“I could live here!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Punta Arenas, Costa Rica
“I could live here!”
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I am from the Boston area and now live out of the country. Whenever I am in transit to visit family and need a layover in Boston my husband and I always stay here for a night to ourselves and a little pampering. The rooms are beyond comfortable and the balconies overlooking Fan. Hall are so charming. The staff is beyond helpful and the food is delicious. It is one of the rare places we have had room service that is table fresh. Everything about the hotel is luxurious but at a very reasonable rate. Cant wait to visit again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SandpiperCR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Enfield, Connecticut
Reviewed February 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our 5 year wedding anniversary. The hotel was fabulous, rooms very large and spacious. Bed very comfortable. Location is GREAT! Except when the bars get out then the location is not so great. We were on the 2nd floor on the street side and the noise was ridiculous. It at times seemed as if the people were right in our room talking/screaming/yelling.

We would stay here again in a heart beat but would request a higher floor off the street side.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ejbauch
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I stayed at the Millenium twice in 2010 on business and loved it both times. Location (near Faneuil Hall and some wonderful restaurants) is a plus. Rooms are not huge, but are well-appointed. Staff is very solicitous, from the valets (who opened the door for me - and everyone else - every single time we went in or out) to the front desk (who searched high and low for the appropriate cell phone charger) to room service, housekeeping and restaurant wait staff.
Management has developed a very friendly and service-oriented culture at the Millenium.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank This_too_shall_pass
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Though this was a rather pretty hotel, with plush beds and modern baths, there was serious oversight with the staff.

When I checked in I was given a key to a room that was still occupied. I do not mean that house keeping had yet to come, I mean that the previous guest had yet to vacate. I do not understand how this happened, and my questions through the hotel's website go unanswered.

I was honestly uneasy staying there. If they could so easily issue me a key to another guest's room what was stopping them from giving the key to my room away. I expect such antics from a hostel, not from a well appointed hotel. I also expect management to respond to such serious issues.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Nice location - close to airport and most downtown locations. Rooms are spacious and comfortable (I got an upgrade).

The wifi connection is chargeable - not on a per room but PER DEVICE basis, which I find ridiculous in this day and age of multiple devices.

Probably ok for leisure traveller but no bargain at all for business types.

P.S. what's with the canned replies, Dominique? A little quick with the cut-and-paste?

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Wonderful stay! This was our second time staying at the Millenium Bostonian, the first being 7 years ago. The hotel has done significant renovations and everything was different, but still great. We told the concierge it was our anniversary and not only received a nice upgrade, but they also sent up a bottle of champagne, flowers and sweets!! Very nice surprise! We will definitely stay here again. Only downside....we checked in early (4 hours) and were charged an additional $12 for parking. I wasn't shocked, but I had asked how much the parking was and wasn't told there would be an additional charge. The room upgrade, the champagne, etc. more than made up for it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Beacon, New York
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Beautiful hotel in the heart of the city. We were greeted by a very friendly and efficient staff and were promptly taken to our very clean and modern room. Beds are supper comfortabe and after a day of sight seeing it was nice to come back and relax. The only down side to this hotel are the vegetable vendors outside but once inside the hotel all that disappears and the serene beauty of the hotel takes over. Will stay there again..

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple