“Luxurious feel”

Clarendon Square Inn
Ranked #2 of 37 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of July and loved it. Everything was spotless and well-maintained. Maya was on top of everything. Great recommendations and decadent snacks left in entrance in late afternoon for guests. Bed sheets/duvet were ultra-comfortable. Upscale furnishings in spacious room with private patio. Just a great b&b in residential South End.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
clarendonsquare, Owner at Clarendon Square Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Ottowaguys8 We are thrilled that you enjoyed the high style and quality of our property and service! The Garden Suite with private patio is so special at this time of year and we are glad you were able to enjoy it! Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our manager, Maia. All of our staff are experienced with the local sights and dining and are thrilled to help you find the perfect activity or restaurant choice.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The room was clean, furnishings high-end, management helpful and welcoming, house keeper friendly and thorough. This was our first stay in a bed and breakfast. We felt it would be a safe stay since it was also considered a boutique hotel. It felt like both. It felt private although you shared the kitchen in the morning with other guests. It felt like a small, personable, highly appointed hotel. We were told we could store our luggage when we arrived prior to check-in and given a map and tips for travel immediately.

Communication with the proprietors about check-in questions and other information we were curious about were met with fast response time. We did not have the pleasure of meeting them but they were still very helpful and we got a CLEAR sense of the time, effort and attention they put in to make this Inn what it is to it's guests-warm, intimate, welcoming and relaxing.

We did not experience any problems during our stay, however, if we would have I have no doubt it would be taken care of efficiently and promptly. They seem to care that much about their guests level of satisfaction. We appreciated all of it and enjoyed our stay very much! Had a WONDERFUL trip to Boston that was undoubtedly made even better and more personable because of our choice to stay at Clarendon Square. We felt like locals.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower level room if stairs are a problem for you. If not, a higher level makes it nice to...
1  Thank BerBell
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was having 5 days of vacations in Boston during July 2013. I chosed to stay at the Clarendon Square because of the great reviews in Trip Advisor and I didn´t went wrong. The place is amazing, very stylish decorated, perfectly clean, amazing hospitality (thank you Bobby for all the recommendations and so detail map which was my companion these days) and delicious European breakfast each morning.

It feels like home. The neighborhood is wonderful. You can walk at night to the restaurants at Tremont St. or Columbus St. Also, if you are a walking person, you are walking distance of many places to enjoy: Newbury St., Copley Place, Sowa, the Charles river, Public Library, and more and more.

I would love to be back for another summer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ari7014
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Thanks to Stephen, Maya, Bobby and Winny for making our stay at Clarendon Square memorable. The unique atmosphere the beautifully decorated rooms and the nice and quiet location make us want to return. Did we mention the roof terrasse? And the hot tub? Have a glass of wine and enjoy the Boston skyline by night.

2  Thank Tonekb
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I's first trip here was in December of 2011 right after our wedding for our honeymoon. We stayed in the luxury suite then. It by far exceeded our expectations! The room was beautiful, the staff beyond welcoming and helpful! We have since been back 2-3 times. Each and every trip has been wonderful. Although we have never stayed anywhere else in Boston, I think my husband and I would agree that we wouldn't want to stay anywhere else! Getting to know the staff, and their welcoming attitudes has made the B&B so much more enjoyable!

Five stars for sure!

1  Thank Allison12311

Dear Allison1231 - Thank you for Choosing Clarendon Square for an occasion as special as your honeymoon! We are thrilled to see you come back to us and to know that we still create fond memories for you and your husband. It is so lovely to catch up with previous guests and continue to bring smiles to their faces! Our luxury suite is certainly an amazing room and we wish everyone could enjoy it! I am sure I can say "see you next year".

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was a great find. It exceeded my expectations, and made a visit to Boston even better. The place is gorgeous first of all. It feels like the home of some rich guy, which it is/was. Our room was really lush and comfortable. The breakfast is continental, but to European standards, not American....meaning not just a muffin and cereal. All the bake goods are delicious. The staff was very nice, helpful, and interesting. I'd love to go back some day.

1  Thank GayTravelGuyDC
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This place is by far the best B&B I have ever stayed in. I have stayed in B&B's all over the U.S. and all though I have stayed in really nice ones none of them can compare to this one. The great experience started with the wonderful Misty who helped me on the phone and then answered my 1000 questions about Boston when I got there, the amazing rooftop views with jacuzzi, to the beutiful enterior of this amazing brownstone. I hate to really tell you about this great place as it might be full the next time I decide to visit Boston but it is in a word "Awesome" whether you are alone or with a family, male or female, gay or straight, or even if you are a cyclops.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent. If you want total privacy ask for the basement, it has a private lit...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
clarendonsquare, Owner at Clarendon Square Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Allen, Wow! Thank you for the complement and for sharing your experience at our property. Personally I am honored that you put Clarendon Square at the top of your well traveled B&B list. We strive to present the professionalism of any 5 star hotel with the intimacy that you can only find in a smaller property. Misty is a gem, and I am glad she helped you find all best places in Boston. This little bit of local knowledge can make all the difference. It is absolutely our pleasure to help! Alas, we have not yet hosted a Cyclops, but feel free to let the word out, we do welcome all to our property. Safe travels, Stephen Gross - Proprietor