“The Concept Works!”

Ranked #54 of 83 Hotels in Boston
california
“The Concept Works!”
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We just returned from 4 nights at the Inn. We visit Boston twice a year for 3 or 4 days and generally stay at large traditional hotels such as Nine Zero or the Liberty, both very nice. We were looking for something different this time and we found it in the Inn. It is conceived more like an extended stay boutique apartment with a tasteful modern aesthetic I personally find appealing. If you are looking for the welcoming bellman and posh lobby, this is not the place. Instead, it offers seamless service, keyless entries and well stocked kitchenettes. You could visit and be left alone by staff, (which I like), however when you do interact, they are friendly, professional and courteous. They have it figured out with their instruction manual on "how to", anticipating typical traveler questions. If you are looking to not be bugged, good value, good design, nice people, and a great location, this is the place. The concept works...if they could only squeeze in a king bed! I highly recommend The Inn to the sophisticated stylish traveler.

• Stayed April 2010
innatstbtolph, Manager at The Inn At St Botolph, responded to this review, April 21, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words! We so appreciate guests taking the time out of their busy schedules to share their thoughts with us and others. Your observations and experiences are exactly what we strive for - we couldn’t have said it better ourselves!

Our staff works very hard to make certain every guest receives the level of interaction they desire. Our keyless entry eliminates all the hassles associated with the check-in and check-out process at other hotels. Arriving here is as easy as arriving home, and everything from our décor to our services are meant to make anyone feel like that’s exactly where they are. I am proud to be part of a team that truly cares about each and every guest and we are committed to continually raising our level of excellence.

We also understand that sometimes all a guest needs is to be left in peace, which is why we endeavor to anticipate every possible need before you arrive. Our in-room directory provides a wealth of useful information. Guests can relax knowing that not only is their suite equipped everything they might want, but that our staff is waiting patiently in the wings until they are needed.

We invite everyone who has not yet visited the Inn @ St. Botolph to come and experience a truly unique approach to hospitality. Oh, and about that king sized bed? That idea has possibilities....stay tuned!

Thank you!

Michael Farrar
Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
cape cod
Reviewed March 30, 2010

great location...spacious suites...very private..enjoyed my stay immensely!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
San Francisco
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I searched high and low for just the right place to celebrate my birthday weekend in Boston and the Inn was just perfect! The location was amazing- one block from the shopping center that hosts ton of great shops and restaurants and a short walk to Newberry Street. The staff that works at the Inn were exceptionally nice and very accommodating! We rented two rooms, the suite on the 4th floor and the one room that is below ground (room 100). Both rooms were very modern and clean. The only downside to the room was the second bedroom had small curved ceiling (good for a kids room and sky lights - due to the weather it proved to be very loud with the rain but the other bedroom in the suite was great! Our flat screen tv's did not work our entire 4 day stay but didn't bother me. The room below ground was extremely quite and perfect for a good nights rest. The Inn is set up like an apartment as apposed to a full service hotel which was a huge plus in my book! All of us who stayed loved the place and the over-all experience we got. I can say we would ALL go back there!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Connecticut
Reviewed March 19, 2010

The Inn At St. Botolph was nothing less than exceptional, and in a great location to explore the city as it is right around the corner from the Prudential Center. Upon our early arrival we were still able to check in, and if for some reason the room wasn't ready they were more than helpful to store our bags for us. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Inn at St. Botolph was different from other Inns I have stayed in as you check yourself in with the given code upon reserving your room. This was a very different process from what we are used to, but worked out very well and the staff was still available if needed.

I could tell that this staff pays very close attention to detail, and the room was exceptionally clean as well. The bed was 'oh-so-comfy' and the high quality robes hanging in the room were a very nice touch to put on after showering. All the furniture and accessories in the room are top of the line, but the hotel did not seem pretentious in any way. As previously mentioned, the Inn is right around the corner from the Prudential Center, and was very convenient to accomplish many different types of activities we had planned.
I would definitely recommend the Inn At St. Botolph to others, and would stay there again for any other Boston trips in the future!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2010

My first trip to the USA; I picked this 16 room Inn from the TripAdvisor recommendations, and I was not disappointed. The only problem I had was parking the rental car, but the Prudential building one block away (2 minutes) had plenty of safe parking at $39 per day. Very close to the 'T' station on the green line, and in the Back Bay area - walkable to Copley Square and as far as Boston Common. The Prudential building had good shopping malls with numerous restaurants; there is a 7 Eleven store opposite the hotel and Shaw's is 5 minutes away. With the studio room having its own kitchenette (fridge/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, toaster oven, two ring electric hob and even a waste disposer), one could have cooked if one wanted - and great for snacks etc. A basic breakfast is available downstairs in the small lounge from 7 to 11am, with a large-screen Apple for internet access; hot coffee, cold juice & yogurt, toasted muffins and bagels set you up for the day. Tom the manager couldn't have been more helpful and friendly - his staff are on duty until 10pm in the office, and available later by telephone. One (small) minus - the hotel opened in the fall of 2008 after a major refit, but is an characterful 'brownstone' building with wood floors; it's a matter of showing consideration for the other HOUSE guests, for that is what we were - the room is serviced when required, but will be left for up to 8 days if not required - perfect for that late sleep-in after traveling! Air conditioning kept us warm, but fresh air was also good in the quiet neighborhood. A first-class experience of US hospitality and a 'boutique' hotel! Thanks, Tom; you made our stay great. We'll be back real soon!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed March 12, 2010

Let me start by saying that Boston is wonderful! If you've never been, you must go and do the Freedom Trail. The sights and culture, yes I said CULTURE, really do take you back in time.

You MUST also stay at St Botolph's! There are a few of the larger chain Hotels nearby, which would offer...more of the same. However, at Botolph's it is something special.

My Wife and I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite, which was very well appointed and spacious. The interior design is, for lack of a better description, an Ultra Modern Bed and Breakfast.

Speaking of Breakfast; the morning coffee from a machine that is 1 part Buck Rogers and 1 part Juan Valdez was superb and the juice, muffins, fruits and other goodies really hit the spot before we could go off and find a nice place for lunch.

The fireplace even has a remote control; a nice addition to your leisure.

Trust me, this is one of the hidden gems of Boston.

The only improvement I'd offer would be to upgrade the bathrooms. Not that they're bad...but just didn't seem to receive the same level of design the rest of the rooms did.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
Reviewed March 4, 2010

My friend told me about the Inn @St. Botolph and recomended us to stay there when I went to Boston. The place is beautiful, the service is first quality and the fireplace was just right. The location is superb because even if it's located in one of the busiest areas in Boston ( Back Bay), the St. Botolph St. is calm and pretty with all the brick stone houses. Walking distance for two malls, bars, restaurants, everything!!!!!I am writing this review because I think the place deserves this comment but I would rather to shut my mouth to keep the place as a hidden secret!

• Stayed February 2010