“Classic luxury in the perfect location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Langham, Boston

The Langham, Boston
Ranked #16 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Classic luxury in the perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at The Langham Boston for 2 nights and were very pleased. The location downtown in the financial district simply can't be beat. Boston is a wonderful walking town. We had great weather and the location of the hotel allowed for us to literally walk everywhere. And it is a short 10 minute cab ride from the airport as well. The hotel was spotless. The service was luxurious and ample yet not too stuffy or in your face. The room was decorated in classic style and average size. But the high ceilings in the room made it feel large. My only regret is that I didn't ask for a view as there is a pretty park across the street. We look forward to returning ASAP!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a night on a business trip to boston. It is a nice hotel in a different way. They have a lot of pink things, so the first impression is like being on a cheesy place. The lobby is nice and different from all the other places in the hotel. This is, the lobby has a modern architecture while the rest of the hotel as well as the rooms have more like a classical decoration (at some places, a bit saturated to my taste).
The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. They have a lo of toiletries, bathrobe, slippers and so on. You can tell that they care about details. Although the furniture looks kind of old, I would say is well maintained. You get HD TV with HBO so that is nice too.
The only thing I do not understand is why they keep the dirty carpet in the curve in front of the hotel. I guess they pretended to give the impression of you arriving to one of this grand hotels or to the academy awards, but what they got instead is more like entering an old IHOP in the highway.
Other than that, I guess it is well located. At least it was for us, all the offices I visited were 3 blocks away from the Langham.
I had the breakfast buffet and it was quite alright and the staff was friendly in general.
I could stay at this hotel another time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Spent 2 nights in Boston, attending a wedding. The Langham was terrible expensive, so we decided only one night here & one night away from Boston proper.

The Langham was beautiful. Our room was beautiful. The complimentary toiletries & slippers were wonderful. Great location to tourist sites in Boston. It was an enjoyble experience.

I'm glad we stayed the one night but two nights of such luxury wasn't necessary. I can now say, "I've been there... no big deal."

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here for three days as part of our trip and were delighted with this hotel. Firstly they upgraded us because we has booked with Trailfinders, so that was lovely. We were very central for all the attractions and eateries. The room was beautiful with very comfy beds and I wanted to bring the pillows home they were sooooo soft. Everything in the room was good. The only downside was you had to pay for wifi in the rooms. Having said that everything else was great. The reception people were lovely and friendly and very informative. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Boston now. We will be back to the lovely Langham Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My daughter and I recently stayed for 3 nights in a double, double room. When we arrived we were given a warm welcome and shown to our room. It was better than expected,a large room with comfortable with cosy beds, crisp cotton sheets and almost everything we needed. We were provided with tea but only a filter machine so on asking for a kettle it was immediately sent up.
The hotel was undergoing a revamp at the entrance but this did not detract from the presentation.
We used the amazing bar on a couple of occasions and also ate here. A lovely hotel which I would go to again.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and didn't have much of a view but we wanted quiet and we got that.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank joolsps
Darien, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

A client placed me here on a recent business trip. Now I know why. This is a delightful property with a cordial staff and very nice rooms.

I was upgraded to a corner room with a large seating area, desk and chair. The wi-fi comes in two flavors, basic and fast... costly and expensive... but was somehow included in my room rate. The in-room amenities were extensive, including slippers and robe.

Hotel rates in Boston are obscene: $350 per night on average. But this hotel gives value for money.

I didn't try the restaurants, preferring to stroll over to Faneuil Hall / Quincy Market. See separate review of Durgin Park restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Post Office Square.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very poor customer service. I will never go back there again and will not recommend it to anyone.

The front desk, reservation, and the hotel dining each acted as if they were an independent party. When there was a discrepancy in the pricing between the front desk and the hotel dinning, I was told I had to talk to the in-house dining manager because the front desk did not know how to handle it. When I was told a manager would call me back, no one ever did! When I called back the 3rd time to finally get hold of the reservation person I spoke to early, she kept me waiting for 21 minutes then told me she could not do anything because all the managers were in a meeting. Hello, from a customer point of view, you represent the hotel. It is ridiculous that I have to speak to multiple people on your end to report an issue. I finally gave up what I tried to argue with the hotel. I can't afford to waste time with them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank L M
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear LM,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Langham Boston on your recent visit to Boston. I am sorry to read that you were dissatisfied with our customer service and would really be interested to learn what happened. I invite you to contact my office at your earliest convenience and hopefully I will be in a position to resolve the pricing issue with our restaurant. I am sorry that we were unable to resolve it to your satisfaction before you left our hotel and I do hope to hear back from you soon.

Your sincerely,