“Wonderful Concierge Guest Services”

Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
Ranked #32 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have not stayed at this hotel, but my boss was staying at the hotel for his anniversary, and I wanted to have a little gift waiting for him and his lovely wife. I called the concierge and spoke with a Norma Castro. What a delight Norma was to work with, I explained to Norma that I wanted to have a little gift of wine and cheese waiting for my boss and his wife when they arrived but I had a budget. Norma assisted me in finding the perfect anniversary gift of wine and cheese that would be waiting for them when they arrived. She sent me the necessary forms to complete the transaction and I know that my boss and his wife will be surprised. It is very apparent that Service is number one priority at this hotel not only for the current guests, but their future ones too. I can't wait to stay here myself one day.

Room Tip: Have a question before your stay, call the concierge they are wonderful
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank womantrvler
Write a ReviewReviews (1,602)

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Worth the cost....great north end location. Tons of restaurant choices. Stayed in the Gold building - junior harbor view suite. Fairmont doesn't disappoint, battery wharf is no exception. Stayed at both locations in Boston. Very different hotels but impeccable service at both. Depending on where ur going in Boston give this hotel a try. Go for gold....won't be disappointed. Beautiful room, great bathroom and exceptional harbor view!

Room Tip: Choose gold building with harbor view...worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer Z, Manager at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, from our waterfront location to the "impeccable" service. Thank you, again, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Very nice hotel for a pleasant stay in Boston, Well located (ask for room with a harbor view) near Hanover Street (plenty of nice italian restaurants) and accessible by water taxi from Logan Airport. Main sightseeing in Boston can be made by foot from the hotel or just take the tube (Haymarket or Aquarium station). I recommend Fairmont Gold for their various additional amenities offered in the evening.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, as only a Fairmont can be. Comfortable bed and pillows, amazing bathroom, nice location. Professional and kknd staff. Wonderful to get there by ferry, a nice way to experience Boston as you arrive there!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Location of the hotel is great for a Boston visit. Rooms are modern with very comfortable bedding and roomy bath areas. Parking is by valet which is run by an independent agency separate from the hotel. (Overnight parking $45)
We attended a wedding reception here and most things went well. The dinner entree's however were below average. Entree size and quality were lacking.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The hotel was nice, but not excellent. Nothing pre say wrong with anything, but the staff at the front of the hotel was a little rude, and the wifi in the room was awful. The hotel itself was nice, and clean. The bathroom was lovely, and the hotel was nice enough to leave our daughter a gift in the room when we arrived which was a great touch.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Jennifer Z, Manager at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Hello Ryan,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Though I see that you enjoyed our facilities and appreciated the welcome gift , I'm disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I have shared your post with our Front Office Manager, as your comments could represent a valuable training opportunity for our colleagues. Thank you, again, for your feedback.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were in town for a fundraising event that was being held at the hotel. The hotel staff was very courteous and attentive. The rooms were very spacious for a city hotel. Beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was quite large. Our room was located in the building across the walkway. The hotel might be considered a bit out of the way for some, but it was a quick walk to the North End and an even quicker walk to the Garden (TD Bank North). I would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer Z, Manager at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, from the "courteous and attentive" staff and comfortable rooms to our waterfront location near TD Garden. I look forward to sharing your comments with my colleagues, who I am sure will be equally pleased to hear it! Thank you, again, and we look forward to your return.