The Langham, Boston
  • Fitness center
  • Fitness center
Omni Parker House(Boston)
2,480 results
All reviewsthe financial districtcafe fleuribond barchocolate barfederal reserve bankturn down servicepost office squaresuperior roomquincy marketbeautiful hotelfaneuil hallwithin walking distanceindoor poolfreedom trailthe north endnew englandbed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2010

We stayed at the Langham for the last night of a 3 week holiday for our 25th Wedding Anniversary.
We got a really good deal, and based on some previous reviews was a little unsure however we had no need to be as our experience was superb.

We arrived at the hotel early and did not expect to be able to get our room, but luckily it was ready. Reception staff were great and upgraded us to a luxury park view room, which was beautiful, especially as it was a lovely sunny day.

This hotel is elegant and luxurious and I cannot understand the previous negative reviews.
All the staff are great and the hotel is located within easy walking distance to Quincy Market and Fanieul Hall.

We were looking for somewhere casual to eat, and the staff recommended Brandy Petes, which was exactly what we wanted and we had a great evening chatting to some of the workers from the Financial district .

We used the bar and the cafe and both were really good, the decor in the bar and surrounding rooms was fantastic with old historic maps of New England on the walls.

We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jamela
Reviewed June 2, 2010

The Langham Boston is located not so far from the business district of the city and minutes away from a popular street (Washington street) where you can do a lot of smart shopping. I arrived in the evening and the reception was very efficient to check me in. They upgraded me to a larger room with 2 queen beds even though the hotel was probably very busy on the same week of the marathon. My room was very impressive in terms of space and translates what a 4 star room should look like. I have paid a short visit to the pool on the evening which is very nice but couldn’t help to sleep longer in the morning rather than swim. The bed is very comfortable with a decent desk where you can work easily. The bathroom was also huge. The negative point was the TV which was this big block TV in the furniture with a not so good reception. I think at the the price the hotel sell their rooms, you would expect a flat TV with HD channels on it. The WIFI is not free, which was also a disappointment. Overall, a very good hotel in its pure English style…it’s a Langham hotel after all.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank GdeLondres
Reviewed June 1, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Langham this past weekend for 3 nights (memorial day weekend). Overall we loved the Hotel. We loved the location especially close to everything you would want to see in boston historical area. We loved the decor of the hotel and the room they were perfect and very clean. The room we had was a classic king I believe, wasn't to big but perfect for us bed was amazing! we loved the ipod soundock in the room. We got to enjoy the indoor pool and gym which was very nice. Wish the pool was outdoors but think its a great idea for winter months in Boston!. We didn't get to enjoy any of the restaurants since they were very expensive!! We got a great deal from expedia and would definitely stay again. We parked across the hotel in the lot for $10 a day holiday special which was sweet. On out last day the Fire Alarm went off at about 9:30am which was strange but all was taken care of in a matter of minutes with not worries. As we were checking out at the time it didn't really bother us. Checking in and checking out was very smooth.

Boston is a great city!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2010

Yes, it's nice...but not $400 min.+/night for a dinky room nice. The room was small, and I was unimpressed. Lobby was pretty, but again, not worth the much higher rate than a 3 or 4 star that pretty much has all the same feautures. The pics we were shown online were not represenative of the room we got. I think they set some dinky rooms aside for hotels.com users...I'm all for paying more for room service and such but the Continental Breakfast (two eggs, toast, coffee, juice, 2 slices of bacon/sausage) was $27 before a room fee, taxes and surcharges. My husband and I had to laugh. After tipping the waiter, one would pay about $70 for for two people for that! Seriously? That's not luxury, that's completely idiotic. You'd think you'd get a big TV or soemthing too, but you get a little 24-ish old school model. Yipee! I'm living the good life now! I can eat my $70 crap breakfast in front of my 10 year old TV and then go to town on a $9 bottle of water (no lie) It would be one thing to pay this for a great experience, but it just wasn't. I didn't get the idea they gave a hoot either...Is "meh" a good descriptive word?

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JLWB79
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Was supposed to stay for 3 nights but thanks to the volcanic eruptions ended up staying for 8 nights. The hotel is very convnient to work but then everything in Boston is pretty close by. The staff were very accomodative and understanding of the situation.

Bonds - their bar/restaurant is a hit!!! Fantastic place to enjoy good drink/food and people watch - which when you are waiting and waiting to hear when you might head home - is a great time killer.

Gym is nice and good spa too.

All in all... will always return here!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business