“Happiness”

Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
Ranked #35 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I rarely met such a courteous, efficient and reactive staff.
The hotel is beautiful, the rooms very comfortable.
The bathrooms are well equipped with a separate show cabin
Excellent service. (including complimentary shoe shine)

Room Tip: We asked for and enjoyed a view on the harbor

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Went to Boston for a weekend, ended up in a "Fairmont" Battery Wharf, what a disappointment. Rented a junior suite, found out it had no bath, moved to an equivalent room with a bath and a barking dog in an adjacent room. Was told the establishment caters to business people, who do not need a bath, not sure how the dog friendly part fits in, did not know business people travel with dogs. Asked to talk to the GM, he was absent for the weekend, if I was in his shoes I would run away from the place as well. This is clearly a mismanaged property, lack of attention to detail is evident throughout, bring a razor, vacuum cleaner and air purifier if you want to stay there, otherwise wait till the spring to air the Fabreeze out of the room, check the mattress and pillows to see why the they abuse Fabreeze. Make the long story short, do not understand why Fairmont keeps its name on this joint, this clearly is not a Fairmont.

3  Thank jordanwin1
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Hello Jordan, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent stay, even after my colleagues arranged a new guestroom for you. I'm also surprised that you felt your room lacked attention to detail, but I have shared your comments with our Director of Rooms for further review. Thank you, again, for your post.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had quick get away to the Fairmont Battery Wharf on waterfront next to Coast Guard station. Great location,nice boutique hotel. Rooms are large and well appointed- some have views or partial views of the harbor. Staff friendly and helpful. Valet overnight parking is $ 45. They have Exhale Spa with all kinds of facilities in separate building. The large co ed hamam- with warmed tiled room was a treat on a winter morning and complimentary with room- as well as sauna. Location is great since you can walk across street to the North End to enjoy dozens of Italian restaurants and pastry shops. The bar was super quiet on the night we were there but restaurant was busy. Unique was the seating outside in the cold but with big fire pits to eat by.The only negative is the noise in hallways and door closings are loud. This is my second stay and I will be back.

Room Tip: Opt for suite with full view of harbor or rooms toward harbor for partial water view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank wtraveler21

Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and that you found our staff so friendly and helpful. Exhale Spa's authentic hammam is indeed a warm treat during the winter! I am sorry to hear though that you were disturbed by noise in the hallways. Thank you, again, for your post and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Spent an enjoyable week at the Fairmont Battery Park. Lovely location overlooking the waterfront and close to many historic sites in the north end of Boston. We stayed in a gold room so had little reason to visit the main part of the hotel as we had everything needed to hand. The continental breakfast was good, but a bit more variety would have been nice for those staying more than a day or two. The evening snacks were also a nice touch. Arrive by water taxi if you are flying in as it is a great introduction to the city. Nearest t station is about 15 minute walk and the subway is in desperate need of an upgrade. Taxis aren't too expensive and are a better option for getting around.

1  Thank Spacemonkey5
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to stay overnight at the fairmont battery wharf. We checked in and met with wonderful service. The host checked us in and informed us of a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite. He then escorted us to building 5 where we were delighted to see our room. The room was very nice, spacious, and clean. Service was great except for breakfast delivered to the room where they forgot 2 different items upon delivery. Overall, a beautiful hotel with great service.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello and thank you for your post. I'm so pleased to hear that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your "staycation" with us in Boston! While it sounds like you had a great experience overall, I do apologize for the mixup with in-room dining. We appreciate this feedback and I've shared your comments with our In-Room Dining Manager. Thank you, again, for your post.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

From the moment I arrived to the time I left this hotel I found the whole experience a complete joy. I arrived very late; but the night staff that checked me in were very courteous and knowledgeable. My room was very well designed; modern, clean and well equipped. I particularly liked the range of cookies next to the desk in the room. I chose a room overlooking the coastguard quay which had a lovely view across to the historic naval yard.

I didn't have any meals in the hotel during this stay, as the location was perfect to explore the many restaurants and cafes in historic Boston; but I did enjoy a few drinks in the bar listening to the jazz.

For a restful location in downtown Boston I think this is an excellent hotel; it would have been nice to have a gym to use but that is the only downside I can think of. It is quite expensive but not more than most hotels in Boston. Upon Checkout my experience was enhanced when my wifi charges were removed from the bill without the need for me to ask.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Russell S

Hello Russell, and thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's a pleasure to hear that your stay was "a complete joy." I'm glad you enjoyed our weekend jazz series in the lobby lounge, as well as the attentive service of my colleagues. I would like to take this opportunity to mention that we do indeed have a fantastic fitness center for guests to use, operated by Exhale Spa. Thank you, again, for your post and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Absolutely outstanding! The service and staff were incredible, and went above and beyond to make my stay exceptional. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Boston. The location is perfect if you are planning on attending a sporting event at the TD garden and close to some of the best restaurants in the city.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business