We just got back from three nights at the Langham, which we were lucky to book on hotwire. I travel with my husband and our 1 year old twins. We are fairly well traveled. I will divide my review by sections/topics:
1) Room: We were bumped to a superior king which was nice because they had room for two cribs. Cribs were real mini cribs, not pack n plays. Spacious for an inner city hotel. Overall the decor was a bit worn. Ceilings were very high. We didnt have a view, really, to speak of. Bathroom was basic with a shallow tub that was great for the babies but not for adults. Tiny drip coffee maker worked well. Fridge is stocked as a mini-bar but we were told on check-in that we could remove items to make use of the fridge, which we did. The bed was a bit firm for my tastes but my husband loved it. Sheeting and pillows were very comfy.
2) Pool/Spa: The indoor pool was so nice, I wish we spent more time there. The water was about 82 degrees. It is handicapped accessible via lifts. There is a hot tub as well (no children allowed in it). You walk through the spa locker room to access the pool, which was nicely appointed and had a sauna available. I did not get a chance to book any services but the facilities looked great and if we come back I will get a massage!
3) Location: The Langham really is an easy walk to Quincy Market, Macys, Boston Common, and assorted shopping. But there isnt a lot on the immediate blocks surrounding, as it is all banks/financial district. On the weekend it is totally dead. The park across the street is just beautiful, with a long arbor and a fountain. The babies loved playing in the fountain! It is a small park but has a coffee shop and access to the T.
4) Restaurants: We ate at Cafe Fleuri for breakfast buffet, and ordered room service breakfast another morning. The buffet was so good, pricey but for a reason. Another morning we ate at a different buffet restaurant for breakfast and it wasnt even CLOSE in terms of quality, and only $10 cheaper... The staff at the Cafe were so wonderful, attentive to us and our children, which you dont always get at buffet style restaurants. The room service was very quick. They have a children's menu. We had a nice breakfast but if I had it to do over I would have gome back to the buffet because I was in love with it.
5) Service: This is where the Langham stood out, and why I am rating at 5 stars over 4. The people working here, from the doormen to the wait staff to the housekeepers, were above and beyond in terms of attentiveness and helpfulness. For example, after check in we went to check out the pool, and the woman cleaning the locker room went out of her way to give me a tour of the facilities and show me everything offered. The front desk was polite and accommodating at check in, making sure we had a room big enough for our family, and calling us once we were in the room to make sure everything was okay. Also, they were very prompt with fufilling requests. The concierge recommended restaurants to us several times. You just really feel special here.
Overall, I do not hesitate to recommend this hotel, and I will definitely look to stay here again when we visit Boston in the future. Thank you everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in a famous architectural landmark, The Langham, Boston offers a unique blend of history, charm and urban sophistication. The hotel is in Boston's financial district and within a 5 min walk to Faneuil Hall Marketplace. It is also steps away from the Boston Harbor, the North End, Boston's finest shopping district, major colleges and universities, theaters, and the Freedom Trail to name a few. The Langham, Boston is ideally located for both business and pleasure and offers three delectable dining options,The Reserve, boasts a polished aesthetic that reflects the elegance for which The Langham, Boston is known. Sip, savor and socialize, in the refined lounge serving inspiring cocktails and Afternoon Tea with Wedgwood daily. Bond is a premiere destination for cosmopolitan dining, cocktails and entertainment. Cafe Fleuri offers contemporary New England cuisine for full breakfast and Lunch (mon-fri)and our decadent Saturday Chocolate Bar and renowned Sunday Brunch. All guests at The Langham, Boston enjoy our signature Langham Turn Down service, plush robes and slippers, and full complimentary use of the fitness center and indoor heated pool and jacuzzi in our charming and intimate pool pavilion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Langham, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham, Boston Hotel Boston
- Langham Hotel Boston