“Very good but not great”

The Langham, Boston
Ranked #18 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I just stayed here last night on a business trip. The location is terrific - in the heat of the financial district and an easy walk to plenty of sights and restaurants. The rooms are due for updating and the property is starting to look like it as at the end of its maintenance cycle. I hope they have some renovations in the works. Nonetheless, everything was clean and the staff was friendly and responsive. I stayed in Room 801 and a fair amount of traffic/siren noise came through at night.

Room Tip: Room 801 is big and nice with two double beds. It could use a fresh paint job, however, and you can...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Family_of_Five_DC,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. I am glad to read that our location in the heart of the financial district was ideally located and walkable, and that you found our accommodations clean and the service provided by our colleagues to be friendly. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (2,404)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed here on a recent business trip. I had a two room suite which included a large dining area, formal living area, separate king bedroom and two bathrooms. The public areas of the hotel are contemporary, stylish and sophisticated. The individual rooms are decorated in a very traditional style. It reminded me of my grandparent's home. Very nice but very traditional. The only negative comment I have about the hotel is that the sofa in my living area was a bit old and worn and needed replaced.

The fitness area is fully equipped with modern exercise equipment. A very relaxing pool area and hot tub with very large skylights allowing for plenty of sun and daylight.

I was able to enjoy room service one evening and it was truly one of the best room service meals I have ever had. Highly recommend the salmon and clam chowder.

The hotel is well located in the heart of the financial district and is within walking distance to most anything in this area of Boston.

Wonderful turn down service and the best part of the hotel is their bedding. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in while on the road and incredibly soft bed linens. Overall, a truly first class hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear LudwigNewportBeach,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Langham during your visit to Boston. I am pleased that your stay with us met your expectations and that you found our location in the financial district ideal and within walking distance to Boston attractions. I am delighted that you enjoyed our Turn Down Service and comfortable beds along with our In Room Dining offer. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Langham is a classy joint combining old world charm with a contemporary look. The rooms are spacious and well designed. The bedding is amazingly cozy. Your are bound to have a great night's sleep. The Bond restaurant is a terrific place for late night light dinners.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade to second floor executive rooms

Dear bbmf4,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am glad to read that you found our accommodations to be spacious with comfortable bedding, and our restaurant BOND to be terrific. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

What I will take away most about the Langham is that they really made us feel special for our wedding. We're thrilled we decided to block rooms with them. All of our guests loved their rooms, the service, the turn down, the atmosphere...everything! My now wife and I felt very taken care of throughout, as well. The little congratulatory notes that were left in our suite along with sweets and flowers really made a lasting impression that did not go overlooked. Brandon and Linda were fantastic throughout the planning process and we are thankful for their kindness and professionalism. My wife also got a massage at Chuan Spa on both Saturday and Sunday mornings and she had an amazing experience both times with Eileen.

We stayed in the contemporary suite, which was phenomenal for a wedding couple. Perfect space to get ready with friends and family stopping by. Beautiful views of the city from the windows and plenty of room for hair and makeup. Other folks loved their rooms, too, from the classic queen to the deluxe doubles or king rooms. The details really put the Langham over the top. I should also mention the beds were SO comfortable. Better than any hotel bed I've ever stayed in. I cannot rave enough about how great the conditions and services were throughout.

The Langham staff was phenomenal from top to bottom and we are so grateful and thankful for everyone there. We did have some issues firming up how many rooms remained on our block a few weeks prior to the wedding, but worked it out with Linda and Brandon with no negative effects on our wedding guests.

We will never forget our wedding and our time spent at the Langham. Thank you!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mary K,

Congratulations once again on your marriage! On behalf of everyone here at The Langham, we are delighted that we were able to provide a wonderful stay for you and your husband along with your guests. Thank you for mentioning the exceptional service you received from our colleagues, especially from Brandon, Linda and Eileen. Please know that your comments have been shared with them. Thank you again for allowing us the opportunity to accommodate you and your guests for such a special event and on behalf of myself and my colleagues, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip. The service, rooms, restaurant, and gym are all wonderful. The rooms are quite expensive but even so I would recommend staying here for special occasions.

Dear DDO89,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that you found our accommodations and services wonderful, and enjoyed our restaurants. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and we hope to welcome you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel is modern and classicat the same time. The staff are skilled and truly pleasant. We live in massachusetts but decided to stay in the city. The history of the building is very cool, the rooms are large, clean and updated with everything you need for technology. The b athrooms were spacious also. We used the gymn inthe morning, great cardio, weightlifting and pool.

The only area of improvement would be the valet service. It was really quite poor, it was a rainy weekend and we waited at least 20 minutes each time, regardless of time of day or calling ahead.

Room Tip: Go through hotwire, we paid a third of the price.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Cynthia M,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Langham during your visit to Boston. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the accommodations spacious and clean. Thank you for complementing our colleagues on their skilled and pleasant service. Regarding your comment about the Valet Service, I have spoken with the head of the Service to ensure that issues like this do not reoccur. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was in Boston visiting last Christmas. My hostess kicked me out and dumped me on the ferry to prepare for her family. I was told to not come back until dinner. Great move !
So, I had a couple of BM's on the ferry and walked historic Beacon Hill, etc. with no predetermined route. Am I ever happy I found this place. The lobby is amazing. I walked off the street and was transformed. Needing a pint I asked where the bar was. After finding it I was guided by a beautiful young lady up two sets of stairs, landing in between.
Look folks, I love dives and I love elegance provided there is atmosphere. The Langham is in its own way the nicest bar I've ever been in, period ! The space is enormous. i was very casual yet no eyebrows. I could smell money and the pea soup the gentlemen next to me were dining on. Kind of cool. Big money player's. I'm in the business like them and just observed. Bartender was great. I felt like a midget among giants which is not a bad thing since I'm 6' tall. Miss it and it's your problem.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear John G,

Thank you for your review of your visit to The Langham, Boston in December. I am delighted to read that you found our lobby amazing and enjoyed your time in our Bar and Lounge BOND. Thank you as well for mentioning that you feel it to be one of the “nicest bars” that you have been to. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston