“Pretty in Pink, isn't she.....”

The Langham, Boston
Ranked #17 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

The Langham Boston put the couture in Boston Boutique hotels. It's a beautiful property with decor that would calm the most exhausted traveler. The service is very good and the breakfast at Le Fleur was excellent. Stayed here on business but its really a property to stay at when you have time to relax with that special someone. Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Since we were visiting the city as part of my birthday celebration, we didn't mind splurging a little bit to get a great hotel downtown near all of the sights. Luckily I was able to take advantage of a sale and got a little bit off of the price, so that was a definite plus.

After check-in, we went up to our room and were thrilled with it. Our room was a king with a sitting area. We loved the high ceilings, the large bathroom, and of course the great amenities. Each night there was a turn down service and the daily cleaning was impeccable. The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept very well during our stay. Essentially everything you could want in a hotel room was provided.

Staying here really set our trip off on the right foot. We were just blocks away from the Freedom Trail and several T stops giving us excellent access to everything we wanted to see. Overall the experience of staying here was very special and we're so glad that we booked our stay here. Would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to add a taste of luxury to their Boston visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We received the best welcome I have ever received from any hotel that I have ever been to. The staff was friendly and knowledgable and so helpful.

Our room was so nice and unique with a great view. The location is amazing. This will be the hotel I stay whenever I come back to Boston.

This hotel deserves to have six stars for customer service.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Bruce T,

Thank you for choosing The Langham on your most recent trip to Boston. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and accommodations. I am delighted to hear that our staff made your stay even more enjoyable. We are constantly striving for service perfection so it is nice to see that in your case we achieved our goal. During your next stay with us, please be sure to explore our newly remodeled lobby as well as our new champagne lounge, The Reserve. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Warmest Regards,
General Manager.

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at The Langham Boston for 2 nights and were very pleased. The location downtown in the financial district simply can't be beat. Boston is a wonderful walking town. We had great weather and the location of the hotel allowed for us to literally walk everywhere. And it is a short 10 minute cab ride from the airport as well. The hotel was spotless. The service was luxurious and ample yet not too stuffy or in your face. The room was decorated in classic style and average size. But the high ceilings in the room made it feel large. My only regret is that I didn't ask for a view as there is a pretty park across the street. We look forward to returning ASAP!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a night on a business trip to boston. It is a nice hotel in a different way. They have a lot of pink things, so the first impression is like being on a cheesy place. The lobby is nice and different from all the other places in the hotel. This is, the lobby has a modern architecture while the rest of the hotel as well as the rooms have more like a classical decoration (at some places, a bit saturated to my taste).
The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. They have a lo of toiletries, bathrobe, slippers and so on. You can tell that they care about details. Although the furniture looks kind of old, I would say is well maintained. You get HD TV with HBO so that is nice too.
The only thing I do not understand is why they keep the dirty carpet in the curve in front of the hotel. I guess they pretended to give the impression of you arriving to one of this grand hotels or to the academy awards, but what they got instead is more like entering an old IHOP in the highway.
Other than that, I guess it is well located. At least it was for us, all the offices I visited were 3 blocks away from the Langham.
I had the breakfast buffet and it was quite alright and the staff was friendly in general.
I could stay at this hotel another time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Spent 2 nights in Boston, attending a wedding. The Langham was terrible expensive, so we decided only one night here & one night away from Boston proper.

The Langham was beautiful. Our room was beautiful. The complimentary toiletries & slippers were wonderful. Great location to tourist sites in Boston. It was an enjoyble experience.

I'm glad we stayed the one night but two nights of such luxury wasn't necessary. I can now say, "I've been there... no big deal."

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here for three days as part of our trip and were delighted with this hotel. Firstly they upgraded us because we has booked with Trailfinders, so that was lovely. We were very central for all the attractions and eateries. The room was beautiful with very comfy beds and I wanted to bring the pillows home they were sooooo soft. Everything in the room was good. The only downside was you had to pay for wifi in the rooms. Having said that everything else was great. The reception people were lovely and friendly and very informative. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Boston now. We will be back to the lovely Langham Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple