“FAVORITE Boston Bar” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Boston, Massachusetts
“FAVORITE Boston Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Even though the service here isn't fast, the drinks and atmosphere make it totally worth it. This is my favorite place to go i the city - and I've been here for almost 10 years!

• Visited April 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great service, great cocktails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Drink is a fantastic bar with wonderful cocktail waiters who are tremendously knowledgeable. It's a great place to go if you want to discover new cocktails.

Just a few warnings - it gets incredibly busy so you will probably have to wait in line if you go after 5 p.m. at the weekend. Also each cocktail is $12.50.

• Visited April 2013
“Best Cocktail in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great atmosphere, excellent bartenders! He just made up a drink for me and it was out of this world!

Visited March 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pretentious, Smelly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I'm not a local, but was visiting on business. I met a friend here as I was told it was "the place to go." Walking in, the hostess told us we "could stand." It was a bit awkward and snowy to leave, so we stayed. We were not super familiar with the no drink menu, order what you feel like concept, and this was definitely in no way explained - we were told "no menus" quite condescendingly. We ordered classic cocktails, which were well done! But took a very, very long time. Additionally, this place had a FUNKY odor. I've worked in bars in college, and the smell was distinctly like rotting bar fruit. The entire bar should never smell like this. If it hadn't been snowing, I would have left much sooner. If I lived in Boston I would skip this place and head on down to Lucky's just down the street. This place WILL be awesome, but probably after its had its heyday as a hotspot and can focus on making smart cocktails for a smaller, more refined crowd.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank tempranill0
Rienzi, Mississippi
“Interesting but not my favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I enjoy a good drink, and the friendly and efficient bartender made me a few. They were all really great in quality. Quantity left a lot to be desired. Atmosphere was nice, but it just wasn't "my kind of place." When I left, I was a little depressed. I had spent a lot of money and had not had that great of a time.

• Visited August 2012