This Memorial four day weekend stay in Boston was our second time at the Battery Wharf property. Perhaps I don't remember the special qualities of this property because of so much other travel, but this was an opportunity to refresh ourselves on the unusual, pleasant and unique qualities that are a rare experience and special treat. The Battery Wharf is a historical site from the Revolutionary era today overlooking the Coast Guard station and Boston Bay, sail boats headed to the Charles and overlooking the Bunker Monument from our room with the water rippling just below our windows. (It's recommended to reserve a room overlooking the Coast Guard station to optimize the special experience of the property.) The hotel is literally built on a pier that extends out into Boston Bay so you're not just on the waterfront, but extended out into it. From Logan airport, you can opt to take a free shuttle bus #66 that will take you to the water taxi. The water taxi are small boats that shuttle people from the airport to the Seaport, Rowe's Wharf, and literally to a stop that's steps away from the Fairmont Battery Wharf hotel for $10 per person or $17 round trip. The water taxi run except during bad weather.
The hotel services were advanced. We received an email the morning of our trip asking what time we expected to arrive at the hotel, how we planned on arriving, what the hotel could do to assist. Check-in and out was all done easily online. I asked if early check-in might be possible, and upon touch down at Logan airport received an email from the hotel notifying us that our room was ready for early check-in at noon. While I understand the hotel cannot accommodate such requests for everyone, it was the level of courtesy and care to providing complete service that was notable, and, from my expense, exceptional. We had our breakfast en chambre the trolly wheeled in and served on time with every request met. We ate offsite in the North End so we cannot give advice about the restaurant's food. However, there's a great band on Fridays & Saturdays and it's hopping!
What we found refreshing was the quiet ambience of the hotel on the waterfront. I encourage going for the extra price for a King room overlooking the bay or the Bunker Hill monument. The hotel has a convenience car, BMW 7-series to shuttle guests around the neighborhood and this came in handy particularly on the rainy day. The North End is right there, Old North Church, Freedom Trail, Itlain North End restaurants (Mike's Bakery), Quincy Market.
In summary, the take away is that the experience was total service, relaxed, and unparalleled upon request. We liked not being oppressed by effusive staff, but treated like adults that could come and go as we pleased knowing that whatever we desired was efficiently delivered, professional at very turn.
We're happy to recommend this property if you're not the overly needy type looking for glitz and glamour, but a great historical location that's private, convenient and very, pleasant indeed. We'll definitely go back again next time in Boston.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The centerpiece of Boston's Battery Wharf renaissance, The Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront merges the North End's trademark charm with a contemporary appreciation for history and sense of place. Featuring 150 stylishly designed guest rooms and suites with extraordinary waterfront views, this luxurious boutique hotel on the pedestrian-friendly HarborWalk boasts two bars and restaurants, 6,000 square feet of meeting space, an award-winning Spa and Fitness Center and easy access to Boston's bustling Financial District, Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall Marketplace and TD Garden, New England's premier sports and entertainment arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Hotel Battery Wharf
- Fairmont Hotel Boston