“Great location, friendly staff, nice room”

The Bostonian Boston
Ranked #23 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 23, 2013

You can't beat the location next to Fanueil Hall/Quincy Market. The hotel itself was very nice. The room we had on the top floor was great, comfortable bed, very clean, nice decor. The staff were the best, so accommodating and super friendly. The room service breakfast was ready within 15 minutes of ordering and the omelette was tasty.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Recent Guest,

We love to read the praises of our recent visitors and we thank you for taking time from your day to share your experience.

Location, location, location is essential in any city and especially when it has been near zero for several days. Certainly our proximity to Faneuil Hall, Financial District, Boston Garden and the North End allows a quick dash door to door.

Please let me know of your next trip to Boston and I can personally assist with your accommodations.

rrivers@mill-usa.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,784)

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed 2 night in October in this hotel. The hotel is modern and with nice decor. Reception was very helpful and were able to give me tourist information. My room was located on the 4th floor and it was a little bit of a struggle finding my room; it took me some time to figure it out which way I am suppose to go, the signs weren't clear or non-excisting. Good luck finding your room after few drinks..

My room was large and very clean. It did have confortable bed and enough confortable pillows. The only downside was that the walls seemed to be made out of paper. I was able to hear what people next door were talking about, but I was lucky that they were not party animals.

The hotel location is great. It is located font of Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market where you can find some shops, restaurants and bars. The trolley tours departed near the hotel and the hotel is walking distance to the centre.

The only minus was when I ordered breakfast from the room service. It turned up 45 minutes late and also interenet is not included

I would definetely recommend this hotel and it is good value for money

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for your comments and endorsement of Millennium Bostonian Hotel and it was a pleasure to host your fall getaway.

We recognize that our guest hallways do not mirror that of a typical hotel design and this was realized in the original blueprints to maintain the historical significance. The hotel is perched on the Blackstone Block, the oldest working block in North America, and the meandering flow of the corridors offer direct views of surrounding architectural icons including The Old North Church, Bunker Hill Memorial and Faneuil Hall. Truly a compliment to Boston' s history.

Truly we appreciate your comments and please let me know of your future visit to our hotel and I can personally offer you a historical tour of our hotel and neighborhood.

Gratefully,

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Just spent the weekend at this Hotel. This hotel is perfectly located right across from Fanueil Hall and just over the Rose Kennedy parkway to the Northend!! Our stay was great...however was bummer when we found that the coffee was just shy of $5.00 a cup. What a rip off. We stayed there for 2 days and the same coffee was free in the lobby. Our bill was $30.00 for coffee for 6 of us for breakfast. Crazy!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at this property for a trip to visit family and friends during Christmas time. The following was noteworthy:

-The property is located across the street from Faneuil hall. It is a high end Boston hotel, but with competitive rates (especially during the Christmas season, as it caters more to the business crowd than to tourists). We paid $143 per night for a weekday stay.
-The room was reasonably spacious with a quite large walk-in closet. The bathroom was in outstanding condition and featured a huge glassed-in shower (noting there was no bath tub). We had a small balcony - just large enought for someone to walk out in and catch a glimpse of the surroundings.
-Regarding our specific room, we were over the front door and its associated valet area. As a result, it was quiet but it had no view to speak of (we were in room # 631). Also, the room was quite warm, even with the heat off (this was December).
-We greatly enjoyed the sitting room / library which was off of the main lobby. There were many interesting books to read and a cozy fireplace. There was also complimentary Starbucks coffee in the morning and apple cider in the afternoon.
-Service was attentive; the front desk offered me an umbrella upon my arrival during a rain storm. The bellhops were helpful as well.
-Minor negatives include no swimming pool and no coffee in the lobby after 9am. There is only one restaurant attached to the property but, again, the site is across the street from Faneuil Hall.
-Overall, we were impressed with Millenium Bostonian's amenities and services, especially in light of the competitive rates.

Room Tip: We were in room # 631 - it was very quiet but had no view. Also, it was quite warm in the room even...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I want to thank the management and staff at the Bostonian for the excellent experience and we had celebrating my 60th birthday last week. We had several family members and friends stay for several days to share in the celebration.

Ten years ago we celebrated my 50th birthday at your hotel and I thought nothing could top that experience. This stay proved me wrong. The hotel staff made all of us feel pampered in every way.

Thank you for the beautiful roses, champagne and goodies delivered to our room on my birthday. My sister and her husband also celebrated their 47th wedding anniversary during our stay and appreciated the same personal touch when they returned to their room on their anniversary.

I look forward to future stays at your hotel. Thank you and your staff again for helping us create some wonderful memories during our stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We spent our Christmas holidays here and could not have been more pleased. Walking distance to the North End scene, essentially next door to Quincy Market and, close to the T, making access to the entire city a snap without having a car (and paying parking). Large (at least by some downtown hotel standards), clean, large shower, etc. made our stay comfortable. We ate 4 meals in the restaurant as well and found it to have good food and good service too. Countless restaurants and bars close by. Courteous staff rounded out our experience, one we will recommend to others. Agree with others on the internet charges; also the fitness room is a bit small for this size property.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The trip to the Bostonian was a gathering to celebrate the 60th birthday of my aunt. In total over a five day stay the number of guests and varying night stays by all, would equal about a thirty three night stay. Not sure how my dear uncle made out with that, but it was his very thoughtful gift to his wife and all of the family and friends included in this stay.
One piece of luggage was left in cab as door man quickly transferred our luggage from cab to lobbies, (a number of other guests complained of same happening to their bags) than disappeared to rooms we had not occupied yet?? Unfortunately did not retrieve all bags and my aunts carry on was left behind. Which carried all her clothing and gifts. She was compensated for minimal belongings. FYI all cab drivers in Boston are required to get out of car and and assist with exit and luggage. (Took international cab back to airport, reasonable price and driver was great.
Hotel was very clean, other that bag mess up well organized. Food and beverage seemed overpriced. Charge for internet?? What? this is free everywhere, from the airport to doughnut shops. For the caliber of hotel they presume to be this should be included with the room. Everyone guest we encounter at the hotel was astonished with this. Not even complementary in the lobby. Rooms on the small side clean, large shower, housekeeping great very nice ladies.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Recent Canadian Visitor,

Thank you for your comments and we were thrilled to host this 60th Surprise Birthday Celebration.

Hotels strive to provide service exceeding that of our guests expectations and we attempt to assist with third party services, such as tours, taxis, local restaurants and shops by using our 'clout' in the market. In the case of this guest losing a carry-on bag in the taxi, the hotel exhausted endless hours searching every possible cab company to no prevail. However, Millennium Bostonian purchased clothing for this guest and has paid to replace nearly all items in a gesture befitting a fine hotel.

We trust that your five day excursion to Boston has many lingering memories of friends, family and our wonderful city.