My husband booked this hotel as a quiet getaway for me while he had business meetings in Boston. We specifically didn't stay at the Marriott where everyone else stayed and he chose the Fairmont thinking it would be a special treat for me.
The room was nice but I believe in quality control and customer service from a 5 star hotel - not to be found. 1. The box spring on the bed was uncovered/exposed - put a cover on it. 2. there was trash in the hallway for at least 24 hours. 3. room was cleaned but toilet paper was removed and not replaced - did they use my toilet? 4. I used the lovely coffee maker but the coffee supply was not replaced for the next day. 5. There was a broken bottle of Patron in our refrigerator 6. turn down service on Tuesday but not Monday?
The biggest things was the bathtub, the A/C and returning from shopping for a nap at 1pm and our room had not been serviced. I had to ask for service and wait on my nap. So much for my quiet few days away. Here are the details:
1. The bathtub stopper didn't work - I brought special tub salts with a bath planned. I wanted to enjoy a lovely, large bathroom and tub since we live in NYC in a small space. :( 2. The A/C never really worked - we asked 3 times for the air to be looked at and it never changed. It was freezing in the hallway but not our room.
The Front Desk staff was pleasant and wanted to help but alas - the had to order a part for the bathtub - why wasn't it discovered and fixed before I got there? They should have moved us to another room. They said they asked for our A/C to be looked at but I'm not sure the temp ever changed. They did bring me more coffee pods but why weren't they replaced. I felt like I was at a 3 star hotel and not the Fairmont at Battery Wharf - whomp, whomp, whomp. :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The centerpiece of Boston's Battery Wharf renaissance, The Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront merges the North End's trademark charm with a contemporary appreciation for history and sense of place. Featuring 150 stylishly designed guest rooms and suites with extraordinary waterfront views, this luxurious boutique hotel on the pedestrian-friendly HarborWalk boasts two bars and restaurants, 6,000 square feet of meeting space, an award-winning Spa and Fitness Center and easy access to Boston's bustling Financial District, Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall Marketplace and TD Garden, New England's premier sports and entertainment arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, HotelPower, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Hotel Battery Wharf
- Fairmont Hotel Boston