“Nice Hotel In A Great Location - Not Sure About My Room Placement...”

Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
Ranked #40 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary, Canada
“Nice Hotel In A Great Location - Not Sure About My Room Placement...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights while exploring Boston - checked out some baseball games, different restaurants, and the aquarium. The hotel itself is in a beautiful location, has amazing rooms, and an extremely nice lobby/bar. My only complaint is that our room was right next to a main door that made a very loud noise every time somebody went through it. We booked using a family/friends discount and I suspect that may have had something to do with our room location - the hotel was not full at the time and I would hope the front desk staff have enough knowledge of the hotel to know that is a crappy spot to stay in, especially with people coming/going at all hours. I typically avoid confrontation; regardless, the staff should know better than to put somebody in such a poor room location when they aren't even close to full.

Other than that, decent hotel, but very expensive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Hamden, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Fairmont Battery Wharf in Boston. The room was clean, spacious, and tastefully decorated. We had a great view of the harbor. The staff were courteous, helpful and very accommodating. We will definitely plan to stay again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed here over a weekend when a family wedding took place in their event rooms. My room was upscale, modern and spotless. The staff was friendly and very efficient. I asked the desk clerk for walking directions to the Chart House for dinner -- he called the restaurant and assured that we received VIP service. Interesting walks possible from the location. Take the water taxi to and from Logan Airport! I jointed Fairmont's President's Club and received free wifi. Breakfasts and lunch were first rate. My only complaint: no soda machine on the floor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer Z, Manager at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hello Neil,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during your family wedding, from your guest room and meals to the first-rate service from my colleagues. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

This hotel is a bit of a mixed bag. Note that overall it is very good so that is my overall rating. There are some issues worth mentioning... I know people who live on the property so spend some time there. I have also spent the night and had good and bad experiences with service. The rooms are nice and clean, but be warned that they are only on the low floors. The suites have nice water views. I was able to hear the next room through the bathroom and also a loud TV all night, above me. I am always a bit perplexed when new properties aren't able to mitigate sounds between rooms, but maybe it is hard to do. In terms of location, I think it's a terrific alternative to Back Bay. You can walk throughout the North End, down to the Greenway, and up to the Common, etc.

While there was a bit of a mishap with a room service delivery, the staff is mostly good, Khalid I recall was very helpful, friendly and efficient getting bags to the car.

The restaurant has struggled a bit and service there remains 'let's see what we get today' -- there is always something just a little off about the staff and service. One guy wears strong cologne, one woman has a strange attitude and talks a bit too much about herself, etc. perhaps we have just had bad luck. The food has improved but is pricey for what you get. The lobster sliders are very good and I have also had nice fish entrees. The restaurant space is spacious and bright, and there is outdoor seating.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ErikaE704
Hello Erika,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. While I'm happy to see that you've rated your experiences well overall, I'm disappointed to hear that we've missed the mark on a few points in the past. I have shared your post with our General Manager, Craig Reaume, in order to facilitate further internal review. We thank you, again, for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back.
Prince Edward Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

This hotel does it right. Despite being a luxury high-end property; the staff makes this work and makes you feel special. From the parking staff to the housekeepers , everyone is super friendly and
efficient. This hotel, as others have correctly noted is in a great location in Boston's North End.
I have stayed here on business and with my family for Bruins or Red Sox games. Nice 10 minute walk to TD Garden to see the Bruins and great fun walking down Hanover St. We love the quaint little cafe Anthony's just up the street for a real Boston cafe type delicious breakfast. There is also a Starbucks just up the street as well and the walk along the waterfront is so nice. I am a Fairmont Platinum Club memeber and the front desk staff always go out of their way in making sure we are looked after at this fine property.

Room Tip: If you can get a harbour view, it is gorgeous to look out at in the mornings.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hello,
Thank you for your post! I'm thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed your prior stays with us, from our location in the North End to our superior service. In particular, it's wonderful to hear that my colleagues go above and beyond to ensure your visits are memorable. Thank you, again, for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Coconut Creek, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

From first impression upon arrival with Doorman/Bellman Khalid opening the door and welcoming us, to the timely and perfectly executed meals, to a warm and professional check in/out process along with a well appointment room that was simply flawless, I would reccomend this lovely property to anyone traveling to the Boston area. I will be back ...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hello Dawna,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us! I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit, from your warm welcome by Khalid to your "flawless" guest room and dining experiences. We appreciate your feedback and I look forward to sharing it with Khalid and the rest of my colleagues. Thank you, again; we can't wait to welcome you back!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

We enjoyed our one night stay at the Fairmont. It is a small hotel with a boutique feel, but all the look and service of a Fairmont. The rooms are an average size, with all the amenities you'd expect. The bathrooms are huge and have a separate shower.
Our room package included breakfast, which was wonderful.
The hotel is in a great location, just on the edge of the North End. We had a quick 5 minute walk to Hanover St for dinner. Also, just 10 minutes away, is Fanueil Hall Market place for some great shopping.
Our one con was the size of the lounge and bar area. There is very little seating - it always seemed packed. The bar menu was very limited as well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay overall, from your guest room and amenities to our location in Boston's North End. I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to enjoy our lobby lounge - it is certainly becoming a popular spot, especially during our weekend jazz series. We thank you, again, for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.