“Wonderful environment”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Wonderful environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

I love hotels that seem like home rather than a hotel. This fits this category if you stay in the "gold" or signature area of the hotel. It is a dedicated building where you can get a cup of coffee etc all day long. If it is nice weather you can sit outside on the terrace by the water. The concierge's are amazingly knowlegdable and go out of their way to make reservations, give you maps etc. I call before I even get there and they have everything waiting for me in my room.

The rooms are brand new with flat screen TV's and all the amenities are high end.

There is a restaurant in the main part of the hotel and that is the only drawback - I found the menu limited and very pricey.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

Great staff, great rooms, nice view and good food. We stayed for four nights and had a wonderful experience. The staff is friendly and attentive, the food was excellent and the room had all the amenities we wanted and more. (for example: There was a system to hook up our notebook to the TV and we watched some Hulu TV that way.) The view of Boston Harbor provides a nice scenery with sail boats and big ocean ships passing by all the time. It is a 10 minute walk to the metro system, but very easy to reach from the airport by water taxi (recommended, as it is entertainment in itself!) The internet is free if you are a President's Club Member and you can sign up at the check-in. (otherwise it is $15.95, the President's Club is free.)

Room Tip: If you can, get a room with a view of the water!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times but I think it is finally time to give up. My most recent stays were two weekends on either side of a week long vacation. The night on the front of the stay was fine-no problems. The night at the end of the stay was terrible. First they just can't get the front of the house right and after meeting one of the "managers" this is not a surprise. I was traveling with my elderly (but with it) mother. Upon arrival-no help out front with bags (in the pouring rain). Ck in and get to room. Mother is diabetic so need fridge to store meds. Fridge totally empty. Call front desk to have it stocked-this takes two hours and 4 phone calls. However get back to room after dinner and fridge not working-not cold at all. Issue never gets resolved. Have early flight in the morning so use the express breakfast card to order so mother can have something to eat before we leave-card has spot to pick time for delivery. Pick the 6:15am to 6:30am slot. 6:35am no food. Call the front desk and told that the delivery person (only one???) does not get in until 6:30-was late but will start delivery. Why do you offer a 6:15-6:30 time when the person is not there to deliver. 6:50am-no food and have to head to airport. Go to desk to check out and again explain how poor this stay has been. No help from desk person so ask for card so I can contact the manager. Love this part-desk person yells to back office "Megan can I have one of your cards" . Megan yells "sure" does not ask why, can she be of service-NOTHING. Just says do you want the directors card? and gives me that. Great manager! These are not new problems with this hotel. I have been staying at this hotel since it re-opened and they keep breaking my heart. Love the location etc but it is time to find another favorite and there are plenty to choose from in Boston. This is not an inexpensive place to stay and they just do not live up to their pricing. One plus is the new restaurant is outstanding and the Exhale Spa is wonderful. Both can be used without being a guest of the hotel.

Room Tip: For the price-stay somewhere with better service.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank houseelfdobby
FairmontBWB, Manager at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Dear houseelfdobby,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your feed back to us and apologize for falling short of your expectations. It is very important to us to find out especially when issues arose so we can understand them, and more importantly work on resolving them.
You pointed out clear miscommunication within our team and we are looking into it. As you would expect, we do provide help with luggage and obviously have a system in place to deliver In Room Dining on time and I am really sorry this process did not occur with you, and I apologize for our shortcomings. While we cannot go back on your experience I can assure you your notes are being shared so we can grow and be a better team.

I would be happy to further discuss your stay and see that you feel confident we are using your feed back properly and appease your frustration. Let me know of a way to reach you at if it is something you would like please.

