“elegance and comfort”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sitka
“elegance and comfort”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My sister and I stayed here at the beginning of a New England/Maine coast vacation. We are so glad that we spent our first two nights surrounded by the elegance and comfort of the Langham. The attention to details, the spacious and beautiful room, and the welcoming atmosphere were much appreciated. The chandelier in the room, the turndown service and amenities felt decadent and wonderful : ) and the location was super for our purposes. Even in the unusual heat and humidity, walking to Quincy Market and the North End were easy from this location. This historic hotel actually felt quite modern, and the staff were always attentive, courteous, and helpful.

To give you an idea of the uniqueness of this hotel and the attention to details... we discovered adorable pink stationery in the desk that was so appealing we immediately had to take time to write letters. I think that's a first for me!

I would love to stay at this hotel again, and would recommend it to anyone staying in this area of the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Mandyevansak,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted that you and your sister had a memorable stay with us that exceeded your expectations. Thank you for complementing our colleagues for their attentive and courteous service. I am pleased that you enjoyed our spacious, elegant accommodations and that you both especially loved our Pink themed Stationary. Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay and on behalf of my colleagues and I, we look forward to welcoming you and your sister back to The Langham, Boston soon.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Edinburgh Scotland
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Easy cab ride from Logan & quick check in after flight from UK so pool was great to get into. Room was good size and had requested room 20 as previous reviewer had recommended this room. Pleased to say that we were assigned here & it is a lovely quiet room overlooking the park.
Hotel staff were all very courteous & friendly. Easy to walk to Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market from hotel also to city centre. Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Phone hotel to speak with Reservation staff & request type of room you would prefer.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Edinburgh18
Dear Edinburgh18,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am glad that our accommodations and services were enjoyable, and our location within walking distance to Quincy Market ideal. Thank you as well for mentioning the courteous and friendly service you received from our colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Top notch in every way! Romantic and beautiful! Service was outstanding! Staff was friendly and warm. We can't wait to go back. The hotel had all the special touches that we were looking for.
We only wish our stay was longer. The facilities were great. The fitness center well outfitted and the pool was inviting. Our room was immaculate. When we needed something it arrived instantly.

Room Tip: Not sure - our room was great , quiet and clean. This was our first stay.
1 Thank MikeandElfi
Dear MikeandElfi,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us and are looking to come back again soon. Thank you for mentioning the exceptional and friendly service you received from our colleagues. Please know that your comments have been shared with them. I am glad to read that our accommodations were immaculate and that you enjoyed our fitness and pool. Thank you again for your feedback and on behalf of my colleagues and I, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston soon.

Royersford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the July 4th holiday. We arrived at 7:30 am however the hotel was gracious enough to check us in early. The service was impeccable from the time we checked in and until we checked out. We had a probelm with our television a couple of times however prompt attention to handle the issue. The rooms are a little small however I would prefer to have the impeccable service vs a large room. Concierege was very helpful with referring options for transportation around the city, eateries, etc. I continue tho think what the world could look like if everyone addressed their jobs such as the staff at The Langham. We would definitely visit again.

Dear Monica J,

Thank you very much for your flattering review of your stay with us over July 4th. I am delighted to read that you had a memorable stay with us that exceeded your expectations. Thank you for complementing the impeccable service you received from our colleagues. I am pleased that you enjoyed our accommodations and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

Saint James, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My bride and I stayed at the Langham for three nights last week. The service was top notch from the moment we pulled up. We chose to valet park since it was easier and did not cost all that much more than self parking. I also asked for access to my vehicle (with my spare key) since there were items I shuffled back and forth. The concierge was kind enough to escort us to the vehicle. It was easily accessible.

We stayed in room 263 and it was very nice. The decor was tastefully done. We ate breakfast at the hotel one morning and it was delicious. A tad pricy but that was expected. It was worth it.

One night we ate dinner in the bar/restaurant Bond. I really liked that place. The menu was limited but everything was delicious. I found myself stopping in at the bar more often that usual. The drinks were great and the service was outstanding.

Overall a wonderful experience and I would stay at The Langham again in a heartbeat whenever in Boston.

The room was a little more that I usually like to spend, but after reading the reviews I decided to shoot a buck. I am very glad that I did.

Room Tip: Book directly through the hotel for free wireless internet access.
Dear Mike K,

Thank you for your flattering review of your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted that your stay with us exceeded your expectations, and that you found our accommodations and services enjoyable. Thank you as well for complimenting the “top notch” service you received from your colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you both back to The Langham, Boston on your next visit to the city.

Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed July 15, 2013

A truly delightful hotel in a convenient location. No more than a 10 minute walk to most sites and the harbor. Very accommodating staff and comfortable rooms. The pool was an added bonus on the scorching July 4th weekend!
Got a great last minute deal too. High marks on all points.

Dear Anita S,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you loved our pool, the comfortable accommodations, and our downtown location. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at the Langham in July, 2013e for a getaway weekend. When we checked in, we were assigned a room that we were not satisfeid with. The front desk acted quickly and moved us into a lovely room which satisfied us for the duration of the weekend. It was clean, quiet, and well maintained ba friendly staff. The location of the hotel was perfect for us, since we liked to go down to the water and was only a short walk to Quincy Market, Newberry Street etc. if you are not a walker, you might prefer to be right in the middle of one of the areas of preference, but the location here is certainly excellent and not surrounded by the hubbub of other places. there are 2 beautiful restaurants in the hotel and a very nice fitness area and indoor pool. I didn't find the staff super knowledgeable about restaurants etc., so do your homework before you get to Boston as to attractions and restaurants. All in all, a lovely hotel, great staff, comfortable accessories in the rooms and a place that I would stay at again.

1 Thank allanwexler27
Dear allanwexler27,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Langham, Boston for your getaway weekend. I am pleased to read that you had a memorable stay with us and loved our restaurants and location within walking distance to local attractions. Thank you as well for complementing our colleagues for their exceptional service, especially our Front Desk team who were able to quickly change your room. I am disappointed to read that you felt our colleagues were not well informed of nearby restaurants. I have spoken with our Head Concierge to ensure that our Front Office colleagues are knowledgeable of restaurants and local attractions. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston.