“Loved It” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lincs
“Loved It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here with friends for 4 nights in September and loved the hotel There is not much happening close to the hotel but it is only a ten minute or so walk to Faneiul marketplace, Freedom trail and Waterfront which was fine.
We had a superior room which was very comfortable although not very big and we appreciated the turndown service. We found the staff very polite and helpful especially the 2 housekeeping girls. We didnt use the bar or restaurant so cant comment on them. We were disappointed to find the Sunday Brunch was not on while we stayed as we had heard so many good reviews. The indoor pool was really appreciated we managed to have a quick swim before we set out each day, and we.used to walk down in our lovely fluffy dressing gowns.
I would recommend the 2 day hop on hop tour off if it is your first visit to Boston we did full tour one day including a harbour trip and then just stopped of where we fancied the second day, including trip to Harvard.
All in all it was a lovely stay and would stay again if the price was right.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Barrington, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We have finally found our fav boston hotel.
My first stay at Langham in Boston, also first Langham experience outside of Langham Place at PEK airport. Now, bsed on the PEK location, I had high expectations. The L Boston exceeded in everyway.

I arrived at 7am after a red eye back from LAX. It was raining and I could not get a cab from South Station. Yes in hind sight, should have taken a cab... I walked into theLangham drenched. Not only did they get me a towel before I checked in, they even moved things around to let give me access to my a room! at 7am! This was a conf week and hotel was full. THis allowed me to freshen up and change before going to my conference. Normally, this would not be possible in most hotels, and would not be a big deal, but considering I was wet from the rain, this was a big help to me...

I am a gateway member and member benefits were in the room when I got upstairs.

Location is very convenient for all. 25min walk to convention center. 7 min walk to Omni Parker House (boston common), Quincy market. 10-15min from South station and Childrens museum. Location is similar to Hilton downtown (2 blocks away), but rooms, service, overall much better than Hilton (seems to be a trend here, Langham beating similarly priced and located Hilton, just like PEK). Intercon location is closer to Childrens museum, but all other stes are about a wash, service and rooms similar, but Langham just feels much more at home.

My family drove up from RI to join me a common occurrence when I have a room in Boston. Check in was easy for them. Asked my wife which of the recent downtown hotels we stayed at in the past 2 months in Boston, no hesitation with Langham being the best. My for year old chose L Hotel vs I and H hotel.

Made a mistake with parking. Valet is $42, which is normal for Boston downtown. Tried to save a few $$ self parking next door. $40/day no tip. BUT, thei day ends at 5am. So in 2m, out 1pm next was 2 days $80. Bet Langham would have charged me just the $42 + tip. Wont make that mistake again...

Lobby bar is nice, great seating for business and leisure. Dessert selection is small, but delicious. prices were reasonable as well.

Already booked another room for after thanksgiving trip. Not oftendo we love a hotel, this on we love.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The Langham, Boston was an oasis of calm in an otherwise hectic (but fabulous) trip to Boston in late October. From the effortless check in to charmimg goodbye several days later this hotel was as luxurious and warmly comforting as the fluffy bathrobes provided in my room.
The room style is old world Parisian, spacious and with lots of thoughtful modern touches to make your stay easy and comfortable. I was there for a wedding and housekeeping helped out with all sorts of items I forgot - from cellotape and scissors; iPhone charger adaptors and teaching me to use the coffee machine; to an excellent dry cleaning service. Nothing was too much trouble.
Located in the heart of Boston's financial district, it would be perfect should you be visiting on business but also worked for me as a tourist. It is also close to Little Italy and Chinatown and within walking distance to the harbour and the Boston public gardens. The valet parking service is also cheaper than using any of the nearby parking garages so do take advantage of it if you have a car there (as I did).
I have stayed at a few hotels in Boston and The Langham is definitely the standout.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Whatkatiepdid
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My recent stay at the Langham was simply great. The hotel is clean, sophisticated, well staffed and comfortable. I was there during Hurricane Sandy and the steps they took to keep the clients informed and taken care of was exceptional. Its located well in the financial district and they make great efforts to ensure you are getting everything you need. The rooms were very nicely appointed and the services throughout the day in the room were excellent. They leave notes about the next day's weather at the turn down service. The security in the lobby makes you feel very safe and welcomed.
I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for only one night on a weekend to Boston and although it's one of the pricier hotels I've stayed in recently, the service and facilities are amazing and if you want to spend a little extra cash, it definitely is a relaxing way to do so. The beds are VERY comfortable and the rooms have all those little extra bits and pieces you expect in a high-end hotel. Really close walking distance to anything you need. The Bond bar inside the hotel is a must for pre-dinner drinks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol/Dawlish, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at The Langham (pre-cruise) for two nights. Prior to arriving we had made several requests. We had booked a limo transfer ($150) a bit pricey but worth every penny. From leaving our plane, clearing passport control, getting our cases and clearing customs took 30 minutes!!! (unheard of in the US). The first thing we saw was our driver - the car was clean and the driver well presented - we were at the hotel in 15 minutes.

On arrival at The Langham everything was great. Warmly greeted. Cases taken care of. Front desk staff exceptional. We were shown to an excellent room on the 5th floor. Very clean and well presented. Beds were great. Room Service top marks too. We had pre-ordered flowers and wine - all ready in our room on arrival also.

Throughout our stay the team at the Langham could not have been more professional and friendly.

Was everything perfect? Well no - we had one bad experience with our booking in Bond. This left us more than unhappy. But what makes a good hotel stand out from a bad hotel is the way they deal with feedback. The next morning we asked to speak with the duty manager and Anton duly arrived in our room. He apologised for the error (Human of course!) and more than adequately dealt with the situation so that the negative was turned into a big positive and we left not only happy customers but we would return without doubt and would also highly recommend .... It is so important that hotels recognise the value of customer service and staff can make or break an experience. The Langham Boston has got it right!

We will go definitely back one day ..... if only so we can eat at Bond which we missed out on.

Location excellent and one of the highlight of our holiday was that Anton took us down to the cruise terminal in The Langham very distinctive Pink London Cab!

My one tip to all is that if you are not happy with any aspect of any hotel, tell the team - it's the only way they can resolve issues and in the case of The Langham they did for us. Great hotel, great staff and well done Anton :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Trumbull, Connecticut, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was a great experience from the time we step out of the car till we left. Location was close to Quincy market and north end.the pool ,gym and spa were wonderful. The staff went above and beyond our room exceeded our expectations we didn't want to go home. The Bond bar was a great place te relax and enjoy a drink or a bite to eat. The hotel is a little more on the expensive side but worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple