“Repeat visit = repeat liking for this place!”

Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed here again a year after first staying here (see my first review for details). This time we were in the main building where you check in. The rooms were of exactly the same spec and standard as I had known from my previous stay in one of their adjacent buildings. The condition of the place and courtesy of the staff was also top notch like last time... My only gripe is that it is pricey, but you do get what you pay for in this instance.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed here for busines in January. This is a amazing hotel with amazing service and amenities.

Service: The service here was impeccable. Check in was a a simple process where I was literally treated like I owned the hotel. I was staying in the Gold which has it's own concierge and access to a private lounge. The attendant was very helpful and polite and remembered my name from the start. They must speak with the front desk or something because he addressed me by my name which I never told him minutes after being in the main lobby.. guess it's possible there were not many other guests but I don't think so.

Room: You can't beat these rooms. If you want five start amenities this is in. The room is huge for a king size room with a long entrance, huge closet, desk leather eco chair and very stylish furnishings. The bed very extremely comfy and I never wanted to get up for work. The bathroom was very well layer out with a huge shower and separate toilet area. The toiletries where top notch and all wonderful. I liked the fully stocked mini bar and snacks as I sometimes like a drink in the room or snack before bed. tsk tsp right..
Oh! and please don't be alarmed when you get to your room and the lights are dimmed and the music is playing.. there is no one in the room I swear. It's just the turn down service.. But the Music was so loud I felt bad for the neighbors.

Spaces: I used the lounge for work and play. My manager and myself would go to the horderves after we finished working and before dinner. The food was amazing with cheese and salmi and many other items that changes every day including hot sandwiches and sliders one day. They coffee is Nestle and Illy which were both amazing. There is off course a full service honor bar which had tons of options. If you do not know how to make a drink they attendant did offer to help. We also had breakfast in the lounge every morning which was again very tasty. hey had fresh juice which was to die for.

Near by: We at at Bricco one night which was to die for. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the area. I had a seafood risotto which was amazing and fresh. We also at at a sushi place but the name escapes me right now. But the Sushi was amazing and I am a huge sushi fan.

Overall: I would highly recommend this hotel for it's service and small touches that make you feel like your at home.

PS. Enjoy a nice drink in front of the fire places in the lounge it is very relaxing.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank John P
Jana_Baseel, Fairmont Battery Wharf, Marketing Coordinator at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

We’re thrilled to have welcomed you as our guest in our private Fairmont Gold Building, and were delighted you felt right at home with us during your business trip in Boston. Your detailed description of our property, amenities, and the service you experienced during your stay, highlights the experience that we are committed to making for our guests, as it is our commitment to make sure that all our guests feel as though their visit with us is special. Thank you for your recommendation of the best ways to take advantage of the Fairmont Gold Lounge, we certainly agree that a drink in front of the fire place is always a nice way to relax and unwind from your day. We’re sure that our other guests will appreciate the time you took to share your detailed experience. Thank you, and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I can't wait to go back to the Fairmont Batter Wharf! Having stayed at numerous hotels during sorority conferences, I have had a range of experiences, but I can attest to the quality service that I was given. The staff was extremely courteous, they bent over backwards to ensure that my stay was pleasant. The rooms were absolutely amazing! Had I not had a meetings, I would definitely have stayed in bed all day! Anyone looking for comfort, great service, and warm, friendly hosts, please make sure you make your way to the Fairmont Battery Wharf!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank T S
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I was personally walked to my room by the check in clerk - a first for me. Room is a decent size for Boston and included a 42" LCD TV with true HD service and satellite radio. Even had a repeater speaker in the bathroom! Dinner at the hotel was delicious and was a good value with the 50% off coupon I was given at the front desk. I got back from dinner and turndown service had lowered the lights, changed the towels, and put on jazz music on the satellite radio. Bed was amazingly comfortable. If people were staying in the rooms next to me I had no idea thanks to the great insulation between the rooms. Lots of little extras like a phone that looked like a computer, an espresso machine, old school coffee peculator, automatic lights in the closet, and a nice sound system and media player hooked up to the TV. I had the cheapest available room and still had a halfway decent view of the water. Room felt very secure thanks to card-key-only access to the building and the elevators. My only complaint was that the valet staff drove guests' cars a little hard (OK that's an understatement, he was beating the snot out of them) but when I brought it to the attention of the hotel manager he assured me it would be taken care of. Absolutely would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MattBart3975
Jana_Baseel, Fairmont Battery Wharf, Marketing Coordinator at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Your review describes our desire at Fairmont Battery Wharf to make sure each and every one of our guests has a wonderful experience. Our commitment to providing exceptional service and luxurious amenities for a comfortable stay is important and we appreciate your feedback. It is however unsettling to hear about your experience with Valet. We value that you brought your concerns to the attention to our hotel management during your stay, however we will be sure to follow up with the Operations team on our end, as well. We hope you find a reason to visit us soon, as it would always be our pleasure to host your stay. Thank you.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

I actually stayed at this hotel in the summer over the July 4th weekend but forgot to review it until now. I honestly can't say anything bad about this hotel, I enjoyed my stay there immensely. I had no issues with the staff who were all friendly and the view from my room which looked out on to water was breathtaking in the day but also to see the lights at night. I really enjoyed my time in Boston and this hotel was gorgeous and super clean (the two things I always look for in hotels). We debated between the Copley Plaza Fairmont and the Battery Wharf and I'm glad we chose Battery Wharf, for the views and it seemed closer to a lot of the Boston attractions (Paul Revere, Mike's Pastry, Faneuil Market, Beacon Hill) and the heritage core. I would recommend this hotel to any friend who asked where to stay in Boston. I had a lovely time and when I left on July 4th there was a ship in the harbour firing cannons (blanks of course ;D) which was fantastic and I watched from my room window. I liked the water taxi directly from the hotel to Logan airport too. I don't think there is a city like Boston anywhere in the world, and I was completely enchanted by the city and this hotel.

Room Tip: There are two parts of the hotel, the main part where the lobby is and the private apartments and ho...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank picky_travellin
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This hotel is beautiful. I stayed here in the Fall for my sorority's conference and it was just a beautiful hotel and a good price for the luxury.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Bee R
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We love, love, love this wonderful hotel. If you want to be treated like a special guest from the moment you arrive, with lovely details like slippers and soft fluffy robes on your bed, music playing softly when you come into your room, beautiful furnishings , incredibly friendly and attentive service from everyone in the hotel, then this is the place for you to stay. It always exceeds our expectations when we stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank petarandreev

Being considered one of the bests hotels you've stayed at is an incredible compliment. Ensuring that our guests are treated with friendly and attentive service is our commitment and we are so pleased that our service and hotel amenities surpassed your expectations. Thank you for your kind words and we hope to have the pleasure of hosting your stay in Boston again soon.