“East Coast Holiday starting in Boston MA.”

The Langham, Boston
Ranked #22 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“East Coast Holiday starting in Boston MA.”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This has to have been the best hotel on the planet. From check in to departure the staff are 110% attentive to your every need. The rooms are better than first class, and the dining in hotel is 5 star.

If you are looking for, as far as my wife and I are concerned this is the best hotel in Boston.

There is not enough positive phrases in the English language to complement this hotel.

Go there you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Just be polite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Graeme 1940,

Thank you very much for your flattering review of your stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted that your stay with us exceeded your expectations and that you consider us to be the best hotel in Boston. Thank you for complementing the service you received from our colleagues. We are constantly striving for service perfection so it is nice to see that in your case we achieved our goal. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 23, 2013

After having read some of the reviews below I was hesitant about my upcoming stay at The Langham in Boston. I have to tell you that there was not a moment during my recent stay that I ever regretted making that reservation. From the moment I entered the beautiful lobby, was greeted by several extremely pleasant people behind the check in desks, to the moment we left, it was a fantastic stay. We were immediately upgraded from a Superior Room to something else (not sure what they called it) on the 7th floor. There was only a view of the neighboring office building, but that was okay and often to be expected in the city. We weren't going to be hanging out in the room anyway. The room itself was impeccably decorated; the beds super-comfy, and everything neat and clean. Same goes for the upgraded bathroom. The shower pressure was fantastic, and the towels were super-thick and huge. The room was also very quiet. I never heard noise in the hall or coming from anyone else's bathroom at all. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Dear nhlangfeld,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted to read that you had a memorable stay with us and found our accommodations quiet and comfortable. Thank u as well for mentioning the exceptional service you received from our colleagues from your arrival up through your departure. On behalf of my colleagues and I, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston on your next visit to the city.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband, myself and two daughters aged 18 & 19, really enjoyed our 3 night stay at the Langham. Check in after a flight from London was swift and smooth. Two lovely rooms next to each other on the 7th floor, were of a good size for a city centre hotel. The beds and pillows are very comfy, we had 3 good nights sleep. Bedrooms and bathrooms spotlessly clean. Staff very courteous and helpful especially the concierge, who were very informative about things to do in. Boston. The hotel is in a great location, walking distance to main tourist features, bars, restaurants, tour buses and most important Maceys!
Breakfast was not included in our tariff it did make it a tad on the expensive side to stay here.

Dear Veronica P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased that your stay with us met your expectations and you and your family found our accommodations clean and comfortable and our location within walking distance to stores, restaurants, and historical sights to be ideal for your stay. Thank you as well for complementing the courteous service you received from our colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Paris, France
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Went directly to the Langham after our flight from Paris. The hotel looks great from the outside and has a very cosy british style from the Inside; very lovely.
At first sight, it seems remote in the Financial district of Boston, but in fact just 5 minutes walk from the sea side and from the center and pedestrian Streets; really great !
We had a Superior room which is large and comfortable, nothing to complain. Bathroom is fine and clean. Really a nice place for a 2-3 days transit hotel in the middle of the town.
There is a swimming pool and spa, not the sexiest I have seen but still very nice in the morning in order to forget the hours spent in the plane and a nice way to start the day.
I would definitely recommand that hotel.

Dear Cstormyweather,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our accommodations comfortable. Additionally, I am pleased that you found our location in downtown Boston to be conveniently situated within walking distance to the waterfront and Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was very happy with my stay at the hotel, there were three staff members that made my stay very comfortable, David, Kamal and Keith.
I strongly recommend this hotel, I am returning in December and this is the hotel I will stay at.

1 Thank Adalheidur2013
Dear Adalheidur2013,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at The Langham during your visit to Boston. I am delighted that your stay with us met your expectations. Thank you as well for complementing our colleagues David, Kamal and Keith for their exceptional service. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston on your next visit in December.

Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2013

On this return visit we were introducing No 2 son plus his GF to Boston. Both couples had superior rooms and for me the interesting thing was that without any prompting, No 2 and GF had exactly the same reaction as we did: good smart comfortable bedroom, but the bathroom looks its age. Still works without problem but a faded feeling and appearance, which is somewhat at odds with the rest of this very charming hotel.

Since our last visit in 2011 the lobby has been refurbished and was actually unrecognisable from before - in a good way. By the way: for other purposes than ours were then, the function and reception rooms are beautiful.

Room Tip: Best rooms are high with a view of Post Office Square but all are good. Plenty of nearby places for...
Dear StephenHowarth,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am happy that you found our newly renovated lobby and function rooms beautiful and our accommodations comfortable. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Loved this place!!! The room was beautiful! We stayed on the floor with the pool and spa and took full advantage of this. The pool, changing area and hot tub were spotless.Loved the cozy robes and slippers in our room. I can't say enough about our room and how beautiful and charming it was. We valet parked our car and they staff was so polite and took care of anything we needed. I was worried because the location was in the business district and everything would be a far walk, but it was not. I would stay here again and again. Pricey but you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KAREN Z
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Karen Z,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted to read that you loved our hotel and especially enjoyed our accommodations and in room amenities, along with our pool and hot tub. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location within walking distance to the waterfront, Quincy Market and the local sights. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston soon.