The Langham, Boston
  • Fitness center
  • Fitness center
Omni Parker House(Boston)
2,480 results
All reviewsthe financial districtcafe fleuribond barchocolate barfederal reserve bankturn down servicepost office squaresuperior roomquincy marketbeautiful hotelfaneuil hallwithin walking distanceindoor poolfreedom trailthe north endnew englandbed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Being in and around Boston my whole life, I never heard of this hotel. Luckily that changed when my family and I went to the hotel's chocolate buffet on a Saturday afternoon.
Because it's in the financial district and it was a Saturday, we had no problems driving in. We parked in the hotel's parking garage for an all day fee of $15.
The hotel is beautiful with a great vintage pink car out front. The building was under construction but it was neat and there was no noise.
All of the desserts were scrumptious and they even tempered the sweets with warm, newly fried and salted potato chips. YUM! Everyone waited for each batch to arrive. Adding to the fun was a fantastic DJ spinning all types of current tunes, keeping the young kids dancing and the mood festive. And to top it all off were fantastic top shelf chocolate martinis that were $10 each.
The price ($40/adult, $28/5-12 y.o.) was a little steep but well worth it when you realized all the gourmet sweets on hand for the choosing.
We walked to Boston Common then the bombing memorial and made a day of it. When we returned, Tufts medical students were having a party and were greeted at the door by a staff member. A nice gesture highlighting a great day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear nasus7,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to The Langham, Boston for our Chocolate Bar. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the large array of chocolate desserts, freshly made potato chips, and the chocolate martinis. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston to partake again in our Chocolate Bar or to experience one of our other delicious offers.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful stay at The Langham!!!

Specifically:
- beautiful property in a well situated section of Boston. Can walk to or grab mass transit to everywhere from this downtown location
- staff, including concierge and front desk personnel were so accommodating and friendly
- rooms were spotless and beautifully appointed
- did not avail ourselves of the Chocolate Bar (although my 9 year old did beg) and Mother's Day brunch was sold out but did stop for coffee and croissant in the lobby cafe. Yum and service impeccable.
- Lobby is gorgeous. Rooms are very nice. Must mention there's a bit of a disconnect in the way they're decorated (lobby and other first floor common areas very modern and hip but rooms and upper floor halls quite traditional). Didn't offend me.
- The indoor pool area was one of the nicest I've ever seen in a hotel. Well maintained high end lounges and tables, beautiful locker rooms, abundant towel service and Kohler-appointed showers with body wash, shampoo and conditioner. The workout room overlooks the pool and hot tub area.
- My 6 and 9 year old were thrilled with the turndown service, the robes and slippers (even in their size) and the chocolates, of course.

I booked a last minute weekend rate directly with the hotel and would go again in a heartbeat if I could get a great price again.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear emcfish,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our location to be ideal with public transportation nearby. I am delighted to hear that you and your children loved the Spa and Pool area along with the Turn Down service. Thank you for complimenting the friendly service provided by our colleagues, especially from our concierge and front desk teams. We look forward to welcoming you and your children back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is one of those great old standards in Boston. I've been to other hotels in Boston with supposedly the same or higher star ratings than The Langham (Intercontinental and Onyx namely) that actually made me vow to never go back. Yes people the hotel you are in can play a very important role in wether or not you come back to a city. It's so rich in history and yet so modern at the same time but without losing it's identity. That rich history is still there in the hallways and in the rooms and in the kindness and professionalism of the staff.

When we arrived Keith was amazing! He is the absolute best! Before I could even crack my spine from sitting in the car so long he had all of our suitcases, bags, water and jackets on a cart - for six people! I learned a thing or two from Keith about luggage and I'm now honing my skill at loading luggage onto carts but that's beside the point. He then followed us to three different rooms dropping luggage off and insisting it was no problem and giving us tours of each room. Keith is the man!

Now, ordinarily I can only sleep in hotels if I am by myself because king sized beds and queen sized beds I find are never actually the size they claim to be, but that is not the case here. The bed was gigantic! I slept like a baby once I finally fell asleep. There are so many sort of little hidden surprises and amenities in the room. I love all of the products from the spa. It's such a user friendly and even work friendly hotel - except for free wifi only being in the lobby. Minor gripe though because I can get Internet other ways. The robes and slippers are awesome and almost beg you to put them on and yes you will see many other guests walking around in their robes and slippers. It's these little luxuries (not having your feet cold walking to the bathroom) that set The Langham at the top for me.

This hotel is very child friendly. My little one stayed in another room with the grandparents on a rollaway (a very comfy one) and had a blast. This was not the first time here for the little one though. The whole staff is so friendly to children and even the pool has toys stocked for kids. HOWEVER - I did not once during the entire stay run into any unruly children in the whole hotel, even in the pool. This is important as places can be child friendly but not adult friendly but here it's the perfect balance.

The spa, pool and exercise room are all pretty much connected and lovely. The changing room leading into the pool has the showers and all sorts of amenities and a nifty machine that dries your bathing suit in a few seconds when you're done. The pool itself is not huge but never seemed to be crowded. There is a lap lane and then a nice little area for people to do whatever they want. I very much enjoyed the lap lane and the blend because I was able to get some exercise in while the little one was able to swim back and forth slowly in the larger area with some assistance. It was all a lovely experience. Yes I like to exercise on vacation and no I don't think it's weird.

The bottom line is that all of the little touches, the staff, cleanliness all make this my favorite hotel in Boston. If I had to nitpick it would be that there was a little bit of a hard time ordering room service (the staff didnt seem to understand what gluten free options were and we were told the chef said they don't serve anything gluten free when I know they actually do) but it wouldn't be anything that would keep me from going back. Perfect location for a trip to Boston.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ms. A,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that The Langham is your favorite hotel in Boston. I am pleased to hear that you found our accommodations, especially the beds comfortable, and that you loved the various in room amenities. Thank you as well for mentioning our colleague Keith for his exceptional service. I have shared your comments with Keith and his team. In reference to your comment regarding Gluten Free food, our Food and Beverage Outlets Manager has revised the gluten free menu items with our In Room Dining servers. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

-genuine thoughtfulness,
-reservation requests made over phone were noted on our reservation when we arrived and followed through on without a reminder from us -and just a lovely tasteful atmosphere I hope to go back and have Tea in the newly decorated lounge area.We were there Mother's Day weekend and Afternoon Tea was fully booked

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear jernstrom3,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Langham, Boston over Mother’s Day weekend. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future, so that you may enjoy our Afternoon Tea in our new lobby lounge, The Reserve.

Serge Denis

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Beautiful hotel in an excellent location, close to all sightseeing and shopping places. Friendly staff and delightful service; the room was spacious, qite and well furnished. We had an extremely enjoyable staying. The only negative point were some impolite guests speaking loud in the corridor early in the morning; but this cannot be blamed on the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Monica P,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay at The Langham during your visit to Boston. I am pleased to hear that our accommodations and services were enjoyable, and our location ideally located for sightseeing. Thank you as well for complimenting our colleagues on their friendly service. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Serge Denis