We stayed just one night at the Fairmont, as we were on our way to a reunion west of the city the next night. We booked the hotel using airline points, so I am unable to comment on value for the dollar. However, we really enjoyed our stay and would love to go back again the next time we have occasion to stay in Boston.
The check-in experience was excellent, with very cordial and efficient front desk staff and a friendly and helpful bellman to escort us to our room and see that our car was taken care of.
The room was beautiful, with a king sized bed and lots of space and seating. The bed was very comfortable, and we slept very well. There is a 42" LCD TV on the wall with a good selection of channels available. The bathroom is well appointed, with a glassed-in walk-in shower and a separate toilet with translucent glass separating it from the rest of the bathroom. Lots of amenities.
Seating included a comfortable reclining chair and a couple of other chairs as well. There is a desk with a good bit of space. My one gripe is that they charge $15.99 for WiFi, but this is common nowadays. Seems like an unjustified money grab, given that a $50/night Super 8 Motel gives you WiFi for free.
One oddity is the absence of ice machines on the floor. You have to call the front desk to get ice delivered, and of course that means a tip. However, they deliver ice and bottled water around 7:00 in the evening, which is a nice touch.
Overnight parking is $42, which is highway robbery, except that it costs an arm and a leg everywhere in Boston. There are some parking garages within walking distance (meaning a mile or less) that are less expensive, but you have to decide if it's worth the hassle of finding them and going back and forth.
If you are looking for good food, simply walk over to Hanover Street in the North End, about a two minute walk, and check out the gazillion fine Italian restaurants. The Quincy Market is about ten minutes away. The nearest T stop is Haymarket, also about ten minutes.
Would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The centerpiece of Boston's Battery Wharf renaissance, The Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront merges the North End's trademark charm with a contemporary appreciation for history and sense of place. Featuring 150 stylishly designed guest rooms and suites with extraordinary waterfront views, this luxurious boutique hotel on the pedestrian-friendly HarborWalk boasts two bars and restaurants, 6,000 square feet of meeting space, an award-winning Spa and Fitness Center and easy access to Boston's bustling Financial District, Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall Marketplace and TD Garden, New England's premier sports and entertainment arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelPower, TripOnline SA, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Hotel Battery Wharf
- Fairmont Hotel Boston