“Great location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Beaufort, SC
“Great location”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We spent 4 nights at the Millennium Bostonian. We chose it because of the location and we were not disappointed. Our room (409) overlooked Quincy Market. The layout of the room was great for us as we had our 12 year old grandson with us. The bathroom was large and well separated from the sleeping part of the room which afforded privacy for everyone. Service was very good. Dave at the front desk was especially helpful. The only negative was the street noise - emergency vehicles going down the street in the middle of the night. Perhaps a room on the other side of the hotel would have been quieter. In spite of this, we would definitely stay there again because of the location and price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank liveoak33
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review on Millennium Bostonian Hotel and we are grateful for your visit.

For those guests less accustomed to city life, we do recommend a higher floor and/or a north side view to avoid the occasional sound of emergency vehicles. Our team of front office professionals can accommodate requests with or without advance notice.

We look forward to your return and please call on me to select your room personally.

Again, thank you,

rrivers@mill-usa.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Loved our stay in this hotel - we read some reviews about not staying near ground floors or on the Hard Rock Cafe side as it gets noisy - it was a bit noisy but the noise didn't bother us - they seem to switch things off around 10pm anyway. The room was lovely and spacious - the service wAs great. The restaurant makes amazing pasta! All in all a lovely stay and I would definitely go back!
(Ps if you're ever in town for the Boston marathon, the hotel set out treats on race morning as well as offered free massages after the race - very thoughtful. Also it is located very close to the pasta party venue (city hall is 400ft away) and the bag drop and bus pick up)

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Hard Rock Cafe side
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Marathoner,

Congratulations on the 118th running of the Boston Marathon and it was a pleasure to host runners from around the globe!

Our team of professionals, and dedicated runners, were challenged to plan amenities that would appeal specifically to runners and we are elated to hear the recognition as a a result. Millennium Bostonian has been hosting runners for nearly 40 years and we will continue to enhance the experience in future years.

Please call me direct in 2015 so that we can reserve your accommodations for the 119th running!

Happy 26.2,

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during the Boston Marathon weekend and Monday. The staff (everyone from the parking attendants to the front desk staff) is very helpful and accommodating. My king size bed was very comfortable and I had my choice of pillows varying from firm to soft. The location of this hotel is great, right beside Quincy Market. The hotel is near some very nice restaurants like Hard Rock Cafe and Bertucci's and McCormick and Schmick. This hotel is also within easy walking distance to Boston Commons and Boylston Street. I highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Boston.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Contributor,

We value your comments and appreciate you taking time from your busy schedule to recall you visit and service experience.

Our team is committed to enhancing the guest experience, whatever the purpose of their visit to Boston, and insuring that both product and service are achieved at the same Four Diamond status. Every member of our staff is eager to assist and their knowledge of all that is Boston is astounding.

We hope that your travel plans in the future, and the 119th running of the Boston Marathon, will allow us the opportunity to again host your visit.

Best wishes,

Falmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is my favorite place to stay in Boston. Great location with a balcony overlooking Quincy Market. My girlfriend and I have stayed here on multiple occasions and loved it every time. Very entertaining people-watching when you are pre-gaming in the room. Everything is close by so you can walk or take a bike taxi. I will always pay a little extra to stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Repeat Visitor,

Thank you for your loyalty to Millennium Bostonian Hotel when visiting Boston and we look forward to your return!

Location is essential whether on business or leisure, and we realize that service is a critical component to create a total package for a fine hotel. This continues to be the mantra of our team and consistency is why this hotel has nearly half of it's guests as repeat.

Please let me know of your next visit and I would be happy to offer a Suite upgrade as a gift from the hotel. Were you aware of our Fireplace Suites? And, hotel staff will light the fireplace on your behalf.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future,

Chicopee, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This is the best hotel in Boston in my opinion. It is in the best location, for the best price, and nicest rooms. I now book here every time I stay in Boston if possible. I have never been disappointed. I have stayed in all rooms - from one with a fireplace, to balcony, to the cheapest room, and I was treated the same and just as pleased every time, and felt it was well worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Local Guest,

Thank you for your return visits and comments on the Bostonian!

Historically we know that over 50% of our leisure guests, on any given weekend, are repeat and we know that our level of service must be consistent. Every member of the hotel staff is committed to recreating a favorable experience and it appears that with your visit our goals are being achieved.

We look forward to your return visits, and if I can ever be of assistance, please call me direct.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a few times for work. Overall, I've been impressed. It has a great location for visiting downtown Boston. Most of the times I have stayed, my room has had a great view of the Quincy Market and downtown. The rooms themselves are great, particularly the bathroom, which has a great shower. The lounge areas are also really trendy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GG1072
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Contributor,

Thank you for again electing to return to Millennium Bostonian Hotel while on business in Boston.

Our team recognizes the importance of every guest with special attention to returning guests as they become familiar. This hotel realizes nearly half of our weekly guests' as repeat clientele and we are very proud of their endorsements.

Please let me know of your next trip to Boston and I would be honored to host a Boston favorite - Sam Adams.

Again, thank you and safe travels,

Ledyard, Connecticut
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Planned a girls get away for the Saturday in March. The hotel was fantastic! The customer service was top notch! Bright beautiful clean room. Just across the street from Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall. We had a handicap room that was very spacious. If I had to find fault it would be the price, very expensive for a 1 night stay. A giant thank you to the staff for making this little get away so wonderful!

Room Tip: some of the rooms have nicer views than others. I believe the hotel was sold out and we heard no voi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Recent Guest,

We were as excited to host your stay as you were to be in Boston! And, we thank you for taking the time to share your experience while a guest.

Millennium Bostonian offers many different views of Boston's skyline, historic landmarks and quaint alleyways and our team attempts to accommodate all requests. So, for a future 'Girls Night Out' please let us know on arrival and we will select a more favorable view.

Again, thank you for your comments and feel free to contact my office direct and I will hand select your accommodation.

With appreciation,