The Langham, Boston
$344
$245
Priceline
2,512 results
All reviewsthe financial districtcafe fleuribond barchocolate barfederal reserve bankturn down servicepost office squaresuperior roomquincy marketbeautiful hotelfaneuil hallwithin walking distanceindoor poolfreedom trailthe north endnew englandbed was very comfortable
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I liked the room, location, and facilities but the concierge recommended a closed restaurant and the creamer for the coffee in the room was old and clumped. Not what I expected from a five star hotel. The pool and hot tub were nice though and we did make use of them.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Mickigwinn,

Thank you for your review of your stay at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our accommodations and location. However, I am terribly sorry to read that the creamer for the coffee in the room was old and I do apologize for this mishap. I have alerted our housekeeping staff accordingly to prevent such reoccurrence. Thank you for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Needed a hotel close to the Orpheum for an overnight stay. I found The Langham in my search, since we had an excellent experience at The Langham in London I thought it would be a good choice and we were not disappointed. A beautiful hotel with an outstanding staff. From the prompt valet service and the front desk which got us into our room quickly and ahead of check in time to the Concierge that walked us to the bar (The Bond) because he thought the route might be a little tricky from where we were when we asked directions. Room was very comfortable with excellent HVAC controls. Every hotel could learn from The Langhams turn down service. The only hiccup in our brief stay was the hotel car could not be utilized to get us to The Orpheum due to no driver.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trektaker
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear trektaker,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Langham, Boston. I am delighted to read that you found our hotel beautiful and our colleagues to be outstanding, with exceptional service by our Turn Down attendants and our Concierge. Please know that your comments have been shared with the respective departments. I hope that on your next visit to The Langham, the Pink Taxi will be available during your stay. Thank you again for your flattering review and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston on your next visit.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I decided to go away for the weekend and realized that it coincides with the day that we got engaged 23 years ago. So we thought it was a great opportunity to go to Boston (where he proposed) and stay at the Langham where we actually stayed that day in 1990 (when it Le Meridien). I actually have the room key from that time and asked the reservation agent about that specific room and explained why. We ended up not booking that room (it apparently turned into a double bed room so not very romantic) but the whole stay we were treated amazingly even though I only mentioned the circumstances to the reservation agent and not anyone else.
We were greeted super warmly, congratulated on the day and upgraded to a higher level king room. After we got into the room there was a knock on the door and we got a tray with prosecco, really good chocolate truffles with "welcome back" written out in chocolate as well as a handwritten note from staff. Thought that was super thoughtful.
The room was very spacious with a sitting area and a nice window. The linens were of very good quality. We loved the Bond for drinks - check out this gorgeous room.
As an aside, had an amazing meal at Oleana in Cambridge. We got a late check out and bottled water in our car from the valet. I thought it was a good deal-$239 inc free parking ($30 usually)and full breakfast. We loved the place and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear ilasik,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston for your Engagement celebration. I am delighted that you and your husband loved your stay with us and that our colleagues were able to make your stay with us that much more special. I am pleased to read that you found our accommodations spacious and comfortable and that you loved BOND. Thank you again for sharing your special stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you both back to The Langham, Boston.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in the Junior Executive Suite on the seventh floor for our 25th anniversary. We enjoyed a very pleasant visit and would gladly return.

The hotel's service is the most outstanding characteristic of the Langham. All the staff we met, from the housekeepers to the concierge, were polite, well trained, and friendly. The hotel's staff is plentiful as well, doorman, greeters, bellhops, spa technicians, etc, available at all times, so bring plenty of tip money.

The room is clean, quiet, and well appointed. Slippers and robe are provided as is a complete mini bar with top shelf booze, soda, and snacks. The shower is hot and strong. The bed is very comfortable. The hotel is located in the middle of the financial district, a forest of tall office buildings, and our window looked over a small park directly across from the opposite structure, so the view is interesting but not inspiring.

Since we purchased the Weekend Getaway Package, the hotel delivered champagne and chocolates to the room soon after we arrived. We enjoyed a delicious, hot breakfast delivered to the room, but did not try the restaurant or bar.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking a luxury style hotel in downtown Boston.

• Stayed: March 2013
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear nekron99,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that you and your wife had an enjoyable 25th Anniversary celebration with us and that you found our accommodations to be comfortable and quiet. I am extremely delighted to read that you found the service provided by our colleagues to be outstanding. We are constantly striving for service perfection so it is nice to see that in your case we achieved our goal. We hope to welcome you and your wife back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I love the city of Boston and just returned. THe Langham was the perfect choice for my stay. It is in the "financial district" which made it close and convenient for everything. I was able walk from the South Street Station in 5 minutes. I then shopped on Newbury Street, walked the Freedom Trail and did Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market. It was centrally located to everything!

However, that was not even the best part of my stay. The hotel was luxurious and elegant with a beautiful well appointed room. The furniture was over the top as well as the bedding. I felt like I was sleeping in a cloud. The bathroom was equipped with a warm soft robe, slippers and all the amenities that you could need. The tile and granite were beautiful. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was attentive from the moment the doorman welcomed me to The Langham. Check in was efficient and helpful and although I arrived early, they were helpful in getting me into my room immediately.

The Reserve in the lobby is a great place to meet friends or have a meeting. You can have tea, cocktails and breakfast there as well in the morning.

After a long day, I returned to the hotel and went for a swim in the heated pool and enjoyed the hot tub while lounging in the teak chairs around the pool reading my kindle! In the morning I was able to use the fitness center which has a good supply of new top of the line equipment.

I never made it to Bond but heard people saying it was a great spot. Next time I will be sure to make time to experience it. And I don't want to miss the Chocolate Bar and Sunday Brunch!

I cannot think of one thing that could have made my stay more comfortable. I travel to Chicago and NYC and am looking forward to new opening of The Langham in those cities this spring and summer. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sandybeach49

Dear sandybeach49,

Thank you for your flattering review of your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us and found our accommodation elegant and comfortable. I am pleased that you found our new lobby lounge The Reserve to be an ideal meeting place, whether for leisure or business and that you found our pool to be relaxing. During your next stay with us, we hope that you will be able to experience our Chocolate Bar and / or Sunday Brunch. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.