“Exceptional stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Exceptional stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed here overnight for our anniversary. I have walked past this hotel dozens of times and am SO glad we chose to give it a try. We can't wait to go back again. We had noted in our reservation that it was our anniversary and they made it extra special by first, upgrading our room for free and secondly, having champagne and chocolate/fruit plate waiting in our room with a charming note from the concierge. All of the staff were wonderful and so friendly.

The room we had was beautiful and more importantly....so fresh and clean!! The bathroom was spa-like with a giant tub, beautiful vanity and glass shower. Bed was super comfortable and the view over Faneuil Hall was great. Tiny little balcony with french doors was really charming.

Location is perfect!! We walked everywhere....Haymarket area, by the water, the North End for dinner and the theater district (a bit further...but fine on a nice evening.) For being in the middle of it all, we found the hotel to be quiet and relaxing.

Our room/rate included breakfast. We were pleased to find that was in the North 26 Restaurant attached to the hotel. Breakfast to order was delicious and we had fabulous service!! Often times, "breakfast included" is less than great in a hotel restaurant. This was not the case at all. Kudos to The Millenium Bostonian for getting everything right!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dinascott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

My girlfriend and I decided to book a weekend getaway to Boston and we came across this hotel.

A) Very easy and accessible to and from Logan International Airport by travelling on the Blue Line subway. There is a courtesy shuttle at the airport(Bus #22) that takes you right to the subway. From there you take the Blue line subway and get off at Government Centre. The hotel is approximately a 5 minute walk. Fare is $2.50pp

B)The hotel itself was wonderful. All the staff were very helpful and professional. They even accommodated an early check in and check out time for us. The hotel is very clean and our room (#710) was on the top floor with a beautiful view of Quincy"s Market. The beds were extremely comfortable with the rest of the rooms amenities exceeded our expectations. By far one of the nicest hotel rooms we've stayed in.

C) If visiting Boston and interested in site seeing, this hotel is in a perfect location! It's right across the street from Quincy's Market where there are quite a few restaurants and a giant food court offering almost every cuisine including fresh seafood. There are also a few retail stores ex. GAP, Banana Republic, American Eagle, etc. Finally if you want to see the entire city I would recommend booking tickets with the OLD TOWN TROLLY TOURS with their main stop being right across the street from Quincy's Market(5-10min walk from hotel). Stops include CHEERS, FENWAY PARK, and many more.

Hope this review assists you as you wont be disappointed if you stay at this hotel.

6 Thank TDOT2010
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed here for 4 days the first weekend of August for my 2012 annual pilgrimage to Fenway Park.

I usually stay in the Back Bay for easy access to Fenway Park, the Prudential Center and Boylston Street, but because I had an early flight out of Logan, I chose this hotel due to its proximity to the Blue line. It took about 25 minutes each way from the hotel to the airport using the T.

Those who are first timers to Boston will enjoy the fact that this hotel is right across the street from Quincy Market and just a few steps from the Freedom Trail, TD Garden, and the North End. Also, there are a lot of restaurants, including the historical Union Oyster House, within a minute walk. This came in handy on a stormy Sunday night.

The hotel is very modern, clean and intimate (only 7 floors), but there are a couple of little irritations. First of all, they charge for Wi-Fi and for Internet access at the so called business centre. All other hotels that I have stayed in Boston do not. The only thing that is free is access to airline sites to print off boarding passes. Secondly, they have no ice machine on any of the floors. You must call the front desk to send someone up with a bucket of ice. This is very annoying when it is 90°F with 80% humidity outside.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Phil B
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a long period of time which was around 5 Months for work purposes and the location,staff, food and the service they provided it made it a home from home for me. I got one of the best rooms in the hotel and the view was spectacular. I struggled to explore the food out with the hotel for a good few weeks as it was just so good and that was saying something with Quincey Market just across the road. The shrimp was to die for as was the steaks!

The rooms where spacious, clean and the maid services was awesome. I got to know the staff very well and no question or query was too big. Your in such a good location if you have never been to Boston before like I hadn't. I stroll along the road and your a TD Gardens home to the Boston Bruins, The Celtics as well as lots of gigs and entertainment to keep you busy and you have the Italian quarter to your right and if you take a stroll down there weather it be for some cakes and coffee or to have a meal. It really is too much amazing bars and restaurants for you to choose from all treating you like family!

