“Good, but expensive” 3 of 5 bubbles

Boston Ghosts and Gravestones Tour
Ranked #30 of 138 Tours in Boston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: In a city nearly 400 years old - troubled with war, murderers, strife and the occasional bout of stray molasses, it's hardly any wonder that Boston remains one of the most haunted cities in America. Join us aboard Ghosts & Gravestones and explore Boston’s most chilling haunted places, famous murder sites and spend time with the dead as your tour includes exclusive nighttime access into two of Boston’s oldest burying grounds.
Nyack, New York, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good, but expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was a fun and entertaining tour, but I thought the price was inflated. I think a price of $20 for adults and $15 for students would be fair. The "cast" was friendly, and a lot of fun -- good storytelling. An especially fun thing to do around Halloween with teenagers who balk at other historical, educational activities. The graveyards were really eerie and creepy after dark. I would have appreciated some info about what to do if and when nature calls, since that became an issue for some of us!

Visited October 2012
Steven J, Manager at Ghosts & Gravestones, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thanks Jennifer for your response. We're glad you had a good time...

Our prices reflect the realities of running a Ghost Tour which involves a moving vehicle (allowing us to travel farther and cover more sites), making a $4 donation to the burial grounds, and paying our driver, gravedigger, and graveyard guide the wage they deserve. We work hard to find the right balance for a fair price.

Thanks for your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed yourself.

Boston, Massachusetts
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Fun and Informative-the cast makes this worth your while!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

In this day and age of electronic everything and instant gratficataion, this riding/walking tour is not only refreshing, but well done, funny, interesting and historically accurate. Having lived in New England for almost our whole lives, we learned things that we never knew and enjoyed orselves immensely!

Our whole family went and we brought along friends and to a person enjoyed ourselves immensely! "MERCY" was our toru guide and she was incredibly entertaining and kept a full tour entertained.

Especially at this time of year, get your tickets early and it's especially fun and spooky, but would be fun anytime of the year that they're open. This time of year, dress warmly and have good walking shoes as they do a small bit of walking here and there and up and down some streets.

On the minor down side, when we visited The Granary Burial Ground, we couldn't hear the "ghost" very well due to the traffic noise on Tremont Street, but maybe thats not always a problem. You might also want to bring a small flashlite as the walkways in the cemetarys are not well lit.

Bring your cameras as they love you to take photos and even part of your ticket cost goes to the cemetary's upkeep. These types of attractions often normally ask for tips but we rarely give tips unless they are well-deserved. AND we didn't hesitate to leave a generous tip. We had a great time and would go again! As always the actors/actresses make this or break this and MERCY and company made this for us! THANK YOU!

1 Thank Ambrose L
Steven J, Manager at Ghosts & Gravestones, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thanks for this excellent review! I will let Mercy know you had a great time. We work hard to make sure our tour is accurate and that everyone has the best time possible. Thanks again for your review!
Orlando, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun, fun, fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Have been to this one twice now and it is always a lot of fun...it is worth it! Good for families in general...the ghosts are awesome and they do a great job telling us about Boston facts and history...it is a GO all the way!

Visited September 2012
Arlington, Virginia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Awesome tour - good times!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was approached by Lily Winters and another gentleman with an offer to take the tour and they were so convincing that me and my girlfriend ended up not going to the concert that we had planned to attend that evening. And we had no regrets! Our guide was hysterically funny and I loved all the historic anecdotes that he shared. I think I could not stop laughing for the whole evening. I learned several curious factoids about Boston that I would probably have never come across otherwise. I sent my friends from Rhode Island to check this tour out and the whole family enjoyed it as well.

Visited June 2012
Norwalk
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Well done”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

The guide was very informative and entertaining. Loved it, will be back my next visit. When I took a picture in the Granary Graveyard something very interesting developed! Something I will never forget!

Visited October 2012

Been to Ghosts & Gravestones? Share your experiences!