Really enjoyed my recent stay at this hotel. It's hard to find a "new" hotel in Boston, in looks and feel. There are some newer "boutique" hotels, but thier fit and finish will be dated before long. This was my first experience at a Fairmont property, and it was very, very positive. So much in fact that my wife and I booked a three night stay at the Fairmont Chateau Frontenac for our anniversary next month.
The place - easy in and out for an urban hotel. GPS in car brought us right to the front door. For those who whine about the cost of valet parking ($42), it's comparable to any other hotel of this class in Boston. There is cheaper parking within walking distance, but if you're spending money to stay at a nice place and your complaining about the cost of valet, you probably should choose a hotel more in your budget. The hotel is on the edge of the North End in Boston, which is the lively Italian section, and close to everything you'll want to see if you are doing the tourist thing. We knew we wanted to eat in the North End, so this was perfect for us. The room (we had a Deluxe King with Harbor View) was warm, inviting, clean, modern, spacious, and comfortable.
The people - every employee we interacted with was courteous, polite, and helpful. We were welcomed at the door, allowed to check in early, complimentary ice and bottles of water were delivered to our room when we returned to it. The staff at Arragosta were knowledgable and friendly. This place is a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The centerpiece of Boston's Battery Wharf renaissance, The Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront merges the North End's trademark charm with a contemporary appreciation for history and sense of place. Featuring 150 stylishly designed guest rooms and suites with extraordinary waterfront views, this luxurious boutique hotel on the pedestrian-friendly HarborWalk boasts two bars and restaurants, 6,000 square feet of meeting space, an award-winning Spa and Fitness Center and easy access to Boston's bustling Financial District, Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall Marketplace and TD Garden, New England's premier sports and entertainment arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelPower, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Hotel Battery Wharf
- Fairmont Hotel Boston