Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Boston”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Gold Service staff were excellent and truly made our trip to Boston memorable for all the right reasons! We particularly enjoyed the restaurants recommended to us by Christine - lovely young lady and a credit to the Fairmont Battery Wharf :-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Turkish first
Bedminster, NJ
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Fairmont Battery Wharf for three nights. Great location! Very comfortable bed and a clean room. The location is close to the all the restaurants in the North End, which was very convenient. Parking was alot of money ($45 each night), but we found parking around the corner. Upon check-in we received two booklets on activities in Boston and Salem with maps enclosed. We used these throughout our trip, extremely helpful!!! Josh at the front desk was very helpful with some great suggestions on things to do in the area. He also was very helpful in printing some tickets for a comedy show that we had purchased. Ate breakfast in the restaurant and the service was great, quick and very good! Yesterday when we ate there we received a complimentary warm scones...nice touch! I also like how you cannot use the elevator without your room key...I liked the added security. Also the hotel was on the smaller side and we were located on the 2nd floor and I loved the convenience of having our room so close to the lobby. I hate when you just want to run to your room and you have a long walk to just grab a jacket. Would definitely return to this hotel!

2 Thank Esporrin
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hello and thank you for your post. I’m thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed a fabulous three nights with us! I’m especially glad to hear that you found my colleague Josh to be so helpful and welcoming – I look forward to sharing your comments with him, as well as our Front Office Manager, in order to facilitate appropriate internal recognition. Thank you, again, for your comments and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed there one night, we enjoyed the water view. We booked a standard room but was upgraded upon arrival to a deluxe room.

The service was excellent and we enjoyed our stay there.

I would stay there again, but it is a little further away from the city centre compare to another hotel we stayed in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Mila, and thank you for your post. I’m thrilled to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us, from the service to the lovely water views. I’m also happy to hear that you would visit us again – We appreciate your feedback, and hope to welcome you back soon!
Toronto
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is my second time staying at the Battery Wharf. This time we stayed in a Fairmont Gold suite and it was great. Fairmont Gold includes access to the Gold lounge which includes complimentary breakfast, afternoon canapés and evening desserts. The food was good (though not as good as some other Fairmont lounges). Fairmont Gold is in a separate building away from the main reception – this was good because it was less noisy but at times it felt a bit deserted. The hotel does not have a pool but as a guest you do have complementary access to the Exhale spa – including the hammam steam room and sauna. The location is nice as it is right by the water (and close to all the North End Italian restaurants and walking distance to Quincy Market) but not as central if you wanted to go shopping (Fairmont Copley Plaza will be better for shopping). The service at the gold lounge was great (we mentioned a craving for cookies and we received freshly baked cookies – yum!) and the front desk / concierge Olivia was awesome.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I’m so pleased to hear that you returned for a second visit – and chose to experience Fairmont Gold this time! I’m glad that you enjoyed the additional amenities offered on Gold, and found my colleague Olivia so helpful. Thank you, again, for your comments, and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Hatfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had a truly lovely time at this hotel last fall!! We stayed in one of the Gold rooms. It was a corner room with an amazing view of the water. The room was very large and well appointed.

We also had a couple meals at the onsite restaurant and it was very good.

I also enjoyed a message at the Spa. It was nice - but not exactly amazing.

The best and most memorable part of our stay was roasting s'mores by a campfire. The hotel opened up one of the outdoor fire pits for us, provided us all with blankets and handmade marshmallows. So we sat out in the cool fall air, roasting marshmallows and staring up at the city lights. It was a wonderful evening for our little family! We are planning a return trip soon!!

Stayed November 2012
1 Thank FurnessFamilyTravels
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I’m thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your stay, from the peaceful water views in your guest room to your meals at Aragosta Bar and Bistro. I’m especially happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our restaurant’s outdoor fire pits to enjoy s’mores with your family – surely this will be a special memory! Thank you, again, for your post and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Brentwood, TN
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This is the sixth time that I have stayed at this hotel. It is a beautiful building in a great location. There are persistent problems that have been present for years. First the staff is at least aloof, if not arrogant. This is particularly true of the desk staff. Second, on none of my visits has the room been availatble when I arrived. This visit was quite typical. The room was not ready until 5:30 p.m. Also, getting a cab form this hotel is really painful. It typically takes more than 20 minutes and I have had it take 45 minutes. The reason is that the cabs are not allowed to stay on the street that comes to the hotel. The are summoned from about a block away.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Rhythmdoc54
Jennifer Z, Area Manager, Internet Marketing at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Hello, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. While I’m h that you have stayed with us multiple times, I’m sorry to hear that you have been unsatisfied with the check-in process. While I can’t speak to the specific dates you were with us and delays do happen when the hotel is busy, it is unacceptable that you have been made to wait upon multiple visits. Regarding your difficulties with hailing a cab, we have little control over when taxis will pass by on Commercial Street and do have a car service in place to assist guests with transportation. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Thank you, again, for your post.
Estero, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband booked this hotel as a quiet getaway for me while he had business meetings in Boston. We specifically didn't stay at the Marriott where everyone else stayed and he chose the Fairmont thinking it would be a special treat for me.

The room was nice but I believe in quality control and customer service from a 5 star hotel - not to be found. 1. The box spring on the bed was uncovered/exposed - put a cover on it. 2. there was trash in the hallway for at least 24 hours. 3. room was cleaned but toilet paper was removed and not replaced - did they use my toilet? 4. I used the lovely coffee maker but the coffee supply was not replaced for the next day. 5. There was a broken bottle of Patron in our refrigerator 6. turn down service on Tuesday but not Monday?

The biggest things was the bathtub, the A/C and returning from shopping for a nap at 1pm and our room had not been serviced. I had to ask for service and wait on my nap. So much for my quiet few days away. Here are the details:

1. The bathtub stopper didn't work - I brought special tub salts with a bath planned. I wanted to enjoy a lovely, large bathroom and tub since we live in NYC in a small space. :( 2. The A/C never really worked - we asked 3 times for the air to be looked at and it never changed. It was freezing in the hallway but not our room.

The Front Desk staff was pleasant and wanted to help but alas - the had to order a part for the bathtub - why wasn't it discovered and fixed before I got there? They should have moved us to another room. They said they asked for our A/C to be looked at but I'm not sure the temp ever changed. They did bring me more coffee pods but why weren't they replaced. I felt like I was at a 3 star hotel and not the Fairmont at Battery Wharf - whomp, whomp, whomp. :(

1 Thank Mary H
Hello Mary, and thank you for your post. I’m very sorry to hear that we missed the mark on a number of details during your stay - This is simply unacceptable. I have shared your comments with our Director of Rooms in order to facilitate the appropriate internal follow-up. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope you’ll consider giving us another chance to “wow” you on your next trip to Boston.