“Mini Boston Vacation ”

Ranked #29 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Mini Boston Vacation ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel on 2/13/14 leaving on 2/17/14! Great location right across from Faneuil Hall. Walking distance from most of the tours attractions in mid Boston! Hotel staff was very friendly. Our room had a balcony with a great view of Faneuil Hall. Room was clean, bathroom was also very clean. Soft pillows good size queen bed. Price per night was a bit high, but location trump the final room rate with tax! Great time in Boston and a fantastic Hotel!

Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Amherst, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Located right at North Market, Faneuil Hall, you can't get any closer, getting into the hotel can be difficult if you're not used to driving in Boston, we had to take a left hand turn against traffic and the foot traffic and the taxis at the lobby entrance made for an interesting arrival. The lobby is very nice and the staff was helpful with a map and walking directions. Our room was on the fifth floor and was beautifully appointed and smelled fresh and clean without any disinfectant odor or perfumed smells.

Be warned: IF YOU ~MOVE~ ANYTHING IN THE MINI BAR: YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR IT! I moved some beer around so that I could keep my leftovers from dinner cold until checking out.... a charge for a can of beer appeared on our bill for $7.49. When we checked out, I apologized for not reading the blatant note located on the mini bar and she removed the charge for us (I think this might happen frequently). She was very pleasant about it and most accommodating.

We had a king sized bed, our room view was of the public market and a parking lot with a view toward the North End. I loved the bathroom walk-in shower, the bath in general was set up nicely with the vanity separate from the toilet and shower. There was only one bathrobe in our room.

The bed was very comfortable, but outside noise or noisy guests sometimes came through the walls which was somewhat unwelcome at 3:00, and then 4:00 in the morning.

Parking is $45.00 per night but you can leave your car in the garage until 2pm (check out is 11:00am) staying later than that there is a $12.00 charge.

We did not eat at the restaurant or go to the bar.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Maybe my stay was during an off-night. Lots of people seem to be having a great experience here, but mine did not resemble everyone else's descriptions.

I initially asked for my room to be moved after I heard the sonorous voice of my neighbor, a fellow business traveler, talking on the phone. His voice was at normal volume, but the thin doors between rooms did not block his noise at all, and he sounded as if he was in the very same room as I was.

Luckily, the concierge changed my room to what is considered a Premium room. The room did have a great view of Fanueil Hall, but I could plainly hear the traffic below-- even though I was on the sixth floor.

After that, I went to take a shower and the floor of the shower was slimy, as if slick with old conditioner and soap scum. To my dismay, I glanced at the wall and saw a huge wad of some stranger's hair sticking to the wall.

Later, I called room service for some tea. I asked which types of decaffeinated teas they have, and the person on the other line could not really specify for me beyond "herbal." I asked what kind of herbal...the answer was, again, herbal. I was really surprised at the lack of effort on his part...after all, I am imagining that it would be as simple as stepping over to the boxes of tea and read them.

All in all, I was really surprised at the poor attention to detail throughout this hotel. I agree that the location is great, but for the price this place should be a more comfortable, cleaner stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank travelinlady2014
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear NY Visitor,

Thank you for your comments and I cannot apologize enough for your less than perfect stay, and as the General Manager it is my responsibility to insure that 'off-nights' do not occur in a Four Diamond hotel.

This experience does not mirror what is a guest experience at Millennium Bostonian Hotel and I will meet with my team today to discuss our shortcomings and lack of service commitment in our Room Service Operation.

Please, let me know of your next visit to Boston as I would be honored to host your next night.

Again, no response can explain your experience however actions can assure it will not be repeated.

617.523.3600
Falmouth, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

My daughter, who is getting married soon,wanted to spend a night in Boston with her friends and myself. Her friends took charge of planning the activities. Once I knew what we would be doing I researched nearby hotels and chose this one. Perfect choice.The staff(valets,concierge,desk staff) were outstanding.The room was immaculate and the bed comfortable.We had a nice view of the city.Best of all, we only had a 5 minute walk to the improv club in the North End that we attended and the restaurant at Faneuil Hall.It would be a short walk to the nearby T station. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mary L
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Centrally located!!!! We had a beautiful.. Breathtaking view! My boyfriend even forgot his Rolex in the safe and they were great enough call us back when they found it (15 min wait) and held it until he could pick it up the next morning. This is the only place I'll stay when I go to Boston!!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank lstentz
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and for posting a review regarding your experience with our team.

The Bostonian has a long standing reputation for it's service commitment which is realized with the longevity of our team members. As well, our associates understand the importance of reputation and repeat guest clientele, and as such they possess the trait of genuine honesty.

We look forward to your return visit and a stay at Boston's only hotel!

Again, thank you,

Rugby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had booked a Superior 2 queen bedroom but the very friendly reception staff upgraded us to a Superior Plus (not sure what the difference would have been – possibly a lesser view).

The room was a nice size and the beds were really comfy. There was your usual amenities – iron, ironing board, hair dryer but no drink making facilities or mini fridge for you to store your own drinks. There was however an in room safe which is ideal.

The sliding glass door that leads into the bathroom from the vanity area was hard work as it was very sticky and did not slide very well so we could only open it wide enough to just get in and out. The bathroom however was a decent size with a walk-in shower which was very spacious and had a decent power shower. We did find though that the water from the sink taps sprayed everywhere no matter how slowly the water came out of the tap!

The very small balcony was literally a foot wide and is just big enough to stand on outside the door and overlook the Boston Skyline (but it was better than looking through a closed window). We were on the 7th floor and had no problem with noise from outside.

Overall, it was quite an expensive hotel (as are most Boston hotels) but for the Central location directly across the road from Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Hard Rock Cafe and right on the Freedom Trail, it was worth the money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mvrag
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed here for a night at the 8th floor. Could still hear the echoes of the music from the clubs nearby even at 1-plus AM, so definitely not a place for light sleepers. Furnishing etc was not bad, had a good night's rest. Parking was $45 per overnight, so I ended up parking at the public car park opposite the hotel for $25 per night instead.

The hotel is located very near to key attractions so it is a good choice for tourists if you can get a good deal on the price. I found the furnishing of the property to be of average quality.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms on the 8th floor if you are a light sleeper