This was the third hotel in a week long business trip to Boston.
Let me start by staying that is a very modern, upscale hotel located in the Faneuil Hall area just around the corner from Quincy Market. Located about 3 miles from Logan Airport, it's in the touristy area of the city and is similar in class to a Fairmont type hotel - not boutique but better than average, The rooms are spacious in nature and have:
- large comfortable king size bed
- a very good AC system
- plenty of pillows
- flat screen TV
- a small hallway leading to the bathroom and closet. there is also a separate vanity for sitting at
The bathrooms contain trough like sinks with rainfall shower heads, body wash hose attachment and spacious tubs. It also comes with above average bath products including mouth wash which you generally don't see any more.
However along those same lines, it's also:
- pricey. there were Fiji water bottles at $6+ dollars
- the internet is $10 plus if you use the computer in the lobby, you also have to pay usage charge as well. (You do get 15 free minutes to print out a plane ticket)
- parking runs around $45
- the bar fridge is wired in such a manner that if you move even one item, you are charged automatically for it
- there is no shuttle service but the hotel is always glad to call a cab
Front staff desk was not particularly friendly but not unfriendly either - just business like although it appears a few employees may have a bit of an "attitude". There is free coffee in the morning along with bowl full of fruit. There is also free lemonade in the evening. Access to Quincy Market is only a few minutes away. There are numerous restaurants but my suggestion is to head toward the North end where you will locate many fine Italian restaurants (similar to the Hill area in St. Louis). There is also a CVS there where you can find much cheaper water options than the Fiji bottles in the room. My biggest complaint is the TV which is rather small and the remote control which does not work particularly well.
So what's overall thought? This is a decent modern hotel which I would stay at again however you have to keep you expectations in line. It's not an Embassy suites or the Courtyard so if you understand this and accept the concept of everything is expensive in this location then you will have a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bostonian's chief asset is its prime location adjacent to Faneuil Hall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, HotelPower, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Bostonian Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Millennium Bostonian
- Millennium Bostonian Boston
- Boston Millennium Hotel
- Millenium Bostonian