2,615 results
All reviewsthe financial districtcafe fleuribond barchocolate barfederal reserve bankturn down servicepost office squaresuperior roomquincy marketbeautiful hotelfaneuil hallwithin walking distanceindoor poolthe north endfreedom trailnew englandbed was very comfortable
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We checked into the Langham in the midst of workmen, plastic tarps and a big blank space where the furniture had been moved. I'm sure the lobby was very nice, unfortunately, we didn't get to see it! I totally understand that work needs to be done sometimes, but how about letting the public know in advance? The woman at check-in was very friendly and welcoming, but the rest of the staff, polite, but not outgoing. Our room was lovely, a little on the small side, but the furnishings were nice and the bed linens crisp. The bed was very comfortable, and we did not hear traffic from outside. We did, however, hear the couple above us enjoying a romantic rendezvous around 11 p.m. Crystal clear ~ there was a pot light above the window where the sound seemed to be coming from. Rather distracting! Bathroom on the small side, but adequate, with fluffy towels and nice amenities. We had a B&B package, and the breakfast was very good. The hotel is in a great location as far as the sights go ~ very walkable distance to Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall, etc.

Room Tip: No real views at this hotel to speak of.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Savvy Girl,

Thank you for your recent review – For future reference however I would like to point out that the renovation of our lobby is now fully completed and has been for a while. I believe what you have witnessed was in fact the last delivery of the furnishings for our back lobby. I realize it might have caused some inconvenience and would like to apologize for this seldom and short disruption.

Thank you for choosing The Langham Boston

Reviewed September 26, 2012

You can expect to be treated with a smiling and friendly staff, from the doormen, registration desk, bellmen and concierege. Having been a former member of Meeting Planners and having travelled the East Coast in some great and some not so great hotels, I would rate the Langham Hotel in Boston as 5 Star all the way. The ambience of the hotel, the location to various historical spots in Boston and the restaurants in the hotel are second to none. This was my first visit to the Langham Hotel and I was "blown away" with their excellence. Purpose of my visit to the Hotel was to attend a wedding which was exquisite.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank grammykelly1
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just because this is a fancy hotel in a historic building doesn’t mean that this expensive place is all you might think. I checked into a room that was stuffy and humid. The thermostat on the wall is just placed there as some kind of cruel joke; you can’t adjust the temperature one way or the other. I called the front desk and after being placed on hold for some period of time while they checked I was told that yes, I should be comfortable on the 70º temperature they have it set to…isn’t that right? I said no, I’m not comfortable at all. They said that they’d call “engineering”. Engineering never came but they called me back to say that engineering had set it to 65º (this was done remotely). Sure enough they had, so then after it ran for a while it was almost too cold; basically only choice was fan speed. This system is unbelievably non-user friendly…I want to be able to control my own comfort. Furthermore, the air outlet in the room was pretty well coated with mold & mildew (picture attached). I wouldn’t expect such a situation at an Econolodge much less an expensive hotel such as this one. Bath does have incredibly thick towels but all the amenities like shampoo and lotion are made in China and they don’t provide mouthwash which I expect in a 4-star hotel. The internet is extra charge, bottle of water are provided in the room “as a courtesy” and only $9.00 will be added to your bill if you drink one! That’s some courtesy! Toll Free calls are a dollar a piece; everything here is an “extra charge”. Decent selection of HD channels on the TV, good lighting in the room and bath.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank 30-StateTraveler
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The lobby was finished the day before we arrived and it was Gorgeous and very well decorated. Our room was perfect, comfy bed, very clean and a perfect view of the park. Everyone from the doorman to the bellhop were very professional and polite and made our stay enjoyable! Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: The King Supreme on the 5th floor was perfect for 2 people and the sound of the night club downstairs could not be heard at all.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amber S
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I researched many hotels to determine where my sister and I could stay on our first trip to Boston. Since we wanted to see the Freedom Trail and other historical sights we settled on a location downtown rather than the Back Bay. Boston is an expensive city so that did put a few restrains on our choices. But really we still had to pay almost $400 a night with taxes included and that was if we stayed 4 nights which we did. That apparently was reasonable for Boston. Also we did not have to prepay it which I liked in case our plans changed. The program was called "Linger at the Langham".

The Langham is right in the financial district, only 4 blocks from Faneuil Hall. The price was for a deluxe double which was very large. The price included a $25 breakfast each day for each of us and admission to the spa which was very nice. It had a pool, jacuzzi, workout facility and regular spa treatments. The bar is beautiful with a food menu which we used as we got in late when we arrived.

It is about 4 blocks to the "T" but that is not bad as we wanted to walk a lot on this trip. The doormen were wonderful and the Concierge booked our dinner reservations in places that were busy.

Overall a wonderful trip.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor looking out on the street. It was very quiet at night time in Boston. I was surprised. Our room was very large. I think we were in room 431.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family