The Langham, Boston
$386
$356
Agoda.com
2,507 results
All reviewsthe financial districtcafe fleuribond barchocolate barfederal reserve bankturn down servicepost office squaresuperior roomquincy marketbeautiful hotelfaneuil hallwithin walking distanceindoor poolfreedom trailthe north endnew englandbed was very comfortable
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We loved the hotel. The staff were very welcoming and helpful The room was very comfortable and clean and had everything we could have needed. the TV did not work and they came very promptly to repair this.The position was superb to walk to all the sites and restaurants. The swimming pool and sports centre were wonderful. Our only critisism was the breakfast where we were very unlucky with slow service. We thought that the food, when it came, was very poor value. I had two mini croissants for 9 dollars. We tried to find somewhere near by for breakfast on the second morning with no luck and so had to go back again and found the same problem. But we loved everything else about the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear PippaTrogs,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that you loved your stay with us and found our colleagues helpful and welcoming and our accommodations comfortable and clean. I am disappointed to read that you were dissatisfied with your breakfast and that you felt that it was of poor value. Our Concierge is always available to recommend an alternative breakfast restaurant or café should you wish to eat outside of the hotel. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Both myself and my husband stayed here for two nights in March 2013, only sorry I am writting this review now. The Langham was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in, its location is central to everything and all within walking distance.

The hotel has beautiful rooms, spacious and very comfortable beds. We paid for breakfast each day, which was fine and we were able then to have the full choice, which there was a very large choice. We also eat on one of the nights in the Bond Restuarant and it was excellent maybe a little expensive but well worth it.

Overall a great impression and wonderfull staff.

Will be back hopefully in the not too distance further.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Vonnie5,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Langham, Boston this past March, and for considering our hotel one of the best hotels. I am delighted that you had a memorable stay with us and found our accommodation beautiful and spacious, and the hotel ideally located in Downtown Boston within walking distance of local sights and attractions. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I spent 4 nights here, rooms are clean and big, beds are very confortable, location is perfect to visit boston.

now the nightmare: Walls are paper thin, there was a wedding I couldnt sleep, I called front desk 3 time they did nothing about.

The main problem was when I checked in, they made a mistake with my credit card, they were suppoussed to charge 200 usd but they charged 2000usd without my authorisation and they didnt told me anything (they knew they made a mistake but just didnt say anything about it... thas crazy!), I went to my room and I had and sms from my bank saying this (maybe they thought I wasnt going to realize they took 2000 USD from my bank because they charged my card while checking in and they did't say anything, what a shame!) so I went down to the front office, there was no manager (it was saturday) they blocked the credit in my credit card so they left me in Boston with no money, They said problem will be solved in 24 hours and apologize. Sunday no manager, there must be a joke but it wasnt, Monady was labor day, no manager, I had to call my bank to increase my credit and that cost me money. they told me on monday that they have been talking with American express to release the money they put on hold and that it will be released thuesday. Nothing happend on thuesday, talking with accounts manager on thuesday he apologized and said the money will be realeased in 24 48 hours. Friday monday (6 days after their mistake) they released the 2000 USD they put on hold without my authorisation. Salim [--] made the mistake, Russell [--] (front desk manager) was at home, Salim called him and Russell did nothing because he was in his day off. the only person who talked to me was Thomas [--] Director of banquets, very kind guy told me to have a free meal because they blocked my credit (I dont want a free meal, I want my money back). ther was nobody in charge of this luxury hotel in 3 days, can you belive it? and when the account manager appear on thuesday they were not able to do anything, can you belive it?

I'm waiting for my phone bill because they are going to pay all the international calls I had to make because of their fault.

I had travell a lot and this was by far the worst experience in a luxury hotel. see my other reviews and place I have visited. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE, location is excellent but theres nobody in charge and employees run like a headless chicken trying to solve a problem they are not qualified for. the apologize like a hundred times but they didnt do anything in order to solve a 2000 usd problem.

worst ever stay in a hotel in 35 years and I have more than 500 reviews in trip advisor.

hilton and marriot are also very close to quincy market freedom trail and all the places.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Pedro_Hdz
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed at The Langham, Boston on Sept 23rd while traveling on business. Happened to be a bit under the weather, so I needed a good nights rest. The hotel was extremely nice. Check in was a snap, staff was very accommodating and the room was spotless. I stay in a lot of hotels while traveling on business, and I think this may have been the cleanest bathroom I've ever seen. Got a great nights rest in the extremely comfortable bed and woke feeling much better in the morning. Great stay overall. FYI - Boston very dead on Monday nights...absolutely nothing going on in the financial district right around the hotel!!

Room Tip: Stated in room 458
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Yankees2008,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted that you had a restful night’s sleep with us and found our accommodations clean and comfortable. Although we are located within Downtown and the Financial District which does becomes quiet in the evenings, allowing for a peaceful night’s sleep, we are within a 5 minute walk from Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market and the vibrant North End and Waterfront with its many restaurants, stores and bars. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed at The Langham for one night on business September 19, 2013. The hotel is beautiful, steeped in history and very well located, however, the price for accommodation at this level in many other world class cities (New York, Toronto, London - I've been to all) is about half of what the Langham charges. It was about $400 for one night, and breakfast (which was indeed tasty, but again, overpriced) was about $27. Boston overall has very expensive hotels - even a "standard" hotel like a Holiday Inn is over $200 and closer to the airport (not well located). I hope the next time I visit I'll be able to find a better value.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mefirstfitness

Dear mefirstfitness,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to learn that you found our hotel beautiful and our hotel ideally located. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit.