“Boston's Charm at it's Best”

The Langham, Boston
Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Boston's Charm at it's Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel is modern and classicat the same time. The staff are skilled and truly pleasant. We live in massachusetts but decided to stay in the city. The history of the building is very cool, the rooms are large, clean and updated with everything you need for technology. The b athrooms were spacious also. We used the gymn inthe morning, great cardio, weightlifting and pool.

The only area of improvement would be the valet service. It was really quite poor, it was a rainy weekend and we waited at least 20 minutes each time, regardless of time of day or calling ahead.

Room Tip: Go through hotwire, we paid a third of the price.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Cynthia M,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Langham during your visit to Boston. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the accommodations spacious and clean. Thank you for complementing our colleagues on their skilled and pleasant service. Regarding your comment about the Valet Service, I have spoken with the head of the Service to ensure that issues like this do not reoccur. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was in Boston visiting last Christmas. My hostess kicked me out and dumped me on the ferry to prepare for her family. I was told to not come back until dinner. Great move !
So, I had a couple of BM's on the ferry and walked historic Beacon Hill, etc. with no predetermined route. Am I ever happy I found this place. The lobby is amazing. I walked off the street and was transformed. Needing a pint I asked where the bar was. After finding it I was guided by a beautiful young lady up two sets of stairs, landing in between.
Look folks, I love dives and I love elegance provided there is atmosphere. The Langham is in its own way the nicest bar I've ever been in, period ! The space is enormous. i was very casual yet no eyebrows. I could smell money and the pea soup the gentlemen next to me were dining on. Kind of cool. Big money player's. I'm in the business like them and just observed. Bartender was great. I felt like a midget among giants which is not a bad thing since I'm 6' tall. Miss it and it's your problem.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear John G,

Thank you for your review of your visit to The Langham, Boston in December. I am delighted to read that you found our lobby amazing and enjoyed your time in our Bar and Lounge BOND. Thank you as well for mentioning that you feel it to be one of the “nicest bars” that you have been to. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights at this classic hotel.

Has the high end feel of a 4 Seasons or Ritz Carlton.

You feel welcome. Rooms are nicely decorated. Solid furniture.

Bell service was a bit of a mess, not very attentive.

Very friendly staff.

A very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelCQ
Dear TravelCQ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased that you found our accommodations and services enjoyable, and our colleagues friendly. I am disappointed to hear about the Bell Service and have spoken with our Head Concierge to ensure that all Bell staff follow The Langham Service standards. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham.

Oegstgeest, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Excellent place, nice rooms, great service, beautiful pool and gym. Very central location in the financial district. Highly recommended for a business trip. Not sure or I would choose it if traveling with my family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Theo1965,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our central location in downtown Boston ideal. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to The Langham with your family on your next visit to Boston.

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We spent two days celebrating our first anniversary and honeymoon at The Langham, and I'm so glad we did. The room was tastefully decorated and the king bed was incredibly comfortable. We were in Room 509 and had a beautiful view overlooking the park.

The service was impeccable. Shortly after checking in, we received complimentary lemonade and a chocolate tray. Later that night, we returned to roses and chocolate truffles on our bed. I really appreciated the turn down service, so that each night we returned to the room tidied, curtains closed, slippers waiting by the bed, and truffles and a weather report on the pillows. (Btw, the slippers and robes were so soft and comfortable.)

The location of the hotel was perfect. Being in the financial district allowed the block to be quiet at night, but within short walking distance to anything you want to do in Boston. I will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Room 509 had a beautiful view overlooking the park and was incredibly quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle W
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Danielle W,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Langham, Boston to celebrate your honeymoon and first anniversary. I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us that exceeded your expectations. I am pleased that you found the service provided by our colleagues to be impeccable, and that the little anniversary touches during Turn Down helped to make your stay with us that much more memorable. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

Wolcott, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We thought we would treat ourselves with a stay at the Langham. The hotel was beautiful and well kept. We did a last minute booking which worked out really well for us. The valet was very kind and helpful. The room itself was nothing special. A basic room isn't even a king sized bed. It's a full. And although the bathroom is spacious and the room is clean I would have loved a lare comfortable bed to curl up in. It was not impressed by what was there instead. The pool however is clean and if you used it during the middle of the week it might be empty like it was for us. Overall, I have to say that this is not one of my favorite Boston hotels and I probably won't be rushing back.

Room Tip: If you want more than a basic room probably don't use a site like hotwire or priceline.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JackAttack3209
Dear boofy1018,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that you found our hotel beautiful and our accommodation spacious. I am disappointed however to read that the room category that you received was insufficient for your stay. The room category with the Queen Bed, however was what had been reserved via the third party website. Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay.

New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel, housed in a historic building in the heart of the Financial District, is conveniently located for both tourist and business travel. It has a small but pleasant gym that features a pool, rare in Boston, and a spa. The recently-redone lobby is very stark and contemporary, very much at odds with the gracious old-school decor of the lodgings themselves. We found the bed comfortable and the room well-appointed. Unfortunately, and surprising for an older building, the walls are quite thin. At times I felt like I was in a college dorm, with music blaring from rooms and the next-door TV and conversations audible. That, unfortunately, will keep us from coming back. I spoke with the front desk on more than one occasion and was assured we'd been assigned one of the quietest rooms, so if you are sensitive to noise or seek peace and quiet, you may want to look elsewhere. Finally, we had one odd experience that contrasted badly with the generally high-level of service practiced by the hotel. We needed to change 2 dollar bills for 8 quarters to feed the meter (hint: we really regretted not having valet parked - the self park is easy so we did it, but the garage (not operated by the hotel), will fleece you. The front desk gentleman gave us 4 quarters and sent us off on an ultimately unsuccessful wild goose chase across the hotel for the other 4. Because it was 6 PM on a Saturday, we couldn't even go to a nearby business. It was very odd that the hotel could not and did not try to find a way to change a second dollar bill. I acknowledge that the need for change is diminishing generally, but I didn't consider it an outlandish request. But that was just a hiccup, if a notable one. But for the relatively thin walls, we would return (and we would valet park!).

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Heather086,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted to read that you found our accommodations comfortable and our location in the Financial District ideally suited for both leisure and business needs. I am saddened to read that your stay did not meet your expectations due to the noise disturbances from the neighboring rooms, which I apologize for. Your comment regarding the difficulty to receive change from the Front Desk Agent is not a common occurrence at The Langham and I can only offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. I have followed up with our Front Of House Manager to ensure that this does not occur further. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back to The Langham, Boston.