2,635 results
All reviews the financial district cafe fleuri bond bar chocolate bar federal reserve bank turn down service post office square superior room quincy market beautiful hotel faneuil hall within walking distance indoor pool the north end freedom trail new england bed was very comfortable
Reviewed January 4, 2017

If you are looking for a hotel in Boston, look no further: The Langham Hotel is magnificent!! Every member of the staff goes above and beyond to ensure you are taken care of. The entire hotel is impeccably clean and beautifully decorated, not to mention comfortable. My family and I look so forward to our next trip!!

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Langham Hospitality Group
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2017

Dear Q985TQerinm,
I would like to thank for such an enthusiastic review and for recognizing our very dedicated staff. Building great memories for our guests is what we bank on. Providing top level service is our utmost priority and I am happy to hear we were able to make your trip such a positive experience for you. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Boston and back to The Langham.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 4, 2017

The hotel is beautiful - rooms are spacious, comfortable and relatively updated. If you want to stay in this area, this would be my recommendation as far as value for the money. Staff is wonderful. Health club facility is nice, and very clean.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo

Dear Lisa B,

Thank you for your kinds words about our hotel and our staff. Your feedback is truly appreciated. It is a very important tool for us to help keep our service on track. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

Location in Boston downtown, near Faneuil Hall, in a nice old building, the Langham hotel is a perfect place to visit the city. Warm welcoming, well decoration room, spa and swimming pool will enjoy your stay. All the staff is always fully attentive for you for a wonderful stay !

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family

Dear J_M_A_1963,
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us. I am thrilled to hear our staff was able to make you feel comfortable so far from home. Your kind comments have been shared with them and we hope you will stay with us again on a future trip to Boston.

Reviewed January 3, 2017 via mobile

Just took a one-night mom-cation at Langham Boston. I chose it based on reviews, particularly for the spa. My stay was quite pleasant and the spa treatment was delightful. That said, it would be hard for me to pick Langham over Intercontinental the next time I cash in the travel miles for a local getaway. My first visit to the Intercontinental, they automatically upgraded me to a junior suite with a view of the channel - everything was in great condition and the decor sumptuous. Langham offered no similar welcome, but was able to check me in 40 mins early before my spa appointment. My room was a deluxe king with city views (make sure you specify city views as I believe the other option is a window looking at the indoor pool.) The bathroom seemed a bit basic, but the Chuan toiletries were larger than most hotel offerings and smell wonderful. Despite being right near elevator, my room was fairly quiet during early evening and seemed dead quiet overnight. The bed was wonderfully comfortable! The Chuan Spa is clean and pleasant. All the staff are welcoming and attentive. The locker room is small and under some renovation (only one shower out of two was working.) Guests awaiting treatment hang out in the lounge at the front in robes and slippers and then walk through the gym to access the treatment rooms on the upper level. That makes it a bit less of a zen experience - walking the gauntlet past random exercisers. The Intercontinental had both an exterior and interior waiting room (so you were hanging out with other folks in robes alone and it was not bisected by the gym. I had a sea salt scrub and massage - the treatment and my masseuse, Xiaodan, were exemplary! There is a small pool area with a hot tub. The pool area was nicely decorated and clean, but I really missed the amazing view from the Intercontinental pool - a wall of windows on one side, Langham has a glass ceiling above pool for outside view. The locker room has a dry sauna which was perfect. Room service was lovely - the cart always included a pink rose in a vase as a special touch. Not a ton of vegetarian options on the menu if you need that, but everything was artfully prepared. (I tend to research room service before booking.) Everyone I encountered was delightful - from housekeeping arriving for turn-down service to private kitchen (the person who answered my calls was always the same person who delivered my meals) to the spa personnel. In that area the Langham definitely deserves an A+.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank khs22

Dear KHS22,

We are so pleased that you chose us as your mom-cation destination for this year. Undoubtedly it was a well-deserved rest; thank you for complimenting our comfortable beds! Your comments about our massage therapist, Xiaodan, are appreciated and we agree that she is a gem. She really does make the spa experience special. It was disappointing to learn that your private kitchen meal experience wasn’t as tailor made as possible. Our culinary team does pride themselves on their flexibility with the menu in order to delight the diverse palates of our guests. We will review your comments with the private kitchen team to better recognize opportunities to customize dining options for our guests.

The coming year will also bring some exciting changes to The Langham as we embark on renovations in several areas including the lobby, dining, and guest rooms. As you noticed, we are close to completing a small upgrade to our spa facilities. We hope that you will visit us again to see our finished product. Wishing you a happy and relaxing new year, Mom!

Reviewed January 2, 2017

This place is beautiful. You will get what you pay for. Staff is amazing rooms are beautiful. Prices are right where they should be for what you get. Spa is nice, got tub is not that hot but still amazing. Hotel is located close enough to walk to things yet far enough to be away from the noise.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Langham Hospitality Group
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2017

Dear SeanF8286VD,

Your kind review is appreciated. We have a very dedicated team and your feedback has been shared with them. We have taken note of your mention of the hot tub and we will check in on that, so thank you. We hope our convenient location and attentive staff will bring you back to visit us again soon.

Happy New Year,