved the lamb polenta, and the starter which I cannot remember, however the dessert of a ice cream cookie cake was disappointing, the cookie had been sitting around for a while and was dry and I don't think I actually was given any ice cream. It's quite a small restaurant so arrive early or prepare to pay. I think the bar downstairs is awesome and has recently won an award for best bar in the world...! (It's called Drink)

• Visited December 2012
New York City
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

A casual dining experience with impeccable service and outstanding food and wine. The gnocchi was superb.

Visited November 2013