“Perfect!”

Ranked #38 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Perfect!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best fairmonts I've stayed in. You can get a water taxi from the airport to the hotel and it only takes 7 mins.
The hotel is in a great location it's in a quiet area along the water front and only a ten min stroll into the centre.
The rooms are modern and a great size and very clean!
The only thing I was missing was they don't have the usual fairmont breakfast buffet but the breakfast was great regardless!
I would def stay here again!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Olney, Maryland
Reviewed November 18, 2013

GREAT location; beautiful waterfront by the North End Italian restaurants. Very good service (knowledgeable front desk folks; no separate concierge). Beautiful hotel (2 separate buildings), trendy, well-laid out rooms and large lovely bathroom. Comfy beds. The Nespresso machine made such delicious espressos that we came home and bought one. Large well-equipped gym in adjacent building. Constructive criticism? Some scratches in wood door/furniture. The hotel offered reasonable discounts on rates. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BHE713
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel was a major disappointment. The decor was meh. The sheets were like sandpaper. I could hear the doors of other rooms slamming shut during the night.
Good location near little Italy.
For the price, there are better hotels in Boston.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DesnaDC
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. While I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our waterfront location, I’m sorry you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay. I would like to assure you that I’ve shared your comments with our Director of Rooms. Again, we appreciate your feedback and I hope you will consider giving us another chance to “wow” you on your next trip to Boston.
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Having traveled to Boston for leisure many times, I decided to use the Hot Wire service to book a hotel as I had heard great things about choices provided. One of the 5 Star Hotels suggested was the Fairmont Battery Wharf, and once I saw that I was so excited because the Fairmont has such an excellent reputation world wide. Unfortunately, my experience was anything but 5 Star.

The first night I arrived, my daughter valeted parked her car. She lost the valet ticket and they were all up in arms about, as if it has never happened before.

The room accommodations were something out of the 1970s- very ugly, dated, and TINY.

One evening, when needing ice- was told by the front desk there would be a 35-40 minute wait. Let me add that ice machines are not provided on the guest floors... how inconvenient.

The overall staff enthusiasm was atrocious. They all were very upset about having to do their jobs. Any request seemed to aggravate and annoy them.

The only redeeming quality of this hotel is the proximity to the North End and downtown.

I would NEVER stay here again and I would NEVER recommend someone stay here. I would have been mortified if I had to pay full price for this room and not booked via Hot Wire.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jimkellster
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Hello Jim, and thank you for your post. I’m very sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your recent stay. You are correct in pointing out that we do not have ice machines on the guest floors – I can see how this could be an inconvenience and I will make sure this feedback is shared with our hotel’s leadership team to further assess. I’m disappointed that you felt my colleagues were not helpful – This is unacceptable. We can, and will, do better. Thank you, again, for comments, and I hope you’ll consider giving us another chance on your next trip to Boston.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 10, 2013

For the price, this was one of my worst so-called five star hotel stays ever. I have been to Boston many times and usually stay around Back Bay or the Downtown areas. As this was a leisure trip I decided to try something different. Never again!

After you have travelled for 36 hours and arrive at 1am, all you want is a bit of service and a quiet comfortable room to sleep in.

When we arrived we were the only customers within miles yet the porter evinced no interest in us in the slightest until we had lifted our own bags out of the trunk of our cab and were half way in the door. On check in we were given "a beautiful room with a queen bed". If only.

First thing we noticed was the heat, it was stifling. Then the smell, as if there was a gas leak but with no gas. Finally there was the bed, maybe it was fit for a queen but there were two of us.  I really dont know what passses for a queen sized bed in Boston, but you would have to be pygmies to sleep two people comfortably in that bed.

Changing rooms, even though the place was over half empty, was no easy matter, but we did eventually get there. If we had previously had the worst room in the house, this must have been the second worst. It was again stiflingly hot, directly above the entrance, with a rattling aircon, but at least a King sized bed.

The aircon only wanted to rattle and had no interest in actually cooling the room. We could at least open windows, although that did mean listening to the porter directly below us and his inane late night conversations on his cell phone.

Look, some of the day time staff were great, Little Italy was a good place to eat etc, but I would never, ever stay here again! And I suggest that you don't either.

Room Tip: Somewhere else in Boston
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BeachSwaggie
Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I’m so sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay. I would like to point out that the gentlemen outside are not porters, but a valet service operated by an outside vendor – that said, I do apologize that you were not assisted with your luggage. As it is winter here in Boston, we do of course turn the heat on in our guest rooms – I’m very sorry that this caused you discomfort as our intention was the opposite. I have shared your post with our Director of Rooms so we can thoroughly review our procedures here. Thank you, again, for your feedback.
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We spent a couple nights here & were amazed that we heard crickets at night! Felt like we were in the woods rather than the waterfront in Boston! Wonderful bed, (& bedding), good location (& yet quiet!) excellent gym/spa facility & super friendly staff. About 10 min walk to the heart if the waterfront district and closer yet to Little Italy...just a fantastic hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lovetravellivetravel
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I think this location was great. We were 5 minutes from the Aquarium, Fanueil Hall/Quincy Market, Rose Kennedy Greenway and the Ferry to the Harbor Islands. The room was excellent and had a nice harbor view. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business