I sincerely hope this experience will not deter you from trying us again in the future and look forward to helping you with your travel arrangements,

Regards,

Kristen Stabile
Director of Front Office
Ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

I recently stayed at the Fairmont Battery Wharf for two nights, midweek, in April. Our room was a partial harborview room, on the first floor. The rooms are new, modern, with extremely comfortable beds, beautiful bathroom and have a Nescafe machine, stocked with different types of espresso -- a very nice touch.There is a table in the room, with two chairs--a perfect place to work. The staff was courteous, friendly and extremely helpful, something you don't always see in a city hotel. The location was fabulous, very close to the North End, Fanueil Hall but a good walk from downtown. Parking was expensive but convenient because of the valet. We loved walking around the area and found it a perfect spot while staying in Boston. I would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Harborview, second floor
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

Check in was very efficient and we were quickly allocated a room on the second floor of the separate block opposite the main building. The room had a side water view of the
wharf, was quite modern in style, was roomy and had a very comfortable bed.
We had booked on the Fairmont website and took the package which included
breakfast which turned out to be a good move as on all 3 mornings we had an
excellent breakfast with good service.
We ate dinner in the bar area on our first night and this was also good with the staff
being helpful and friendly. On our last evening we did intend to eat in the
restaurant but it was closed to residents for a party the hotel was throwing so we ventured
out in the rain to find somewhere. However, the location of the hotel meant that we
didnt have to go very far to get a good meal as both the Italian quarter and the
marketplace area are nearby.
The big drawback for us was the location of our room (4217) as it was opposite a room
used by hotel staff on a very regular basis and the door was allowed to slam every
few minutes for hours on end. Once this stopped we realised it was also the room nearest to the lift so we had to endure hearing it stop each time it was used and also the noise from the people going to their rooms along the corridor. It proved to be less than
restful and we were glad we were only staying 3 nights.

Room Tip: avoid room 4217
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank fergus7edinburgh
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

I travel a lot for both business and pleasure. I don't limit myself to Fairmont Hotels, but I have stayed in several of them. But the Battery Wharf is quite different than any other of the Fairmont's I have ever stayed in. Most Fairmont's are old-school and elegant. This one was more modern and trendy. The rainshower is DIVINE. The amenities are well thought-out and the concierge is always attentive and ready to assist. The view of the harbour is very peaceful and the location is perfect walking distance to all of Boston, the Boston Common, Faneuil Hall, the famous North End, etc... We stayed for 3 nights and didn't take our car out once. Not only would I recommend this hotel, I think that I would come back to Boston just to stay here again!

Room Tip: High levels have great views of harbour
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OneThird
FairmontBWB, Manager at Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
Dear OneThird,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Fairmont Battery Wharf! We are so glad that you enjoyed our location. We are just close enough to experience all that Boston has to offer and then a few short steps and you forget you are in a city at all! We hope the weather was warm enough to sit on the terrace of our new restaurant Aragosta. With the summer ahead we are looking forward to many relaxing nights on the terrace looking out on to the harbor!

Thank you again for telling us about your stay, we love to read all feedback and comments from our guests!

Regards,

Kristen Stabile
Director of Front Office
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

I have just returned home from Boston after spending 5 nights at the Fairmont Battery Wharf - What can I say - I didn't want to leave. This year I stayed in the Gold Building and it is definitely worth the extra $$ -= The care and attention you receive is simply over the top. It includes the common lounge area which is on the main level and brightly lit. Breakfast is so good as well the evening nibblies reaches far beyond anyones expectations - . The gym/spa is right there although I never used it. Last week they just opened their new restaurant in the main building - it needed a change from Sensing - and the menu is to die for. I ate there one night and had a hard time deciding what to choose, it all looks good and very very generous portions. It has a much better atmosphere and the service is top notch. People have always complained about the price of parking at hotels- but take a look around Boston the fees are crazy not just at the Battery Wharf - I didn't rent a car. The T is close by - a Charlie Card is a must and I liked taking the Aquarium stop because you walk along the wharf. You are also close the the Italian neighbourhood great restaurants and if you take in a hockey or basketball game it's a quick 10 minute walk in the other direction. It's Boston's best kept secret the Fairmont Battery Wharf, I'll be back next year - I can't wait !

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo