“Great hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Melbourne
“Great hotel”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while on a coach tour, in a twin share bedroom. The room was quite large, and extremely well appointed. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the room was nice and quiet. The location is quite central, being near to all the tourist attractions. The staff went that extra bit further to make the stay comfortable; turn down service ( with chocolates!), slippers and mat laid out at the side of the bed, etc. the towels were full size, and fresh and fluffy. The buffet breakfast was plentiful, with a good range of selections.
A minor complaint only is the lack of free wifi in the hotel rooms; it's only available in the lobby area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Melbourneman1949,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay at The Langham, during your visit to Boston. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our accommodations quiet and comfortable. Thank you as well for mentioning that you enjoyed the small extra touches for Turn down Service, and how our location is ideal for sightseeing. Thank you again for taking your time to review your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Yorba Linda, California, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We flew in from California to attend our son's college graduation and stayed at The Langham. From the moment we got out of our taxi, the service was impeccable! From the doorman to the concierge, the housekeepers, the reservations personnel, and everyone in between, we were treated extremely well. We ordered room service one night and our dinner arrived in a timely manner and was delicious! Every evening, they provide a turndown service and give you a card with the next day's weather forecast and chocolates on your pillow; what a nice treat! The location is ideal, with a park just across the street and shops and food just a short walking distance away. We had a great time in the beautiful city of Boston, and I know that a big part of it was our very comfortable stay at this wonderful hotel. I strongly recommend it!

Room Tip: We had three rooms and two of them had Keurig coffee makers, while one had a regular drip coffee mak...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Melinda G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Langham during your visit to Boston for your son’s Graduation. I am delighted that your stay with us exceeded your expectations, and that you found our location and services enjoyable. Thank you as well for complimenting our colleagues for their exceptional service during your stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and your family to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

New York
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was in this hotel for a conference and really enjoyed the overall experience. Although set in the former Fed Reserve building, the hotel boasts just the right amount of contemporary chic with the grandiose structure. The front and back lobbies are airy and classy in a very chic way, with tufted lounge chairs and just the right amount of décor. Room is small, thankfully there is high ceiling as a relief. Linens and sheets are preciously soft and the hotel is generous with amenities and evening chocolate bits.
The best is the breakfast. It is one of the most sumptuous buffets I have had in my memory, with the freshest of everything, incredible variety and reasonable price. Too bad they have to wrap up around 10am, evening on a Saturday!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear jmw245,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay with us at The Langham during your visit to Boston. I am delighted that you found our hotel to be classy and chic and our in room amenities generous. Thank you as well for mentioning our breakfast buffet, and I am pleased to read that you think it is “the best”. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boson.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I am born and raised in Boston but stay at local hotels several times a year. I like to treat my city like tourist. I knew the Langham had a great location from my life-long years in the City but I was beyond impressed with the location at night. So close to all the great tourist attractions. If I were traveling here from out of town, I would definitely be happy with my selection. The hotel lobby was impressive and I literally gasped out loud upon entering. Our room was spacious and on a high floor (just as requested). Comfy beds and linens. Turn-down service was a special treat. I would absolutely be back as a mini-staycation and recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear iamamsterdam,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at The Langham. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our accommodations comfortable and our location ideal for sightseeing. I am happy to hear that you found our newly renovated lobby to be impressive. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next mini-staycation in Boston.

Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

From the time we walked in, until the minute we were leaving, we were never wanting for anything at this hotel. The staff takes great care of you here. The lobby was immaculate, and they even had a welcome drink set up for guests. The room was nice and quiet, and with the curtains closed it was like a cave! Perfect for sleeping! My only complaint would be that the bed was a little hard, which didn't lead to the best nights sleep, but nothing worth changing rooms over. The pool & hot tub were nice amenities which we took advantage of and are easy to access as guests. There was also an expansive fitness center in the pool area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doug O
Dear Doug O,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that your stay exceeded your expectations and that our services along with our Pool and Spa were enjoyable. Thank as well for complimenting our hotel staff. We are constantly striving for service perfection so it is nice to see that in your case we achieved our goal. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

San Jose, California
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I love this hotel!! The rooms are really comfortable from the room size to the fluffy towels to the posh bed to the temperature. Most hotels have "dead" air pumped into the rooms but my room at the Langham was the perfect temperature always, cooling down at night which made it feel fresh and very restful. The staff are very helpful and the food is excellent -- fabulous small plates in the bar and the best Greek yogurt with berries, homemade granola, honey and slivered mint for breakfast! Yum! The concierge recommended an excellent restaurant for dinner our first night a couple blocks away that we enjoyed so much we returned two nights in a row. Whenever I need to travel to Boston, I will return to the lovely Langham.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank epicureangal
Dear epicureangel,

Thank you for your flattering review! I am delighted to read that your stay exceeded your expectations and that our accommodations comfortable and our colleagues helpful. I am happy that you found the food excellent, and that you will be returning to The Langham on your next visit to Boston. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward tow welcoming you back soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I just stayed at the Langham this week after being unable to get a reservation at the Ritz or the Four Seasons, two franchises that keep my hotel standards very high.

After reading the positive reviews, I booked two nights at the Langham for business. Here are the positives and negatives:

Positives:
* Quick and efficient checkout, courteous and very helpful staff
* Beautiful lobby and bars and restaurants
* Superb location in downtown Boston, very safe and close to great attractions
* Convenient to the financial district
* Comfortable beds

Negatives:
* The room I stayed in on the 8th floor was very disappointing
* The room had substantial wear and tear including loose fixtures and creaky furniture
* Top of the hotel is a glass pyramid, which brings a lot of light into the room. Drapery is awkward given 45 degree slanted windows in the room.
* Business center fees are a little ridiculous given cost of staying at the hotel (computers use credit card swipes only)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Urbane_Biz_Traveler
Dear Hot_Squanto,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that you found our colleagues to be courteous and helpful and our lobby and restaurants beautiful. I am saddened however that you were disappointed by our business center fees. I will bring this to the attention of my operations team. Thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.