“Luxury and Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Luxury and Location”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I am born and raised in Boston but stay at local hotels several times a year. I like to treat my city like tourist. I knew the Langham had a great location from my life-long years in the City but I was beyond impressed with the location at night. So close to all the great tourist attractions. If I were traveling here from out of town, I would definitely be happy with my selection. The hotel lobby was impressive and I literally gasped out loud upon entering. Our room was spacious and on a high floor (just as requested). Comfy beds and linens. Turn-down service was a special treat. I would absolutely be back as a mini-staycation and recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear iamamsterdam,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at The Langham. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our accommodations comfortable and our location ideal for sightseeing. I am happy to hear that you found our newly renovated lobby to be impressive. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next mini-staycation in Boston.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

From the time we walked in, until the minute we were leaving, we were never wanting for anything at this hotel. The staff takes great care of you here. The lobby was immaculate, and they even had a welcome drink set up for guests. The room was nice and quiet, and with the curtains closed it was like a cave! Perfect for sleeping! My only complaint would be that the bed was a little hard, which didn't lead to the best nights sleep, but nothing worth changing rooms over. The pool & hot tub were nice amenities which we took advantage of and are easy to access as guests. There was also an expansive fitness center in the pool area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doug O
Dear Doug O,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that your stay exceeded your expectations and that our services along with our Pool and Spa were enjoyable. Thank as well for complimenting our hotel staff. We are constantly striving for service perfection so it is nice to see that in your case we achieved our goal. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

San Jose, California
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I love this hotel!! The rooms are really comfortable from the room size to the fluffy towels to the posh bed to the temperature. Most hotels have "dead" air pumped into the rooms but my room at the Langham was the perfect temperature always, cooling down at night which made it feel fresh and very restful. The staff are very helpful and the food is excellent -- fabulous small plates in the bar and the best Greek yogurt with berries, homemade granola, honey and slivered mint for breakfast! Yum! The concierge recommended an excellent restaurant for dinner our first night a couple blocks away that we enjoyed so much we returned two nights in a row. Whenever I need to travel to Boston, I will return to the lovely Langham.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank epicureangal
Dear epicureangel,

Thank you for your flattering review! I am delighted to read that your stay exceeded your expectations and that our accommodations comfortable and our colleagues helpful. I am happy that you found the food excellent, and that you will be returning to The Langham on your next visit to Boston. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward tow welcoming you back soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I just stayed at the Langham this week after being unable to get a reservation at the Ritz or the Four Seasons, two franchises that keep my hotel standards very high.

After reading the positive reviews, I booked two nights at the Langham for business. Here are the positives and negatives:

Positives:
* Quick and efficient checkout, courteous and very helpful staff
* Beautiful lobby and bars and restaurants
* Superb location in downtown Boston, very safe and close to great attractions
* Convenient to the financial district
* Comfortable beds

Negatives:
* The room I stayed in on the 8th floor was very disappointing
* The room had substantial wear and tear including loose fixtures and creaky furniture
* Top of the hotel is a glass pyramid, which brings a lot of light into the room. Drapery is awkward given 45 degree slanted windows in the room.
* Business center fees are a little ridiculous given cost of staying at the hotel (computers use credit card swipes only)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Urbane_Biz_Traveler
Dear Hot_Squanto,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that you found our colleagues to be courteous and helpful and our lobby and restaurants beautiful. I am saddened however that you were disappointed by our business center fees. I will bring this to the attention of my operations team. Thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

Manchester, Connecticut, USA
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My old college room mate and I (middle aged women) stayed here for a couple nights the week of the Boston marathon. Located in the heart of the financial district, we found the hotel to be just minutes away walking to Faneuil Hall and the North End. There were coffee shops, pubs and restaurants all across from the hotel also. We started each morning in the post office square garden across from the hotel with coffees in hand. The hotel was beautifully decorated and the rooms were nice and clean, and we both slept well. The last day of our visit we were on lockdown along with the rest of Boston and were advised not to leave the hotel due to the bombings that had occurred. The staff was professional about it and we both felt very safe while there and lucky to be staying there!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear crizee,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at The Langham, Boston during the Boston Marathon. I am pleased that despite the circumstances with the lockdown, you had an enjoyable stay with us that met your expectations. I am delighted to read that the service provided by our colleagues was professional and made you feel safe. We look forward to welcoming you and your guest back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

Albany, NY
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at the Langham for a business meeting in early May and was the reservation was made for me by my company. I was a little reluctant until I found out the meetings were being held right on-site. I generally like Westin, Marriott or Four Seasons. The hotel was great - clean, great service, friendly staff, etc. It has that 'stuffy' feel, but not too bad - not like some other old school hotels. I would return just due to the friendly and helpful staff as well as clean/well maintained facilities.

Room Tip: Corner room are a bit more roomy for the same price.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear STEBAY711,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at The Langham during your visit to Boston. I am delighted to read that the service you received from our colleagues was friendly and helpful and our accommodations clean and enjoyable. On behalf of my colleagues and I, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

seattle
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is great for the business traveler who has grown to expect exceptional service. The hotel lobby is recently renovated making it much easier to get in and out not to mention it is lovely. The meeting space is a bit chopped up and does not flow easily from guest rooms to meeting space, but other than that, it's a great place to stay. Lots of exceptional restaurants within walking distance. You can't beat the Pink Lady -- the hotel's London cab in bright pink!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room as the bathrooms are larger.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lisa h,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that you found our newly renovated lobby to be lovely and that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am happy that you found our location ideal and that you loved our Pink Lady Taxi. We hope to welcome you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.