“Luxury accommodations and service, luxury price tag”

The Langham, Boston
Ranked #22 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Luxury accommodations and service, luxury price tag”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Langham Boston is what you'd expect from an upper-class, sophisticated and somewhat expensive hotel. It has a complementary pool and fitness center, turn-down, a chocolate bar, two restaurants, and absolutely the best in service... Anything you ask for, they'll get you. Most of the concierges and registration desk attendants I talked with had European accents from either France or the U.K., which added an air of class to the place. I was impressed by the room and the stay here while on business for two nights in February, and only wish I had more time to check out more of the ABUNDANCE of hotel amenities they provided. In addition, the location was within walking distance (two blocks) to subways and my business in the Financial district...I'm just glad I didn't have to pay for the stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear spf24,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Langham on your visit to Boston. I am delighted to read that we were able to exceed your expectations and found our accommodations and services enjoyable. I am pleased that you found the level of service from our colleagues to be exemplary and out amenities in “abundance”. I thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Farmington, Maine, USA
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great location for whatever reason you are in the city(business or pleasure) The staff is very attentive and pleasant both during and after you leave. A great weekend getaway and probably the best beds I have ever slept in at a hotel. A very classy hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Maureen 659,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that you found our location ideal and our staff attentive, and that you though our beds to be “the best beds” at a hotel. I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

Bolton, CT
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My family stayed at the Langham Hotel last weekend for a college-visit weekend. I got two adjoining rooms for $164 each. The rooms were large, clean and very comfortable. For the price, this hotel is a real bargain. We walked to Faneuil hall area as well as Boston Commons area. Conceirage was good. The food in the lobby bar was very good for a late night casual meal. No free wi-fi in room only in lobby area. Weekend parking was $30 per day. There is a spa and pool but we di not have time to use them.
The Bond is a dance club later in the night -- not for kids, we left them upstairs! The brunch is one of the best brunches we have ever had. It is $58 pp but worth it - amazing assortment of very good food.
I would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room away from the street to avoid garbage truck noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joshua H
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear dash1_98,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our accommodations large and confortable and our location ideally located. We are delighted that you loved our Sunday Brunch and I thank you again for taking the time to review your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next visit to Boston.

Hamilton Square, New Jersey
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I stay in Boston hotels frequently because he has family there. We have sampled at least 10 different hotels there, this hotel was the best.

Incredible in every way. Luxurious rooms with heated floors and towel racks in bath. My husband was going away with the military for a year, and they upgraded us for no charge and thanked him for his service.

We went to the jazz brunch with friends and it was excellent. There was every kind of food from breakfast staples to a raw bar and exotic meats like wild boar and ostrich! Beautiful hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Candace C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you found our hotel beautiful and our rooms luxurious. I am delighted to read that our Front Office team looked after you and your husband during your stay and that you loved our Jazz Brunch. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to The Langham, Boston on your next visit.

Cloquet, Minnesota
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and i just returned from a week in Boston, and loved our relaxing "home-base" of The Langham. If you are the kind of person who likes it when hotels pay attention to detail...and their clients, then The Langham is for you. From the comfy beds, well appointed rooms,slippers, robes, nice hotel deals(check the internet) and the staff who treats you like you are the only one staying there, it was well worth the price. The little details are really too many to mention. You couldn't get a better location. We walked the Freedom Trail from end to end, and then some, and the Langham is centrally located within all that Boston has to offer. My husband forgot his swim suit to use the nice pool, so we walked a few blocks to TJ Maxx and bought a new one. We used the spa services too--exceptional--ask for Marco. The pool and spa is located on the 3rd floor--no walking through the lobby to get to the pool! Cabs were plentiful.

Room Tip: They were nice. I understand some have better views. We were out so much we didn't notice the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JaemMN,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted that you loved our hotel and that we were able to provide a “home” for you while in Boston. We are continuously striving for service perfection and I am pleased that we succeeded. I have happily shared your comments with the department managers and with Marco in Chuan Body & Soul. I thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to The Langham, Boston.

