“AWESOME!”

The Bostonian Boston
Ranked #24 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We were there for our late first honeymoon last year for 5 days and were treated like royalty. They even gave us wine as a gift. The rooms were beautiful and cozy and we got a free upgrade because of our honeymoon. Great location for shopping and TD Garden. Because of this we are heading back there for 5 days on 13 april for our anniversary and have the Penthouse room booked, we are very excited!!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a fireplace!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear Soon To Return Guest,

Welcome back (in 3 days)!

Thank you for your posting and our team is excited to learn of your pending arrival to celebrate your anniversary.

Our Penthouse Suite has been described as a birds nest as it has spectacular views of the city sklyine, Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market and numerous notable Boston landmarks. I will personally insure your suite is ready at first light on Friday the 13th.

Please let me know if I can assist prior to your arrival,

Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed here for two nights over St. Patrick's Day 2012. The bathrooms have been upgraded with tile showers, glass doors and nice sinks. The maid service was great and she left extra shampoo, conditioner, mouth wash etc.
The king sized bed was nice but a little on the hard side..we prefer a firm bed but it was a little too firm however it did not damper our stay.
The room has a safe, blow dryer and a stocked mini fridge. Don't touch anything in the fridge or you will be charged (just look!, if it moves you are charged!).
Great customer service, we locked ourselves out of the safe and the front desk sent someone up immediately.
Valet parking only, $45 per night... I forget my sneakers in the car and when I asked how I could obtain them, the front desk had them sent to our room while we were out. Tip, Tip, Tip..but I don't mind tipping for good service! We also bought fruit at the farmer's market...the parking atttendants delivered it to our car another tip!
The room and the hotel public areas were very clean.
The room was warm and the air did not cool it off, we opened the doors and temp did drop but it was far too noisy outside to leave the doors open all night. As for inside, it was very quiet and a good sleep.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor.....single king room.....
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear St Patricks Day Guest,

Thank you for taking time to offer an extensive review of the Millennium Bostonian Hotel with such emphasis on your service experience.

Our team is empowered to provide exceptional service and the greatest reward is a positive review and repeat guest. Your generosity is secondary to service and appreciated.

My team, and I, hope that your future travel plans to Boston will include a stay at our hotel and I offer my information if I can ever assist.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

From beginning to end, the service was great. Room was just what I had expected when I booked it - beautiful view of Quincy Market and the city skyline from our balcony. The bathroom was amazing with a big soaker tub and lots of privacy, even in the closet/makeup area. I was on a college tour with my son and the hotel was easy access to the T and also to the highway. Quick walk to the North End and the Freedom Trail too. The concierge was always available with a tip or two for where to eat or how to get where we needed to be. The only downside that I would have to say is that the room walls are thin as others have said in their reviews and I could hear every door slam shut as people entered their rooms. However, I still would not hesitate to stay at the Millennium Bostonian next time we visit Boston.

Room Tip: Loved the view of Quincy Market - so I would choose this again. Also, high floor made the view even...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank luv2bebizee1
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Dear Past Guest,

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to share your recent stay at Millennium Bostonian Hotel.

Our premier location affords immediate access to everything that is Boson including proximity to the financial district, shops, attractions, T Station and the Italian North End. While we trust that your college tours provided ample information on the City of Boston, please contact us if we can offer any assistance or information.

Please let me know if I can assist with future reservations.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 23, 2012

This is probably my favorite hotel in Boston. The rooms are spacious, nicely decorated and have great views. The beds are comfortable and the staff is professional and courteous. While I've always had positive experiences in the past, this stay was not as enjoyable for me.

I generally dislike being put in a connecting room (which I was during my stay) but I figured this hotel is usually always quiet so I wouldn't have any problems. I was wrong. After a night out with friends, I got to bed around 1:45 am but was rudely awoken at 3 am by yelling, screaming and laughing by the guys in the connecting room. I called the desk to let them know but the next room didn't quiet down. 30 minutes later I called back asking if they had any ear plugs and a gentleman quickly brought them up to me. I was finally able to fall asleep around 5 am only to be awoken by the connecting room again at 8:15 am.

Needless to say I was exhausted the whole day at work but I'd definitely stay again...just not in a connecting room!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kristin S

Dear Return Guest,

Thank you for your posting and I am equally disappointed that your night's rest was disturbed by an adjoining guest. This is unusual for our hotel and I will review disturbance policies/practices with our overnight management team.

While I cannot alter your last impression, I offer my direct contact information so that I may select your accommodations on a future stay.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Got to stay here one night and loved it. The rooms are spacious, very modern, very clean, with lots of extras. The bath area was very modern and very nice. The mini bar is quite expensive, as they all are and the lighting in the bathroom could be better for us girls to put make-up on. Those are truly the only somewhat negative things I could say.

The staff was very efficient, courteous, and fast.

I would definitely stay here again.

It is directly across the street from the Hard Rock Cafe.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your Bostonian experience and our team is appreciative for the recognition.

We are excited to read posted reviews, such as yours', and assess service and product opportunities to enhance future guest experience. As the newly appointed general manager, I recognize your comment specific to lighting and make-up application and will look at options.

We look forward to your next planned trip to Boston and welcome your Bostonian visit.

If I can assist, please send me a note and I will be happy to oblige,

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We had a great night at this hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Anything we asked, including was answered with specifics, ie good breakfast recommendation also came with good directions on how to get there. The hotel itself is a a superb location, walking distance to all the best of Boston. Went across the street and were right in Fanueil Hall, short walk to Boston Common, North End, and Newbury Street was a nice stroll. Waterfront just a minute away. Can 't ask for much more. The hotel itself was very clean and the beds really comfortable. We had a nice small balcony overlooking the pretty view of Fanueil Hall lit up with twinkling lights at night. Black Rose short walk with some great Irish music and drinks. Really fun and great night!

Room Tip: Ask to overlook Fanueil Hall, many rooms have this great view
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beachlover99

Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for your post from your recent staycation at the Bostonian Hotel!

Our location is paramount to all there is 'Boston' and regardless of your plans we are a short stroll to entertainment, dining and shopping. The Black Rose is an original Boston Irish Pub and the Irish music is weekly, just perfect for a return visit.

If I may ever be of assistance with future accommodations, please feel free to contact my office direct.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

The hotel has a good location. The clean business hotel with the good atmosphere. Trimmings from many types of wood are giving the additional warmth and the effect of the relaxation

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
RobertRivers, General Manager at The Bostonian Boston, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Dear Contributor,

Staff and management, of the Bostonian Hotel, appreciate your online review and we hope to host your next visit to Boston.

If I can personally be of assistance, please call or e-mail me direct so that I can select your accommodations.

Warm regards,