There is so much culture and history in Boston and you have to cover it all. As well as going to see the Red Sock play and take a Duck Tour or head to the harbour for a stroll or head down to Newbury for some retail therapy or spend your weekend at the Boston common soaking up the atmosphere and sunshine. There is so much to see and do in Boston and luckily with my long stay I managed to cover more than I could ever imagine in any holiday or break I would have take.

I am looking forward to my return to Boston and staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you can get the room facing TD Gardens your on to a winner!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank FunTimeChez
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

My wife and I spent two nights here on our vacation. We love Boston for the history, scenery, food and culture, and the Millennium Bostonian is situated perfectly for all.

Check-in was very fast and smooth. The lobby is nice with a popular sitting area and fire place. Our room was good-sized and had a small balcony looking across Quincy Market toward Faneuil Hall. The cityscape view is impressive. We intended to put some water in the mini-fridge and after finding no space in it due to all the drinks that were already there, we were taken aback by a sticker we failed to see before we opened it, which said that if we touch or move any of the drinks, we would have to pay for them. I went down to the front desk to inquire about this and the receptionist said we would not be charged for moving the drinks. The bathroom is very nice with a huge shower. The bed was comfortable and had excellent pillows, and a large flat-screen TV was perfect for watching the US beat up their opponents in the Olympics, especially the Fab 5 of the US Women's Gymnastics Team.

Maybe a 5-minute walk from the North End, the hotel is right around the corner from the famous Union Oyster House, which is a must for the best cornbread and clam chowdah evah. Quincy Market across the street was packed. The blackened swordfish is also good, as are the mussels.

The Freedom Trail is a great way to learn some fine US history or refresh what you forgot. It passes right by the hotel; just follow the line on the sidewalk. We again visited the Old North Church, where I sat in my family's pew and conferred quietly with my ancestral ghost who was a revolutionary and did something way cool there one April 18th.

Boston Harbor is across the street, so you have easy access to the ferries and water taxis. Beacon Hill, with its history and beautiful homes, is a short walk.

Check-out was automatic.

The Millennium Bostonian is a good hotel in the right location for taking in the sights, eating delicious food, experiencing the Italian culture of the North End, and remembering our nation's amazing history.

6 Thank Robert N
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and your photo sharing.

Location is key for either Leisure or Business travel and we are fortunate to offer so many historic and cultural sights' within just steps of our front door. As well, you can walk to the Financial District and Government Centers in just moments while traveling the same routes as Sam Adams, Paul Revere and William Dawes, to name a few.

We are pleased that you enjoyed our product, location and services and look forward to your future visit. Please let me know if I may ever be of assistance.

Gratefully,

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

What an amazing location for a trip to Boston. If you are visiting and want to see some of the sights there literally is no better place you can rest your head than at this hotel. You are steps away from all of the major sights downtown. Across the street is the Quincy Market, and the freedom trail, and The North End is just a few blocks away. The entire hotel is very modern and recently renovated. The front desk and door staff was helpful at every turn, even letting us store our bikes overnight and keeping our cannolis safe during our last day out.

Room Tip: Even the lowest end "standard" room is still large and inviting.
2 Thank ted r
Dear Past Guest,

Greetings!

Thank you for selecting Millennium Bostonian while visiting America's Walking City, and we are fortunate to be just steps from all that is Boston.

As noted, our team is always willing to exceed our guests' expectations and we are happy to assist with bikes, canoes, golf clubs and I must say that leaving your cannolis overnight was very trusting.

At anytime, if I can be of assistance with future travel plans back to Boston, please send me a note directly.

Carmel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel is in the perfect location! Easy walking distance to the north end, Boston commons, td gardens. It's clean and the service was very friendly. My only complaint is coffee on your room is not complimentary. We will definitely be back!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RebeccaWCarmel
Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay at Millennium Bostonian!

As I review every guest comment, I love to challenge the team with new services and at your request we now offer extended hours on our complimentary lobby coffee service featuring Starbucks.

We look forward to your next visit.

Again, thank you,