California
Reviewed February 21, 2013

You know when something is so good you don't want to tell anyone? Well this place is truly awful, please stay away. I am of course kidding, the Langham is spectacular. I have yet to find a hotel that is this all-round amazing. And with such consistency! This was my second trip to the Boston Langham, and it was even better than the last. I like to do a birthday weekend, complete with constant in-room service and spa treatments. I barely left my room in two days (I finally popped out and saw some of Boston on the final day, but it was a close call), so I can tell you everything there is to know about every service offered. Everything at this place is perfect. The service, the views, the location, the food! I normally do pros and cons, but I seriously can't think of a con and my pros would last forever, so I offer you my highlights:

I asked for a DVD player on arrival, and received one promptly, and the man who installed it was extremely courteous and polite and quick.
I had in room dining about 4 times during my stay, and each time the food arrived exactly as scheduled, tasted delicious and was not all that expensive!
The spa!!! I wish I could remember the name of the lady who treated me at the Chai Body and Soul (my treatment was Dec 29, 2012 if anyone can help me) because she was amazing. I had a scrub, massage and facial and it was worth every penny. Not only that but the woman was super friendly and very knowledgeable, we hit it off- it felt like talking to an old friend. I've never been more comfortable and relaxed in my life. I went back to my room and sort of melted unto the bed where I stayed for quite awhile. I've had treatments since, and they simply don't compare.
Reception/front desk/doormen- highly commendable, the kind of outstanding service you expect from a world class chain like the Langham, but with the added charm of a Boston drawl.

Honestly, I wouldn't go anywhere else, just spectacular!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Meftihe,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in December at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that your second stay with us was memorable and that it exceeded your expectations. I am delighted that you love your accommodations, Chuan Body & Soul and our food and beverage offer, and that you feel that we are one of your favorite hotels. Thank you again for your flattering review and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

Brookline, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I recently surprised my boyfriend for his birthday with fun-filled night at BOND (a fabulous lounge at The Langham) followed by an overnight stay at the hotel. Everything and everyone was impeccable. The decor and ambiance of the newly renovated main lobby instantly made us forget that we were even in Boston. It felt like we took a weekend trip to some magical sanctuary! After the quick and friendly check in, we went up to the room to leave our bags. We were impressed the minute we walked into our superior room overlooking the Commons. The bathroom was super spacious and perfectly lit (very important when you need to do your makeup!) and lavish decor of the room with plush bedding made it hard for us to go downstairns! Nonetheless, we did, and ended up having a great time dancing the night away at BOND. In-room dining (breakfast) the next AM was terrific. Speaking of dining, I have had lunch with clients at Langham's BOND as well as Cafe Fleuri in the past year and the food is phenomenal. Anything from gourmet burgers to chilled seafood to small plates to afternoon tea and let's not forget perfect cocktails was stellar.

Upon checking out, I had one more surpirse up my sleeve: couples massage at Chuan Spa right there on the 3rd floor at the Langham. I am a spa snob, and even I was blown away by the level of expertise of Chuan's massage therapists, locker room, waiting area, hot tub and pool! My boyfriend was equally impressed and at the end he said: Wow, this place is truly a one stop shop! We will both recommend it to our couple-friends and out of town guests because it truly doesn't get better than this in Boston if you are looking for vibrant nightlife scene, lavish accomodations, world class cusine and spa. We look forward to our next fabulous stay-cation at The Langham Boston!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luba G
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Luba G,

Thank you for your flattering review of your recent stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted to read that you and your boyfriend had a wonderful surprise birthday stay that exceeded your expectations! I am pleased that you found our newly renovated lobby to be magical, our accommodations to be lavish and plush, and that you had a wonderful experience in BOND and at Chuan Body & Soul. I have shared your comments with all the respective departments. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your boyfriend back to The Langham, Boston soon!