2,609 results
All reviewsthe financial districtcafe fleuribond barchocolate barfederal reserve bankturn down servicepost office squaresuperior roomquincy marketbeautiful hotelfaneuil hallwithin walking distanceindoor poolthe north endfreedom trailnew englandbed was very comfortable
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My daughter and I recently stayed for 3 nights in a double, double room. When we arrived we were given a warm welcome and shown to our room. It was better than expected,a large room with comfortable with cosy beds, crisp cotton sheets and almost everything we needed. We were provided with tea but only a filter machine so on asking for a kettle it was immediately sent up.
The hotel was undergoing a revamp at the entrance but this did not detract from the presentation.
We used the amazing bar on a couple of occasions and also ate here. A lovely hotel which I would go to again.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and didn't have much of a view but we wanted quiet and we got that.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank joolsps
Reviewed October 7, 2012

A client placed me here on a recent business trip. Now I know why. This is a delightful property with a cordial staff and very nice rooms.

I was upgraded to a corner room with a large seating area, desk and chair. The wi-fi comes in two flavors, basic and fast... costly and expensive... but was somehow included in my room rate. The in-room amenities were extensive, including slippers and robe.

Hotel rates in Boston are obscene: $350 per night on average. But this hotel gives value for money.

I didn't try the restaurants, preferring to stroll over to Faneuil Hall / Quincy Market. See separate review of Durgin Park restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Post Office Square.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very poor customer service. I will never go back there again and will not recommend it to anyone.

The front desk, reservation, and the hotel dining each acted as if they were an independent party. When there was a discrepancy in the pricing between the front desk and the hotel dinning, I was told I had to talk to the in-house dining manager because the front desk did not know how to handle it. When I was told a manager would call me back, no one ever did! When I called back the 3rd time to finally get hold of the reservation person I spoke to early, she kept me waiting for 21 minutes then told me she could not do anything because all the managers were in a meeting. Hello, from a customer point of view, you represent the hotel. It is ridiculous that I have to speak to multiple people on your end to report an issue. I finally gave up what I tried to argue with the hotel. I can't afford to waste time with them.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank L M
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear LM,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Langham Boston on your recent visit to Boston. I am sorry to read that you were dissatisfied with our customer service and would really be interested to learn what happened. I invite you to contact my office at your earliest convenience and hopefully I will be in a position to resolve the pricing issue with our restaurant. I am sorry that we were unable to resolve it to your satisfaction before you left our hotel and I do hope to hear back from you soon.

Your sincerely,
Serge Denis
Managing Director

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Langham this past week and really enjoyed the experience. This was our first experience as tourists in Boston and we found the location to be convenient to many of the sites we wished to visit. The staff were all very helpful and went out of their way to make our stay successful. Our room was classically appointed but with all the modern conveniences we have come to expect. Would we go again? But of course!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was pleased to have the opportunity to stay at the Langham, Boston this past weekend. The Langham is one of Boston’s premiere hotels, and has maintained its four-diamond status for thirty consecutive years. Originally, I had planned to use the app “Hotel Tonight” to book our one-night stay at the last minute (hoping for the Boston Harbor Hotel), but was a little bit scared when I found out that the International Fiscal Congress was having a large meeting in Boston that caused many of the city’s luxury hotels to have very few rooms left. When I saw Hotel Tonight’s minimal offerings for the evening of our stay, I called the Langham to attempt making a reservation less than 3 hours before check-in time on the night we were staying. I was hoping for a slightly better deal than the $475 advertised rate on a “Superior Room” with two double beds. When I called, the hotel operator picked up almost instantly, and my transfer to in-house reservations was just as quick. The friendly reservation agent I spoke with was very helpful, and offered me the room at $299, without my even inquiring about a discount. Hearing some hesitation in my voice, she told me to hold on a minute while she checked with her boss, then returned to offer me $250 per night, which I couldn’t pass by.

After a few hours on the road, we arrived at the Langham, just fifteen minutes after check-in began. The valets and bell staff were very busy keeping up with the incoming swarm of cars, and even though we only had two pieces of luggage, they still offered to help us with our luggage, which we passed up on considering how busy they were.

Check-in took less than 15 minutes, despite having to wait in line. We were given a room on the eighth floor (out of nine total), shown where the concierge is located, and instructed on how to get to the pool on the third floor.

Our room, 823, was of average size, but tastefully furnished. Much of the furniture showed its age rather clearly, but it somehow seemed to add to the grandeur of the room. The beds were elegantly outfitted with a decorative top sheet and scarf, the latter of which appeared rather outdated. The bathroom was spacious and elegant, with amenities from the hotel’s acclaimed spa. The room was full of those “little touches,” a note from our housekeeper introducing herself and a card with tomorrow’s weather handwritten at turndown.

We used the swimming pool and hot tub during our stay, and were thoroughly impressed with both facilities. The swimming pool has one lane sectioned off for swimming laps, and the rest of the pool is one large, open section. The pool was a little bit cold, and the room itself was freezing. This made the hot tub even more enjoyable, whose jets are nice and powerful!

We did not have the opportunity to dine in BOND, though we enjoyed breakfast at Café Fleuri the next morning. Their breakfast buffet on Sunday morning was reasonably priced (for Boston, that is) at $28 per adult, with a discounted price for children twelve and under. The selection was overwhelming, and everything I had was very good. I would say it ranks up there with the best hotel breakfasts I’ve ever had.

Service was warm, though it isn’t one of those places where they try to anticipate your every need (think Four Seasons). However, for us, it was exactly what we like...there when you need it, but not annoyingly so. Everyone we had the pleasure of dealing with was warm and friendly, including the concierge who made dining suggestions based on where we were going, and how to avoid traffic when leaving town.

The location of the hotel is unique...its one of very few hotels in the financial district, an area I’ve never stayed at before. I’m sure during the work week the locale is very busy, but on the weekend, it was deserted. That said, it was nice and quiet and it felt like we had the whole city to ourselves. Despite how deserted it was, we still felt safe walking back to the hotel at dusk.

There are a few areas where they can improve. Their new lobby is absolutely gorgeous, but its “fifty shades of white” scheme is dull and a little bit of color would really liven it up. It’s modern design scheme is elegant and glamorous, while still maintaining a style that pays homage to its historic heritage. The rest of the hotel, however, including the Café, event spaces, corridors, and ESPECIALLY the guest rooms would certainly benefit by being updated, keeping with the new style of the lobby. The only other issues we had were with things seemingly beyond the Langham’s control...water pressure was terrible in the shower, and the walls were paper thin.

Boston isn’t one of my favorite cities, but the Langham is certainly one of my favorite hotels. Its warm staff, charming facilities, and old world grandeur make for an amazing hotel experience. I certainly look forward to returning whenever I return to Boston, and I would recommend it highly. The Langham isn’t perfect, but it sure comes close.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Pearl Street overlook a scenic park, and the rooms on upper floors have the best views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family