“Dublin girls shopping trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Langham, Boston
Ranked #16 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dublin, Ireland
“Dublin girls shopping trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I recently returned from a memorable stay at the Langham. It's location is super, it's a lovely hotel, and the staff were exceptionally helpful. We also got a very good deal there. I would highly recommend it, and will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AnneL123
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear AnneL123,
Thank you for your review on your recent stay at The Langham Boston. We are delighted that you had a memorable stay with us. I am happy that you found our hotel to your liking and thank you as well for complimenting our hotel staff. We are constantly striving for service perfection so it is nice to see that in your case we achieved our goal. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Serge Denis, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

To be very honest, I stayed at this hotel as I could not find any availability with decent rates in the Copley area where I usually stay when I travel to Boston. So based on reviews here and there, I tried the Langham and I have to say that I was very very pleased! Perhaps the financial district is no the fanciest or lively area in Boston, but it's very well located from Quincy Market or the North End and it's great restaurants and cafes and also not very far away from Copley. It was also walking distance to the meeting I had to attend, so it was good! My room was a very nice one, as you can see in the pic and I felt well and comfortable with a great bed too! Staff were very friendly and cooperative! I will definitely consider staying at the Langham on my next trip to Boston!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Chispito,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Langham, Boston. I am happy that you had a pleasant first stay with us and that you found our accommodations comfortable and to your liking. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service, and I am pleased that our staff have represented us well and succeeded. Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back to The Langham on your next trip to Boston. Serge Denis
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Langham definitely makes an effort at being a trendy. They have a lounge/dance club that they try to say is one of the best in Boston. The lobby is nice, but nothing spectacular. The rooms are comfortable with all the right amenities. Overall, the hotel has everything needed to make it trendy. And, it kinda is. Oh, the most important thing - they have an obnoxiously high price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was greeted with warm welcome upon arrival and had my room upgraded. The Langham Boston, not only located close to Washington Street and Quincy Market; it is close to all sorts of amenities.
I would definitely stay at the Langham Boston again on any of my subsequent visits.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed twice for business. Rooms well appointed, and hotel is within walking distance of South Station. Hotel charges for wireless and when I complained about it on my second visit they waived the fee. Had the potatoes for breakfast and They were excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Limerick, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

My 1 night stay cost me 429dollars inclusive. I requested breakfast to be included at that price as it was a tues night and nov 13 th. A very haughty desk clerk absolutely refused my requuest. My room was for 2 people and as I was alone I thought a simple breakfast of any description would be granted but no. I was livid. I had 2 friends staying there who paid 700 dollars for 4 nights accommodation and felt my request was not unreasonable. I visited the concierges desk for directions to Macy's but he was immersed in the computer and did not lift his head so I started off and asked the first stranger. My experience of the Langham was a bitter one. I was denied an opportunity to meet the Manager ad the desk clerk said he was IT. I travel a lot and live outside my native country Ireland about 4 months a year. I have never experienced such negativity. I more than paid for a breakfast at 429 dollars

• Stayed November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank gabriel31
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear gabriel31,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. As I believe I had the opportunity to previously communicate with you and to mention how sorry I was to read that your experience with our property was not a positive one. I certainly appreciate the fact that, nowadays, every traveler is looking for value and Langham Hotels do offer attractive value packages including breakfast and other amenities. However these have to be offered in a rational and consistent manner and could not simply be left to the discretion of our front office personnel. I sincerely regret that you did not have an opportunity to address your concern with me personally before your departure. I do hope we shall have the pleasure to welcoming you back in Boston in a not too distant future
Serge Denis
Managing Director
Edinburgh, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife & I stayed here for 5 nights in October and were impressed from the moment we pulled up outside and were greeted by the doorman. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and our room - a superior king - was a good size with all the usual amenities. We were on a B&B rate so had breafast in Cafe Fleuri - the first 3 days had a buffet option which was good, but on the other 2 it was a la carte only which was even better. The hotel's downtown location means it is close to most of the sights and it's only a 20 minute or so walk (or quick subway ride) to Back Bay.

We would certainly stay here next time we are in Boston.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple