“Fantastic!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Worcester, England
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

When we pulled up at the hotel we knew we were in for a good experience. The staff were very helpful, providing plenty of information on things to see and places to eat. Our room was simply stunning with a great view across the harbour towards Bunker Hill. The bed was extremely comfortable and very large, the bathroom immense. The location of the hotel is within walking distance of downtown Boston and the Freedom Trail, and only minutes from some great eating places in Little Italy. The bar at the hotel whilst a little pricey was very good

Room Tip: There are three buildings for this hotel, we were in building 1
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Belmont, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

we arrived early. everyone was very attentive and friendly. We left our luggage and went to eat because our room was not ready. we were told we had a great room with a view. When we came back they said a room was available and they had upgraded us. they walked us to a different building across the way. no doorman and friendly staff. There was also no view. when asked they said we would have breakfast. this was no upgrade it was a down grade. the breakfast was no better than I have gotten at a holiday inn.
The hotel was nice and it was close to the North end.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank janetw08
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Hello Janet, and thank you for your post. While I’m thrilled that you found our Front Desk team attentive and friendly, I’m surprised to hear that you were not pleased with your upgrade to Fairmont Gold. Fairmont Gold is an exclusive, concierge-level offering where service should exceed your expectations – I’m disappointed that we may have fallen short. As for the breakfast offering, which is complimentary only for guests of Fairmont Gold, I have shared your feedback with our Fairmont Gold Manager in the event that this could be improved. Thank you, again, for your post.
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

From check in to check out, could not have asked for a better exprience. Elegant. Comfortable. Perfect stay. The beds are very comfortable. Attention to detail is obvious from toiletries, to towels, to pillows. The waterfront location is beautiful and peaceful. Good restuarants nearby. Will likely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best fairmonts I've stayed in. You can get a water taxi from the airport to the hotel and it only takes 7 mins.
The hotel is in a great location it's in a quiet area along the water front and only a ten min stroll into the centre.
The rooms are modern and a great size and very clean!
The only thing I was missing was they don't have the usual fairmont breakfast buffet but the breakfast was great regardless!
I would def stay here again!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Olney, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

GREAT location; beautiful waterfront by the North End Italian restaurants. Very good service (knowledgeable front desk folks; no separate concierge). Beautiful hotel (2 separate buildings), trendy, well-laid out rooms and large lovely bathroom. Comfy beds. The Nespresso machine made such delicious espressos that we came home and bought one. Large well-equipped gym in adjacent building. Constructive criticism? Some scratches in wood door/furniture. The hotel offered reasonable discounts on rates. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BHE713
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel was a major disappointment. The decor was meh. The sheets were like sandpaper. I could hear the doors of other rooms slamming shut during the night.
Good location near little Italy.
For the price, there are better hotels in Boston.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DesnaDC
Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. While I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our waterfront location, I’m sorry you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay. I would like to assure you that I’ve shared your comments with our Director of Rooms. Again, we appreciate your feedback and I hope you will consider giving us another chance to “wow” you on your next trip to Boston.
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Having traveled to Boston for leisure many times, I decided to use the Hot Wire service to book a hotel as I had heard great things about choices provided. One of the 5 Star Hotels suggested was the Fairmont Battery Wharf, and once I saw that I was so excited because the Fairmont has such an excellent reputation world wide. Unfortunately, my experience was anything but 5 Star.

The first night I arrived, my daughter valeted parked her car. She lost the valet ticket and they were all up in arms about, as if it has never happened before.

The room accommodations were something out of the 1970s- very ugly, dated, and TINY.

One evening, when needing ice- was told by the front desk there would be a 35-40 minute wait. Let me add that ice machines are not provided on the guest floors... how inconvenient.

The overall staff enthusiasm was atrocious. They all were very upset about having to do their jobs. Any request seemed to aggravate and annoy them.

The only redeeming quality of this hotel is the proximity to the North End and downtown.

I would NEVER stay here again and I would NEVER recommend someone stay here. I would have been mortified if I had to pay full price for this room and not booked via Hot Wire.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jimkellster
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Hello Jim, and thank you for your post. I’m very sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your recent stay. You are correct in pointing out that we do not have ice machines on the guest floors – I can see how this could be an inconvenience and I will make sure this feedback is shared with our hotel’s leadership team to further assess. I’m disappointed that you felt my colleagues were not helpful – This is unacceptable. We can, and will, do better. Thank you, again, for comments, and I hope you’ll consider giving us another chance on your next trip to Boston.