Let me start with the good. Rooms are wonderful. Espresso machine in the room...yes! My technologically savvy husband was very impressed with all the "gadgets." We stayed in the hotel on New Year's Eve. We booked a group of rooms and the staff was very accomodating and assured our rooms were together. We overlooked the harbor and had an excellent view of the midnight fireworks. Cribs (not a portable pack n-play) were provided with a convenience pack of travel wipes, a couple of diapers, lotion and shampoo (nice touch). Doormen are very personable and accomodating. The food at Sensing was great (brunch).
Now the bad...one of our family members had a double lung transplant and we were celebrating his life and our ability to ring in 2010 together. We had a group of younger women in the room next to us smoking (yes, the entire hotel is non-smoking, but some people care only about themselves--they even had a balcony in the harbor suite they were staying in). When we smelled smoke the first time, we called the front desk. Response was that they were addressing it with the occupants and if they received additional complaints, they would move the offenders. I know that was not the only complaint. We'll this continued throughout the wee hours of the morning (when you don't want to move your own room) and each time hotel staff addressed with the offenders, but never moved the group as promised. A sleepless night was the least of our concerns-- we were mainly concerned with the damage to our family member's lungs. Attempted to address our issues at checkout the next morning and staff basically said "too bad, so sad." All other Fairmont staff were more than accomodating and top notch. All I can say is move your room as soon as you think you have a problem floormate to avoid the issues we encountered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The centerpiece of Boston's Battery Wharf renaissance, The Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront merges the North End's trademark charm with a contemporary appreciation for history and sense of place. Featuring 150 stylishly designed guest rooms and suites with extraordinary waterfront views, this luxurious boutique hotel on the pedestrian-friendly HarborWalk boasts two bars and restaurants, 6,000 square feet of meeting space, an award-winning Spa and Fitness Center and easy access to Boston's bustling Financial District, Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall Marketplace and TD Garden, New England's premier sports and entertainment arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Hotel Battery Wharf
- Fairmont Hotel Boston