“Top shelf North End restaurant, a memorable meal!”
Review of Nico

Nico
Reserve with OpenTable
Nico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 3,243 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Gloucester, Massachusetts, United States
“Top shelf North End restaurant, a memorable meal!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

It had been a few years since my wife and I ventured over to the North End. A couple Sundays ago we decided to cash in our Bloomspot offer (our first time using Bloomspot). Even though it was not a special occasion, I was hoping for an excellent meal. That's exactly what we got! Our hostess greated us promptly and sat us at our reserved table. Our waiter promptly came over and took care of us. Our appetizer special of artichoke, tomato, fresh mozzarella, balsamic and greens was amazing, bread (wish it was warm) and dipping oil was great, caesar salad amazing taste, wife's lobster ravioli was excellent and my veal parm with neat curly pasta couldn't have been better! I included a picture of the salad, appetizer, and candle present on table (a must).......not all restaurants have candles. My wife's drink was spot on and my soda also good (they do not charge for refills). Our waiter took such great care of us throughout our visit - somehow he managed to give us impeccable service/attention without being annoying. All our food was timed perfectly and we walked out of there very happy campers! Our bill without Bloomspot discount was just short of $100. This is what we expected and after the food and service we received, we would have no problem returning! Again - highly recommended!

Parking note: This restaurant is on the Commercial Street end of Hanover Street, so I recommend parking at one of the $14-$16 lots nearby on Commercial. We parked at a parking garage on the Quincy Market end and it cost us $35 for just a few hours - we learned the hard way.

• Visited March 2013

League City, Texas
“Wonderful food - make a reservation”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had read the reviews on TripAdvisor and decided to try it. There was an 1 1/2 hour wait so we looked around the area. Once we finally got a seat, it was well worth the wait! The lobster crepes were amazing!!! It is a small place, so if you are interested in eating here, make a reservation.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Rita H H
Watertown, NY
“Dessert and Wine”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stumbled upon Nico after a long stroll of Boston. Everyone was very welcoming, enjoyed watching the Bruins victory at the bar with a glass of wine and delish dessert.

Visited March 2013
Boston
“Good Food, Bad Greeting”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a 6:00 pm Sat. night reservation, which the restaurant responsibly verified around 12:30 the same day. I was feeling pretty positive. However when we arrived we were eventually greeted by an incredibly vacant hostess who asked us to wait, okay, we waited for about 15 minutes.

Our waiter then greeted us but when we failed to take him up on his offer to have a drink he noticeably chilled. He never told us what the specials were, a disappointment, we overheard them being offered to other tables after we ordered.

We ordered the seabass which was very good, the center was a little raw but the piece was so large I was full. My husband had the pasta with clams and there were a of of clams. I alos had the arugula salad which was a good sized portion but the pomegranate dressing did not taste fresh, I suspect it was a bottle.

If you go you do NOT want to be seated downstairs. The restaurant is very small and crowded but the food is good and a little overpriced.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank sdlanza
“excellent food ....”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

One of my favorite places in the North End
Great wine list and martinis..I had the seafood special and it was fantastic....